Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by Smurf »

The dog probably does have more brains.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

To the punk *bleep* POS that passed the semi on the right,(into the grit) as well as other vehicles that had stopped to allow it to make it's right turn into a business off of Benvoulin, What in the world were you thinking???????
Frankly, I couldn't care less if you crash...HARD!!!! But....You had passengers, other general road
users and quite likely people that love you and don't want any harm to come to you.
Do everyone a favour and THINK!!!!!!!!

IDIOT!!!!!!!

You had to have been going 80K when everyone else was nearly 0-5K!!!!!!
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

To the RCMP cruiser waiting to turn left behind 2 others in the left turn lane at Spall/Harvey. When you decided to change your mind and move out of that turn lane and drive through the lights did you not think that your actions could have resulted in an accident, because you almost collided with a guy legitimately turning at the intersection as when he started his manoeuvre the through lanes were clear until you suddenly sprung out from your turn lane.
Had you driven off at speed with your lights on i would have understood but you continued to drive along Harvey for several more blocks at the normal speed limit, eventually turning off at Pandosy instead
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Bawhahahahahahahahaha!

(If you've seen Batman v Superman, you'll get the reference ;) )
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby Dizzy1 » Today, 2:47 am

Bawhahahahahahahahaha!

(If you've seen Batman v Superman, you'll get the reference ;) )

I take it that the red plates are one step more hazardous than the yellow (Caution) plates that Albertans were issued with in years past ??

Perhaps BC should begin issuing plates in colors depicting a person's driving habits or record. You may be on to something.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Donald G wrote:
Perhaps BC should begin issuing plates in colors depicting a person's driving habits or record. You may be on to something.

I like this a lot.
Not too far fetched since some provinces have considered unique plates for those convicted of impaired driving.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

jimmy4321 wrote: Not too far fetched since some provinces have considered unique plates for those convicted of impaired driving.

And the purpose would be what? You did the crime, you did the time - leave it be.

How about different coloured plates for X amount of years without an infraction or at-cause accident? Different tiers like with frequent flyer programs.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Although i don't necessarily agree with identifying the type of crime committed by your plate, i do agree with being able to identify problem drivers by it which would include impaired driving.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

He or she who blocks an intersection is an idiot.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

(Removed as per following comment from "most correct and wise" kgcayenne.>>>>>)
Last edited by Donald G on Apr 27th, 2016, 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Uhh, Donald, ummmm... this is a driving thread. But I think more study needs to be done on the effects on people's driving under the influence of THC.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

kgcayenne wrote:He or she who blocks an intersection is an idiot.

I love it when they think you don't notice them looking at you from the corner of their eyes LOL
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I like the idea of different plates for offenders. Anyone with points on their licence could have some sort of different plate. A little public humiliation would be good for offenders. It would also be a signal for cops to watch that car. I know it would affect the good drivers who drive the vehicle but they could also take that up with the offender since it was their fault in the first place. the non offender would have to re-licence the vehicle to get rid of the licence. Would end up being quite a hassle. but it would be fun to see.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Smurf wrote:I like the idea of different plates for offenders.

Unfortunately that's considered discrimination.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

Bsuds wrote:
Unfortunately that's considered discrimination.
I don't believe it is.
As long as the plate was changed over once points expired then i think you could do something like this.

hese 11 grounds are protected under the Canadian Human Rights Act:

race
national or ethnic origin
colour
religion
sexual orientation
marital status
family status
disability
a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”