Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by Bsuds »

We need an "I" sticker for their cars so we can have a bit of a warning that they will do something stupid.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Had an N-peril almost back into the side of my vehicle as I was mindfully going about my business. How can someone not even do the basics of looking behind themselves before reversing. More so, just booting the gas pedal without a care in the world. Just hit 'n hope, I guess.

It's no surprise that auto insurance is an ever increasing curse upon the motorist.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

people are soo f :cuss: stupid
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I keep thinking someone should make 'Idiot' stickers to slap on the appropriate vehicles.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Bsuds wrote:We need an "I" sticker for their cars so we can have a bit of a warning that they will do something stupid.

That is a VERY good idea. :)
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

There must be magnetic signs that can be made up (or probably already in existence) that can be slapped on a car.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

Fancy wrote:There must be magnetic signs that can be made up (or probably already in existence) that can be slapped on a car.

Someone, get on this, stat. I'll buy a hundred.
I am... the law!
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

lightspeed wrote:Had an N-peril almost back into the side of my vehicle as I was mindfully going about my business. How can someone not even do the basics of looking behind themselves before reversing.

This has happened to me multiple times over the summer. I have blasted my horn to prevent large trucks/SUV/Crossover things from backing into me in parking lots.

I believe it has to do with the design of vehicles. Everyone drives these large SUV things that have terrible rear visibility. Not everyone springs for rear backup cameras either. I drive a 4 door sedan, it's not like I'm invisible.

As long as "they" feel safe in a tank, we had all better watch out I suppose.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Atomoa wrote: Everyone drives these large SUV things that have terrible rear visibility. Not everyone springs for rear backup cameras either. I drive a 4 door sedan, it's not like I'm invisible.

I drive a smaller SUV that has a back up camera. While they are helpful you can't see to the sides very far so will not see a vehicle unless it is directly behind. The visibility out the windows is not the best either so I need to be very careful when backing up. The camera is very slow to start up when the car is first turned on as well. I can back up before it even starts.

It boils down to everyone needs to be alert when in a parking lot to be safe. Some really need to slow down so they and the car backing up have time to stop if needed.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

As for the big vehicles almost backing into us, I think EVERYONE should have those little mirrors put on the big mirrors. I got a car this Summer, and I put the little round mirrors on my rear view mirrors to give me a wider view and to make sure I see who is parked behind me. They also help with the blind spots, even though I always do a shoulder check, which I find a lot of drivers don't do. :(
The other day, I was sitting at Springfield and Highway 33. An idiot came down off of 33, fishtailed onto Springfield, and I sat there with bated breath, thinking he was going to sideswipe my car. A young fellow, in a souped up car, and going too fast for making a corner. Someone give that guy an "I", before he kills himself or someone else. And, no, I didn't get a license number. If I had, I would have reported him.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Fancy wrote:There must be magnetic signs that can be made up (or probably already in existence) that can be slapped on a car.

Or really big sticky notes.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

To the dude driving the Grey Mercedes Coupe along Valley towards Sexsmith, I know you are not a total idiot because you were driving a nice modern car but you cannot escape the fact that you had you phone jammed in your face and for that reason you are something worse than an idiot that I cannot name. I have had to dodge my share of idiots while out walking and you had yours eyes on you phone instead of the road.
Waste not
GO4it

Post by GO4it »

To the young lady driving a dark blue or black compact car lic# CM0 10- by Ellison lake around 4:45 today, it was pouring rain with large puddles I noticed you weaving a bit. As we got closer I saw you glance down and pick up you phone and start texting. You were also tailgating. Oh yeah you had an N on the back of your car. I glared at you as we passed you and mouthed put it down. Hopefully you did and made it where you were going.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

I couldn't believe what a guy in a black Dodge pickup did today, about 3 PM at the intersection by the Mohawk and Tim Horton's on the highway. A TOTAL IDIOT he is. We were all waiting for the light to change, but, Mr. Idiot, couldn't wait for the light for him to move to the intersection and turn left for his donut and coffee, or whatever. HE WENT RIGHT OVER THE MEDIAN, CUT ACROSS TWO LANES OF TRAFFIC TO RIP INTO THE PARKING LOT ! ! I know there was no traffic coming at you at the time, but, that doesn't mean you can ignore the rules of the road and do what you want. You, Sir, will be lucky to make it to your next Birthday when you are acting like a spoiled BRAT.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I actually confronted someone who made an idiotic traffic move to get to his coffee earlier than others. A simple "in a hurry to get your coffee?" prompted a very sheepish look and since I was right behind him in a long lineup he had no where to go, not much else to say and further teasing amongst the other customers made him relax and realize - ok, stupid move and didn't gain any more time. Fast foward 20+ years, would I get the same response?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”