Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
django
Board Meister

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by django »

This thread needs pictures, video would be even better.
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

django wrote:This thread needs pictures, video would be even better.

Boy, do I ever agree with that! I have dashcam video of a female moron in a black VW Beetle blowing past me northbound on Glenmore today at 5:15. She was going so fast she just about ran a red light at Yates and ended up stopping halfway through the fricking intersection! Yer an IDIOT!!

Not 20 minutes later just north of Vernon on 97 I had just pulled into the left lane to pass a tanker truck when a silver Volvo wagon passed me on the RIGHT doing at least 120 kph and cut me off. I have you on video too, you IDIOT!! You missed killing yourself and possibly us by about 2 seconds!! #*%@!!!
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

If your video shows plate numbers, can you not take it to the police?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
MattJ
Fledgling

Post by MattJ »

mexicalidreamer wrote:If your video shows plate numbers, can you not take it to the police?

Yes
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

The question is will they do anything with it or are you just wasting your time?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

django wrote:This thread needs pictures, video would be even better.

There use to be pictures and it was funny to see because some posters posting them were taking the pics while driving then coming on here yapping about idiot drivers.
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

[quote="MattJ"][quote="mexicalidreamer"]If your video shows plate numbers, can you not take it to the police?[quote]

I don't see how. Without a clear picture of who was at the wheel, couldn't the registered owner just claim someone else was driving when the infraction happened? You can't see the drivers in the videos, just the cars.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Those areas that use photo-radar send the fine to the owner, they are held responsible for the automobile.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

GordonH wrote:^^^ Those areas that use photo-radar send the fine to the owner, they are held responsible for the automobile.

A very good reason not to bring back photo radar until BC leaves the Stone Age and use a system that takes pictures of the front of the car including the driver giving the ticket receiver a fighting chance if they weren't operating the vehicle - as is done in most modern day jurasdictions.

Too much guilty until proven innocent in this society we call home.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:^^^ Those areas that use photo-radar send the fine to the owner, they are held responsible for the automobile.

Dizzy1 wrote:A very good reason not to bring back photo radar until BC leaves the Stone Age and use a system that takes pictures of the front of the car including the driver giving the ticket receiver a fighting chance if they weren't operating the vehicle - as is done in most modern day jurasdictions.

Too much guilty until proven innocent in this society we call home.

Owner just has take pound flesh from jacka** he/she loan the vehicle to.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Don't loan out vehicles = problem solved.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

kgcayenne wrote:Don't loan out vehicles = problem solved.

Take the photo from the front - problem solved.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

GordonH wrote:
Owner just has take pound flesh from jacka** he/she loan the vehicle to.

Yet the owner did no wrong - the driver did. If enforcement wants to accuse an individual of breaking the law then they should do so - not simply accuse someone who's name is on the paper and leave the rest up to them
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Owner just has take pound flesh from jacka** he/she loan the vehicle to.

Dizzy1 wrote:Yet the owner did no wrong - the driver did. If enforcement wants to accuse an individual of breaking the law then they should do so - not simply accuse someone who's name is on the paper and leave the rest up to them

Those who's name is on owner registration is responsible for that vehicle, if they lend it out it still owners responsibility.
(your way would involve facial recognition software to send fine to the driver, what if out of Province or country)

Best policy is as mentioned below:
kgcayenne wrote:Don't loan out vehicles = problem solved.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Facial recognition software? LOL

A photo of the driver is more than sufficient evidence in jurasdictions where such sorcery has been used for decades.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”