Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
GO4it

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by GO4it »

Driving north out of Kelowna this afternoon beside a LC crane. A dimwit in a pickup with a Fal-on logo decided to cut in front of the crane truck that was following another vehicle quite close . The crane truck honked at him and the dimwit in the pickup decided to brake check him. IDIOT. You put multiple vehicles in danger. The pick up did not get further ahead with this maneuver. He turned just before Lake Country and we were still behind him.
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

Yeah, there are some real winners out there these days. Today was extra special.

Liebe Güte!
I am... the law!
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

The morons who’ll let 8-10 vehicles pile up behind them while they’re going 70km/h in a 100km/h and refuse to pull over (with plenty of opportunity) to let people pass. Instead you have trailing drivers forced into a poorly “plowed” passing lane trying to get around. I made two separate stops today heading up to the Cariboo and still caught back up to the same idiot each time.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

With road conditions like they were today, glad to hear you weren't one of the ones that hit the ditch. I'm sorry, but there is no way I would have done 100 kms today on the highways. Glad you make it to your destination safe and sound.
And, today, coming out from Kelowna, some man, running across the highway while pushing a bike, scared the heck out of us. Traffic was rather heavy and we thought for sure he was going to get hit. Crazy.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

damama55 wrote:With road conditions like they were today, glad to hear you weren't one of the ones that hit the ditch. I'm sorry, but there is no way I would have done 100 kms today on the highways. Glad you make it to your destination safe and sound.
And, today, coming out from Kelowna, some man, running across the highway while pushing a bike, scared the heck out of us. Traffic was rather heavy and we thought for sure he was going to get hit. Crazy.

It was entirely different past Cache Creek, you could easily do the limit, with the exception of the odd icy corner. Just the passing opportunities sucked.

Kamloops to Cache Creek I pulled over a few times to let bigger trucks pass because I’m just not comfortable with those guys flipping slop at my small car.

For probably the first time ever I was happier to be north in the winter versus the Okanagan.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

I do the same thing. My Dad was always one to pull over and let traffic go by, if he felt he was holding them up. Most folks are aware and to me, it is just courtesy.
I rolled a car on a corner quite a few years ago outside of Chetwynd. Really bad storm and all season tires that everyone told me would be okay. Well, they weren't. That night, even a big tow truck left the highway. Needless to say, my Toyota Corolla was a right off. Scary, though, when you roll a few times. After, I was glad it didn't happen on the hairpin curve, with a steep drop, further along that highway to Fort St. John. Good thing was, I wasn't hurt because my seat belt was on. Since then, I do slow down when there is snow on the highway.
Again, so glad you had a good trip and arrived safely on better roads then we had around Kelowna. :130: Be careful and be safe coming back.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Still seeing some vehicles with their shiny summer rims fitted and wheels a spinning. Yesterday i had to stop as a guy was trying to do a turn around in the road as his tires would not get him up the small gradient to the intersection. Even then he had several attempts as his rear wheels spun and the vehicle was going nowhere until he eventually got moving and as he reached the next intersection he slid out of it completely sideways only just managing to correct it before he hit the centre median. Get some proper tires *bleep*
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

dodgerdodge wrote:Still seeing some vehicles with their shiny summer rims fitted and wheels a spinning. Yesterday i had to stop as a guy was trying to do a turn around in the road as his tires would not get him up the small gradient to the intersection. Even then he had several attempts as his rear wheels spun and the vehicle was going nowhere until he eventually got moving and as he reached the next intersection he slid out of it completely sideways only just managing to correct it before he hit the centre median. Get some proper tires *bleep*

It's like watching ducks land on ice covered pond. It would be funny, until one realizes one or more of these idiots could hit me because they can't stop.
impo anyone caught with the wrong tires on by this time of the season should have their vehicle impounded, if for no other reason pure stupidity.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

dodgerdodge wrote:Still seeing some vehicles with their shiny summer rims fitted and wheels a spinning.

Rims have nothing to do with "wheels a spinning"

Our car has shiny rims with winter rated tires and my wife said she slid right through a stop sign today.
Even winter tires can slide under the right conditions.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
kelownman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by kelownman »

^^ she was going too fast approaching the intersection and couldnt stop! [icon_lol2.gif] :biggrin: :200:
winter driving...thinking it is still summer and dry pavement! ;)

(couldnt resist [icon_lol2.gif] )
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

kelownman wrote:^^ she was going too fast approaching the intersection and couldnt stop! [icon_lol2.gif] :biggrin: :200:
winter driving...thinking it is still summer and dry pavement! ;)

(couldnt resist [icon_lol2.gif] )
lol

You could be right but she "claims" she was not going that fast but it was a sheet of ice.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Saw an idiot leave Petro Can on the back side across the street from A&W there on Harvey across from Enterprise. Anyway, this idiot slats the back end of his truck through the parking lot, comes out on to the street slating his back end again, spinning his tires and acting all macho. You are NOT macho--just another idiot. It is guys like you that make so many side streets extremely slippery and dangerous. Otherwise, saw some beautiful scenery today with snow laden trees and bushes sparkling under the sun and beautiful skies. And, drivers were leaving good distance between vehicles. Maybe to not get so much splatter on their cars, but, it was all good. :smt045
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Today I drove back from Williams Lake. Lots and lots of snow, blowing snow, but more solid than the drive up Tuesday so that was nice.

I’m headed east from Cache Creek into Savona. If anyone is familiar with this area there’s a single lane headed downhill into Savona and two headed west on the uphill.

As I’m coming down, not one, but two semis are both stuck in the snow side-by-side headed up hill. No way for westbound traffic to get around without having to come into the opposing lane to get around. But that’s not the worst part...

So I’m coming down hill, I’m slowing a lot because the roads are a mess. Thank god there’s no one behind me for quite some time. When I see that these two are blocking both lanes and both drivers are out inspecting their trucks trying to figure out what to do, I slow to about 40km/h.

Well thank god! Because as I’m about 40’ from the trucks, the driver of the truck closest to me steps back into the middle of my lane to get a better view of his rig. Are you @*-=#&@ing kidding me?!?

Buddy got an earful of my horn and the finger.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Thank God you made it safe and sound. Sounds like you are a very careful driver. I think you could be forgiven for giving the guy the "royal salute".
I noticed today, in parking lots, some people were driving way too fast!!! AND, the parking lots were sheets of ice. I spoke to the assistant manager at Walmart about the conditions, and he said, "Yeah, all of Kelowna is bad. They can't salt until after midnight." I told him it was obvious no one salted last night. I mean, if they can't do it at night, the contractors that are paid well to clear snow and salt the areas, then do it early in the morning before the store is opened. I think they should hire a new contractor. Or, if someone falls and gets a broken leg or arm, or maybe a concussion, then they will end up being sued.
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

Some young lady almost ran me over while blasting through a crosswalk tonight. The one just outside Lee Valley.

I’m keeping you in mind, oh young white Prius driver.
I am... the law!

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”