Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
Atomoa
Guru

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by Atomoa »

I believe the station is gone but even if the police handed out a few tickets without the barriers people will just make the left when they think nobody is around (and they don't see me coming).

Barriers it is.

That Mac's is full of hundreds of kids seeking slurpees every school day. All we need is some bonehead to make a sketchy left and plow through a heard of children.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
ValB58
Banned

Post by ValB58 »

Atomoa wrote:Corner of Mountain and Glenmore. Northbound I'm entering the left hand turning lane onto Mountain. Lady in a SUV makes a left out of the Mac's store, across the solid yellow painted median and attempts to merge into the left hand turning lane infront of me. I slammed my brakes on, stalled my car out. She didnt see me. She tries to wave me infront of her!

Both windows were rolled down. Pleasantries exchanged. Apparently I shouldn't be so upset because "everyone makes mistakes".

Making the conscience choice to drive across a median (on a dark rainy night) in order to save yourself a traffic light wait is hardly a mistake.

It sucks for the Mac store owners but I've gone and reported the traffic issue to the city of Kelowna. Everyone loves to invent a left land turning lane in the yellow lined "do not drive here" so they can turn directly into the Mac's store without having to make the left at the light and then loop around. Expect concrete barriers up there soon.

SO . . .YOU were making a left turn over a double yellow line and someone else was making a left turn over the same yellow line, at the same time . . . . BUT........YOU are right and THEY are wrong?
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

The first line of his post states he was entering the 'turn lane' that is for turning onto Mountain. Where the hell do you get the idea he's turning into Mac's?
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
ValB58
Banned

Post by ValB58 »

kgcayenne wrote:The first line of his post states he was entering the 'turn lane' that is for turning onto Mountain. Where the hell do you get the idea he's turning into Mac's?

I was just looking at the red arrows in the picture that he/she provided.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Ahhhhhhh. I think his illustration showed what he sees as a chronic problem. And I've seen this myself there for years.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Some dumbarse was fooling around doing something wrong, heard a cop pull him over near my house today, hope he got a ticket at the least. Lemme see, speeding, texting, drunk perhaps? It's warming up so peeps are gonna start ripping up the roads later into the night soon. Yipeeee!
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Thanks to the *bleep* truck driver who almost wiped us out on Springfield today!
Try looking in your frigging mirrors before you change lanes!
Sent an e-mail to your HO and I hope they at least tell you to pay attention.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

At a 4 way today the lady in the large SUV was at her rights to go but she waited for me, I waved her through and she hesitantly went as if tapping her breaks and I was next so I ended up behind her. She seemed to think out her moves quite carefully leaving me dragging behind. Once we got out onto two lanes I was able to leave her behind to figure it all out and I didn't have to go over any speed limits to do so. Looking back a couple times in the rear view mirror she was still having trouble but managed to make a turn off the main road. I hope she made it home safely.
Some people don't know the 4 ways yet. Or do they just get nervous? I think it's ok to ask someone you know if you have forgotten or, better yet pick up a driving manual.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Roadster wrote: I think it's ok to ask someone you know if you have forgotten or, better yet pick up a driving manual.

Even better would be to let someone else drive!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Very good point
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

To the clown in the white Nissan pick-up with the "Jam Country" sticker on his/her tailgate coming off of 48th Avenue on to 27th Street in Vernon at around 1:30pm ...

1) You had a red light, a very solid red light. This means you must come to a complete stop, but you didn't even come to a rolling stop - you just gunned it around the corner making your right turn just so you can get ahead of the vehicles coming down 27th.

2) When you make a right turn onto a multi-laned road, your really should try to stay in the right lane and then switch into the left lane when its safe to do so. However, at the speed you flew around that corner against a solid red light, you were way to fast to make sure you could make your left turn into the Village Green Mall.

Please, do the travelling public all a favor and hand in your keys and license because you are a serious idiot with a very selfish attitude behind the wheel.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

To the moron in the small grey pickup at Costco this afternoon.

Yer an idiot!

Traveling behind you at 8 km/h (my foot on the brake the entire time) while you SLAMMED on your brakes like a small child ran in front of you (spoiler alert: there was no child/obstacle of any kind), not one, but TWICE, causing myself and all other drivers to come to a dead stop is poor parking lot etiquette on a good day. Stopping your truck, getting out, and screaming at me to "get off your *bleep*" was down right rude. Everyone is bumper to bumper and moving at a snails pace. Not sure how much slower you expect any of us to go so that you can police the parking lot.

The cherry on top was when you used no signal to cut left in front of all of those vehicles entering off Baron. Thanks for the laughs idiot.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Always Sunny wrote:
The cherry on top was when you used no signal to cut left in front of all of those vehicles entering off Baron. Thanks for the laughs idiot.

The ones who typically cut infront of people instead of waiting for a safe gap and then proceeding at a snails pace are usually the ones who complain the loudest about "tailgaters".
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Always Sunny wrote:The cherry on top was when you used no signal to cut left in front of all of those vehicles entering off Baron. Thanks for the laughs idiot.

Dizzy1 wrote:The ones who typically cut infront of people instead of waiting for a safe gap and then proceeding at a snails pace are usually the ones who complain the loudest about "tailgaters".

It was really quite the sight to see. I wish my dash-cam were set up at the time. Accusing someone of "tail gating" while we're simply trying to get out of a parking lot was a stretch. Truly the type of driver who thinks the world should revolve around them and their road rage.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Always Sunny wrote:It was really quite the sight to see.

LOL - I bet it was.
Always Sunny wrote:I wish my dash-cam were set up at the time.

LMAO!

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”