Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by dirtybiker »

lightspeed wrote: any more complaints from the public and they're fired".

You do realize that this (at times) is a response given to diffuse an irate person that is lodging
a complaint ?

People that call in hear this, feel righteous and just, and hang up happy.

Driver and call taker have a chat, get a verbal "cool it" conversation, then have a laugh about
how it was handled, everyone goes back to work, albeit, cooled down a bit, for a bit.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

dirtybiker wrote:
lightspeed wrote: any more complaints from the public and they're fired".

You do realize that this (at times) is a response given to diffuse an irate person that is lodging
a complaint ?

People that call in hear this, feel righteous and just, and hang up happy.

Driver and call taker have a chat, get a verbal "cool it" conversation, then have a laugh about
how it was handled, everyone goes back to work, albeit, cooled down a bit, for a bit.

Could be but the call taker sounded properly pee'd off and sick of taking such calls.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Asian dude in a late model maroon red Mercedes saloon car.

Nice u-turn at a stop sign (no notice given) with vehicles waiting to proceed from each way, and driving around with your four ways on, confusing the hell out of people. Then I saw you backing out of a busy intersection on Harvey as you decided you didn't want to turn left after all.

Idiot award for you.

dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

A little Punk in a gold Mazda Protégé went flying through Winfield town centre
at highway speeds, turned to take Glenmore and proceeded to pass everything he could
wherever there was even a slight opening, solid lines or not.
He had oncoming diving on the brakes and applying avoidance manouvers, and people he was
passing doing the same. He also spent a fair amount of time across the centre line through the curves.

Quite clear that Mommy and Daddy didn't teach him about sharing.

A total menace, N clearly displayed in back window
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

THAT is the time to call 911, if you don't have the RCMP's number saved into your phone. If you got a partial plate number, perhaps call them and see if they might know of the driver from being reported many times before. The "N" is what scares me. A lot of the "N" drivers take terrible risks.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

damama55 wrote:THAT is the time to call 911, if you don't have the RCMP's number saved into your phone. If you got a partial plate number, perhaps call them and see if they might know of the driver from being reported many times before. The "N" is what scares me. A lot of the "N" drivers take terrible risks.

Agreed. Many of the idiots that I have witnessed doing very dangerous things have had a "L" on the back of their car.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

No Bluetooth phone thingy, no plate number.
Blew by me so fast in the 50k zone, never got the chance.

The speed he was going even If a call was made, I doubt they (RCMP) would have been able to
respond quick enough to catch him.
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

There is nothing faster than a Motorola. Image

AND the police will not charge someone for using their cell phone for reporting a crime in progress while driving.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

A car came flying up behind me at a red light. I thought I was getting rear ended for sure. I actually flinched and crept forward as much as I could. Stopped about two inches from my bumper.

Then - same car - did the same trick at a red pedestrian crossing light. Dude got told about leaving suitable distance between cars. Poor old guy looked utterly dumbfounded.

Too many idiots, not enough intersections for them.

Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

Dear, whoever it was that angle-parked their white car on top of a large bush right beside a building's wall, somehow jumping the curb, on the East side of 3320 Richter Street this morning...

You are the greatest driver, ever, bruh. You must've been going pretty fast to pull that one. You weren't there to receive my recognition, but I'm sure the people taking pictures will spread your glory. I mean, your car barely had any tail left in the parking lot.
I am... the law!
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Ptolemy Soter wrote:Dear, whoever it was that angle-parked their white car on top of a large bush right beside a building's wall, somehow jumping the curb, on the East side of 3320 Richter Street this morning...

You are the greatest driver, ever, bruh. You must've been going pretty fast to pull that one. You weren't there to receive my recognition, but I'm sure the people taking pictures will spread your glory. I mean, your car barely had any tail left in the parking lot.

Oh my god we saw this too. Came out from the building and drive out to be greeted by that car just planted on top of the bush. It was weird. No sign of anyone around, wish i had stopped and taken a picture now.
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

To the tart in the silver sedan heading north from the airport to Winfield at about 7:40pm. You were drifting between the lanes and then over to the shoulder. You even came close to hitting a passing car. Luckily you swerved abruptly at the last second. I knew what you were up to. The phone screen was all lit up in front of your face when I drove by. My horn sure seemed to give you a startle.

Put the damn phone away and pay attention to the road. Idiot.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

RustyCrayon wrote:To the tart in the silver sedan heading north from the airport to Winfield at about 7:40pm. You were drifting between the lanes and then over to the shoulder. You even came close to hitting a passing car. Luckily you swerved abruptly at the last second. I knew what you were up to. The phone screen was all lit up in front of your face when I drove by. My horn sure seemed to give you a startle.

Put the damn phone away and pay attention to the road. Idiot.

Wonder if it was the one that went down the embankment at Crystal Waters Rd last night??

dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

lightspeed wrote:
Wonder if it was the one that went down the embankment at Crystal Waters Rd last night??

Wrong timeline, Crystal waters wreck was about an hour earlier.

Not sure why but there sure has been a fairly regular occurrence of wrecks right by there over the
last few years. I don't get it.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

dirtybiker wrote:
lightspeed wrote:

Wrong timeline, Crystal waters wreck was about an hour earlier.

Not sure why but there sure has been a fairly regular occurrence of wrecks right by there over the
last few years. I don't get it.

People let loose through there. Speed related?

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”