Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by Bsuds »

Poindexter wrote:To the guy driving his RV with one of his storage doors open..... oh wait, that was me.

I'm such an idiot.

[icon_lol2.gif] We drove down Hwy 3 for a few K's with the handle beside the door in the out position. Good thing it doesn't stick out very far.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

If you're an older, balding, 60's gent driving a silver import saloon, you could conduct yourself in a far more mature and respectful manner than bawling, f-bombing, and threatening another motorist. Especially after that same motorist overtook you for driving slow, at erratic speeds, cutting corners, and for weaving across the lane. It is perfectly legal to overtake another vehicle on a solid line when it is safe to do so.

Yet another rude, stressed out, ignorant, incompetent, idiot driver.

MVA:

Highway lines

155 (1) Despite anything in this Part, if a highway is marked with

(a) a solid double line, the driver of a vehicle must drive it to the right of the line only,

(b) a double line consisting of a broken line and a solid line,

(i) the driver of a vehicle proceeding along the highway on the side of the broken line must drive the vehicle to the right of the double line, except when passing an overtaken vehicle, and

(ii) the driver of a vehicle proceeding along the highway on the side of the solid line must drive the vehicle to the right of the double line, except only when finishing the passing of an overtaken vehicle, and

(c) one single line, broken or solid, the driver of a vehicle must drive the vehicle to the right of the line, except only when passing an overtaken vehicle.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

I don't want to seem disrespectful, but to the elderly gent on the mobility scooter that tried to cross 48th Ave in Vernon and literally drove off the sidewalk right in front of me, sorry but yer an idiot. As it was, you're lucky I had just enough time and room to swerve around you or you'd be on your way to the morgue right now. I guess you had no idea you were at a pedestrian controlled intersection and that a simple push of a button would've stopped traffic and let you cross the street safely. :-X :200:
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Today, I drive uphill approaching an intersection. Vision is clear for everyone. To my right a car pulls left across me cutting me off, turning left. To my left, a car pulls out and proceeds slowly along the road. Down a hill they drag their brakes all the way in typical AB painfully slow hill driving style. At the bottom of the hill they stop, I assume to ask directions, blocking my right turn. I shake my head at them.

Idiots everywhere. To the right of me, to the left of me.

Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right,
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you"
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Good one. He does see a lot of them out there. Idiots, I mean. :)
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Yesterday’s idiot was a guy on a Harley who decided to use the merge lane after the Sneena overpass to zoom on ahead of the slow-moving 5:00 pm traffic. He’s lucky the car that he’d originally been in front of let him back in at the very end. I have seen it happen a few times when someone tries that stunt (an illegal stunt no less) that motorists tighten up and refuse to let the queue-jumper in.

The day before, there was an older woman in a minivan who refused to allow people to enter the highway at Pandosy and then again at Water/Pandosy while the cars in front of her and behind her were merging people in alternately just fine. She got her comeuppance a little later when a semi had broken down at Abbott in front of the Beach House/Prestige Inn and people had to move over from the RH to the centre lane. No one let her in… I mean no one. She sat there at the very end with her signal on for quite some time. She probably was finally let in by someone who had not witnessed her selfishness.

Social justice on the road, while it’s somewhat satisfying to see, I can’t help but think that it would heighten road rage, thus compromising everyone's safety, in an already ‘compromised’, selfish individual.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

damama55 wrote:Good one. He does see a lot of them out there. Idiots, I mean. :)

Today a lady ripped out of T-Bones parking lot in Kelowna, drove over the sidewalk and launched her SUV off the kerb.

Soccer Mom Guy in a silver van with beater dents in the back. Nice red light run, and I assume you have broken turn signals based on when turning and making lane changes. I bet those small children hanging out of the back windows were having a hell of a ride.

"Are we there yet" (because we're scared to death and the screaming isn't from fun, it's from fear). "Mommy, will you drive please".

Idiot cookies for you.
Last edited by lightspeed on Aug 25th, 2016, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

kgcayenne wrote:Yesterday’s idiot was a guy on a Harley who decided to use the merge lane after the Sneena overpass to zoom on ahead of the slow-moving 5:00 pm traffic. He’s lucky the car that he’d originally been in front of let him back in at the very end. I have seen it happen a few times when someone tries that stunt (an illegal stunt no less) that motorists tighten up and refuse to let the queue-jumper in.

I'm unapologetically guilty of "not seeing" these idiots trying to merge back onto the highway. When I witness that selfish BS I hope I'm that person that's supposed to let them in. Same sort of thing happens often on Benvoulin just before KLO. People will jockey in and out of both lanes and/or zoom up the outside and then cut off everyone who actually pays attention to those signs stating the right line must left right. I'll give them a pass though if I notice the plates are out of province/town.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Always Sunny wrote:Same sort of thing happens often on Benvoulin just before KLO. People will jockey in and out of both lanes and/or zoom up the outside and then cut off everyone who actually pays attention to those signs stating the right line must left right. I'll give them a pass though if I notice the plates are out of province/town.

It's actually not marked very well for those who are not aware all ready.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Always Sunny wrote:Same sort of thing happens often on Benvoulin just before KLO. People will jockey in and out of both lanes and/or zoom up the outside and then cut off everyone who actually pays attention to those signs stating the right line must left right. I'll give them a pass though if I notice the plates are out of province/town.

Bsuds wrote:It's actually not marked very well for those who are not aware all ready.

Which is why I give the out-of-towners the benefit of the doubt. The Speedy McSpeeders that blast up the outside lane and cut in a couple cars before the lights...they know what's up.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Is every Bekins Moving white van driver a complete and utter quarter-wit? Terrible drivers. No clue.

If you see them, be wary.

RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

To the guy renting the house at the end of a certain road in Lake Country. You have permanently blocked off the easement/trail head "for the safety of your children". Yet you speed down the road like a maniac in your pick-up truck with complete disregard for your neighbours and their children.

Yer an idiot!
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Special mention for the flock of ESL students trying to cross four lanes today.

Pure genius. It takes a special sort of person to jaywalk four lanes of busy traffic, and it looks like we found 8 special people all in one place at the same time.

netfreak
Übergod

Post by netfreak »

Two BMWs street racing up glenmore road and almost smoking a kid in the crosswalk past petrocan. Well done morons.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”