Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
lightspeed
Guru

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by lightspeed »

If you were out and about in a convoy of three cheap crappy convertibles today and got an angry resident shouting at you from their deck:

Don't turn around using someone's driveway.
Don't gouge their asphalt.
Don't damage someone's driveway.
You're actually trespassing.

"Relax buddy we're just turning around" as you gouge big holes in my asphalt. Goof.

And you're very lucky I couldn't see your licence plate else you'd be hearing from my lawyer.

Tourist morons. Go home.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

you should look into some anger management and if you have ''big holes'' in your asphalt you should direct your lawyer to the contractor that did your driveway
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

LTD wrote:you should look into some anger management and if you have ''big holes'' in your asphalt you should direct your lawyer to the contractor that did your driveway

Fail.

The driveway is on an angle sloped for runoff. Goofs turning around on it will gouge holes in it from low slung sportscars. Simple as that. Maybe listen to where people are coming from instead of being such a troll. Please do me a huge favour and refrain from posting replies to my comments. You're part of the problem.

For the record I have never ever found the need to use someone else's driveway to turn around. I have no clue what goes through idiots brains (or yours for that matter) if you think it's ok to trespass and cause damage. If you do, it probably explains why I don't enjoy reading your contributions.

LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I don't care what you like and using someones driveway to turn around is not considered trespassing your anger issues will be the death of you getting out of shape over that is not healthy good luck to you
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

LTD wrote:I don't care what you like and using someones driveway to turn around is not considered trespassing

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. Zero. If told to stay off a property and such direction is ignored, this IS trespass.

Please. For your own sake. Stick to topics you can make a contribution to. You're showing yourself up here.

LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 27th, 2017, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 27th, 2017, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 27th, 2017, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to removed post

Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

lightspeed wrote:If you were out and about in a convoy of three cheap crappy convertibles today and got an angry resident shouting at you from their deck:

"Relax buddy we're just turning around" as you gouge big holes in my asphalt. Goof.

And you're very lucky I couldn't see your licence plate else you'd be hearing from my lawyer.

Tourist morons. Go home.

Just be thankful you have a driveway. You probably have a nice house too. Be thankful, 99% world doesn't have even close to what you have. Or just go ahead and Bt3h about tiny things and be thankless.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Hmmm wrote:
lightspeed wrote:If you were out and about in a convoy of three cheap crappy convertibles today and got an angry resident shouting at you from their deck:

Tourist morons. Go home.

Just be thankful you have a driveway. You probably have a nice house too. Be thankful, 99% world doesn't have even close to what you have. Or just go ahead and Bt3h about tiny things and be thankless.

I am thankful for everything I have - however I am not tolerant of other disrespectful idiots. And everything I have had been worked for. Blood, sweat, and tears. Not wasting money on bling, fancy vacations, toys, and distractions like smoking gambling or fentanyl. So seeing a group of entitled self absorbed goofs damage my property is enough to grind my gears.

I don't cause damage to other people's property. I don't negatively affect other people in any way. I have NEVER turned around on someone's driveway. There's no need. That's what a three point turn is for. Sadly we have people on the road who'd rather grind the bottom of their car than have the inconvenience of a three point turn or choosing somewhere else to turn around.

An excess of ignorant people is the problem.

TheBoss
Fledgling

Post by TheBoss »

lightspeed wrote:
I am thankful for everything I have - however I am not tolerant of other disrespectful idiots. And everything I have had been worked for. Blood, sweat, and tears. Not wasting money on bling, fancy vacations, toys, and distractions like smoking gambling or fentanyl. So seeing a group of entitled self absorbed goofs damage my property is enough to grind my gears.

I don't cause damage to other people's property. I don't negatively affect other people in any way. I have NEVER turned around on someone's driveway. There's no need. That's what a three point turn is for. Sadly we have people on the road who'd rather grind the bottom of their car than have the inconvenience of a three point turn or choosing somewhere else to turn around.

An excess of ignorant people is the problem.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure when i went to driving school using someones driveway is perfectly legal to turn around and if i remember correctly that is part of a 2-3 point turn. I'll gladly use a persons driveway to turn around in much safer than trying to do a turn around in the middle of the road.

Also how did they gouge your driveway? Do you have proof IE a picture? The only way they're going to damage your driveway is if they driving a car so lowered it's no longer street legal or at least how i'm picturing it. Also their are no criminal charges you can press against a person for turning around in your driveway. What was that about fentanyl what does that even have to do with anything?

Anyways moral of the story is you can use a driveway to legally turn! around! From the icbc tune up booklet "chapter 4 — rules of the road
Turning around
Sometimes you can turn around by doing a series of turns at
intersections or by turning in a cul‑de‑sac. You may also be able
to do a U‑turn or a two‑point turn or a three‑point turn.
A two‑point turn is done by stopping near the side of the road,
backing into a driveway and then turning into the street to
proceed in the opposite direction. "
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

should also point out that your property never goes right to the road and is usually minimum 10 feet from the edge however some folks just like to complain
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

I think what Lightspeed is trying to say is--When a vehicle, that is lower in the front end, and driveway has a bit of a higher grade, the lower front end gouges his driveway and THAT is what is making him upset. I don't think anyone would blame him. Yes, a quick 2 or 3 point turnaround is allowable, but, not when it damages, or gouges someone's property. So many of the sporty vehicles have become so lowered, one wonders how they even make it over speed bumps without doing damage to the undercarriage or the front end.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

White truck with blue stripe down the center?? Nice truck, looks like it is tricked out. But, you need to slow down and you don't need to be sooooooo annoyingly loud. Nice truck, but, you don't impress folks much.
Toyota type small dark red truck?? You need to slow down, too. You are always driving way too fast for anytime I have seen you.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

damama55 wrote:I think what Lightspeed is trying to say is--When a vehicle, that is lower in the front end, and driveway has a bit of a higher grade, the lower front end gouges his driveway and THAT is what is making him upset. I don't think anyone would blame him. Yes, a quick 2 or 3 point turnaround is allowable, but, not when it damages, or gouges someone's property. So many of the sporty vehicles have become so lowered, one wonders how they even make it over speed bumps without doing damage to the undercarriage or the front end.

YOU get it. And you're not being a foul argumentative wad just for the sake of it (see above).

Thanks for "listening" and understanding. Appreciated.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”