Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
lightspeed
Guru

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by lightspeed »

Yellow peril cab - unit #60 - how about slowing down in the construction zone? Blowing through it at 85-90 when you're a four wheeled advertisement for your company is pretty dumb.
Last edited by lightspeed on May 24th, 2017, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Probably the same one that speeds in the School zones.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

A comment from another place I frequent and it's very well said.

"Quote - Terry Pickard"

"We have traveled from Wisconsin west thru the Rockies to California, east to Maine, south to Texas, to Florida and everything in between several times, first on my Goldwing motorcycle towing a popup and then in more recent years, an F150 towing a 22 ft TT. Over 200,000 mi without an accident.
I really cannot understand why some people foolishly disregard safety considerations on the road like Helmets and protective clothes on a motorcycle, or trailer tire speed limits and weight distributing hitches, eating while driving, using a cell phone etc. but it is their choice. My problem with these fools is that they endanger the lives of other people in the process of disregarding their own.
Safety laws and practices are not for the fools, they are for the precious children and parents and grandparents, brothers and sisters who suffer a loss when some uncaring idiot races by or crosses the line, or fails to stop etc., and causes a crash.
To the Fools: Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. If you don't care about your own life, think about others for a change. Slow down, get serious, and pay attention! Other peoples lives DO matter. You have no right to endanger anyone else!"
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Today, about 3 PM, a local courier truck, coming off of Clement, turning onto Spall, ON HIS CELLPHONE!!! Called the company, and, as the dispatcher said, "The guys know that it IS against the law!!" He will talk to the guys and once again, remind them. He totally agrees, IT IS STUPID TO BE ON YOUR CELLPHONE WHILE DRIVING!" Thank you to all drivers who DO stay off their phones while driving, commercial or not.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

damama55 wrote:Today, about 3 PM, a local courier truck, coming off of Clement, turning onto Spall, ON HIS CELLPHONE!!! Called the company, and, as the dispatcher said, "The guys know that it IS against the law!!" He will talk to the guys and once again, remind them. He totally agrees, IT IS STUPID TO BE ON YOUR CELLPHONE WHILE DRIVING!" Thank you to all drivers who DO stay off their phones while driving, commercial or not.

That's most likely just another white van peril. Worst drivers imaginable. Stereotypical I know, but white van drivers are a menace.

lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

White Ram van with Yukon plates. Rust spots on the back doors.

Switching lanes lurching over solid white lines and over green marked bike lanes, cutting corners through bike lanes and all with no turn signals. Not cool. Please go back to the Yukon and take your crappy driving with you.

damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

It was actually one of the big white trucks, and he had the phone right up by his ear, making the left turn with one hand!!! Sooo stupid and being an idiot. :-X
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

If you can't turn a wheel with one hand, you really should get off the road. Phone in ear doesn't equal cant drive. But that's another issue. Driving laws are for the lowest common denominator, because so many people can't focus on the road while talking, you have these laws. I always use hands free through my car audio system and dont have a problem. I can talk and actually pay attention to the road. Its also legal to do so.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Dude in cheap black M-series wannabe BMW saloon EEG03* with tints. You are stopped at a red light downtown. You are texting. You don't even see me looking at you. You are oblivious to all around you. People, kids, cyclists and cars are all secondary to your texting experience. Your tints ain't that LA bro.

You are an idiot.
Last edited by lightspeed on May 25th, 2017, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Yesterday I was on a one-way street in Kamloops.

Coming up to an intersection there is a dedicated left turn lane, the centre lane which myself and one car ahead of me occupies, and then the outside/right hand lane where there's a minivan. Remember, it's one way so we're all headed the same direction.

Buddy in the minivan tosses on their left turn signal. Instead of moving over into the centre lane and then into the left turn lane, they turn left directly in front of the car, completing a left hand turn from three lanes over.

What the actual hell.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Four pickups driving down a rural road. 30 over the limit.

A feet jumps out a ways ahead of me maybe 30-40 metres, then I spy another on my left. I slow down and flash my lights for the first pickup. I also point to my left pretty clearly. First pickup bro then bowls on through without slowing. The next three tail him and then boom as if by magic a deer jumps out from the verge and they all hammer the brakes on nearly rear ending each other.

Sometimes you just can't help dumb people.

damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

As Judge Judy says--Beauty fades, DUMB IS FOREVA!!!! LOL
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

This happened at one of the Kelowna golf courses this morning. Whoops, would that be a five?
*Photo credit to someone on Facebook.
Attachments
IMG_0351.JPG
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Bsuds wrote:It would not surprise me that the Truck involved was either speeding and/or following too close.

They have been working in my area recently and I have seen them speeding on residential streets and in the School Zone.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/1 ... -on-Hwy-97

Would not surprise me that one, or both cars that got crunched snaked the drivers lane.
Stole his margin, and pinned the binders.
Due to aggressive lane changes on approach to intersections.

Entrapment !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Something was infront of the Mustang, looking at picture pavement is wet at front of the Mustang plus the plastic bumper is hanging down. Was there 4th vehicle that cause chain reaction & took off.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”