Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by kgcayenne »

Let's look at whether the terms '@$$hole' 'Idiot' 'selfish tw@t' 'lame-brain' [insert others of choice] fit into the categories mentioned above:

race - nope
national or ethnic origin - nope
colour - nope
religion - nope
age - nope
sex - nope
sexual orientation - nope
marital status - nope
family status - nope
disability - Let's see, is being an selfish @$$hole with a propensity for being a lame-brain idiot a disability?

I see nothing wrong with publicly shaming such people.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I don't either but someone would pull the discrimination card.

I think they should lose their driving privileges which would work better than shaming.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

kgcayenne wrote:

I see nothing wrong with publicly shaming such people.

And what purpose would that serve other than giving ourselves a more smug perception of our own "flawlessness"?

Bring in stiffer penalties and deal with the issue the way it should be. Public shaming does nothing to sole the issue and just opens doors for more issues.
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Apr 28th, 2016, 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

supposed flawlessness
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

LTD wrote:supposed flawlessness

Hence the quotation marks ;)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Scadam
Übergod

Post by Scadam »

Alberta plates on a pickup coming up the highway by Parkinson the other day, left lane. Someone changes lanes into the space in front of him, signaling but definitely a bit of a cut off. Truck hesitates then does this elaborate fishtail braking and lane change middle lane. Very dramatic as though there was an imminent collision, which there was not. The other car then turns off at Parkinson, clearly why they needed to get in the left lane in the first place. But now Alberta's adrenaline is pumping and he's already floored it to pass the awful lane-changer, so he keeps gunning it and swerves over to the HOV lane to pass the next middle-lane car on the right and then crosses all the way back into the left lane where he now has to slam on his brakes because he's just flying and spall is already stale yellow. A normal stop becomes a smoke show due to his speed. At least he didn't race through the yellow/red totally speeding... In the end his swerving speeding theatrics placed him exactly one car length ahead, now being in front of the car he had been trailing.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

The cabbie in Vegas yesterday taking me to the airport. Didn't use his signal once, didn't stop at stop signs. Had ear buds in the whole time while holding his phone up. I figured he was just browsing his tunes. Nope, he was watching some UFC mumbo jumbo the whole drive. Yeesh
Tony B.

Post by Tony B. »

The Siegfried Roy show in Vegas was much better than all these new circus shows they have now. He used to drive himself to perform because all the drivers there are just like that.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Tony B. wrote:The Siegfried Roy show in Vegas was much better than all these new circus shows they have now. He used to drive himself to perform because all the drivers there are just like that.

To be honest, I find the drivers there pretty good. Out of all the cabbies I've had there this year (and thats quite a few) and the ones I've seen, this is the first one that I've had a real concern over. May have been different back then though.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

My pointless/idiot award for 2016 goes to:

City of Kelowna employee who street swept an unpaved back alley (street sweeping dirt off dirt). I can't laugh hard enough, swift move.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

To the *bleep* in the Mustang GT. I was at the intersection first which gives me the right of way to go first.
Then you booted it up Hwy 33 and had to jam on your brakes to make a left turn...you are an idiot!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

The older gentleman at Orchard Park this afternoon. Perhaps you'd looked left/right before starting to back up, but you definitely did not look directly behind you. While I'd already backed out of my spot and was waiting patiently for another vehicle to finish backing out of her spot (in my direction of travel) you began backing directly into me. I couldn't move forward and there was a vehicle coming up behind me, so I laid on the horn. Thank god you noticed finally or I'd have been t-boned (while at low speed you'd have crunched my driver and passenger doors). To the woman on the vehicle ahead of me, I apologize if you thought I was honking at you.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

...to the person towing a loaded flatdeck behind his f350 from the
Airport to Winfield.
Doing 80-85kph

I caught you,on cruise at 92-3kph, you had plenty of time to see me gaining on you
but instead, waited till up drew up alongside of you then you wake up and speed up.

Traffic then builds behind as we are side-by-each, I accelerate as to clear you
but no, you *bleep* also accelerate more.
Now traffic has built up even more as you have trapped me in a no win situation.

I'm now the bad guy for blocking the left lane but only because you *bleep* ant will
not allow yourself to be over-taken.

I am left without a choice to even slow to get back behind you as traffic is plugged in both lanes.

You then turn off a Beaver Lk. Rd. leaving me to continue on in a bee-hive of aggrevated people
swarming around me.

Yer An Idiot!!!!
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dgb

Post by dgb »

To the young lady in the Civic sedan who cut me off on Springfield near Gordon today: if you're wondering what that long screeching sound was, that was me, standing on my brakes.

You're welcome.

Now go buy a lottery ticket.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:My pointless/idiot award for 2016 goes to:

City of Kelowna employee who street swept an unpaved back alley (street sweeping dirt off dirt). I can't laugh hard enough, swift move.

lol were do they find these guys anyway lol
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”