Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
lightspeed
Guru

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by lightspeed »

I seldom see any idiots on my travels these days. Things have gone very mellow, and most people seem relaxed and patient.

Today I followed a small asian lady in a recent black red plate BMW, who struggled to keep her vehicle in her lane. Swerving into the rhubarb, and drifting into the rocks and gravel at the edge of the kerb. That's about as idiotic as it gets these days.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Where are you driving as I must be in a totally different area. Short trip downtown Vernon yesterday and we saw 6 cell phone users, two idiots (1 man, 1 woman) totally distracted.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Smurf wrote:Where are you driving as I must be in a totally different area. Short trip downtown Vernon yesterday and we saw 6 cell phone users, two idiots (1 man, 1 woman) totally distracted.

Guess I spoke too soon?

Driving along, everyone driving responsibly, decent sized gaps between all vehicles, reasonable speed just above the limit. Everyone enjoying a hassle free commute. Then a silver Toyota starts to tailgate me (plate BW8 76*). 10' of space at 50-60. No breaks in the traffic, both lanes flowing nicely at that point.

They can't get ahead so like an angry 8 year old with the boo hoos, they cut hard right then weave left right left right through two lanes of traffic, braking hard and forcing two cars to almost rear end them. Only saved from a wreck during their weaving manoeuvres by people having the good grace to leave appropriate gaps at the speed we were travelling.

Utterly moronic driving. I don't understand how anyone could be in such a rush and dire need to get to their cubicle in such a thoughtless, selfish rush.

Oh and yesterday the previously mentioned notorious blue peril VW saloon was weaving and cutting up cars at 70-90 all the way through the construction zone and through Harvey. That numpty kid will kill someone or themselves. Next time, my passenger will get video evidence. Awful, reckless driving.

kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

So, dude in the white lambo crossing the bridge today into town: Did you buy the lambo to match your phone, or your phone to match the lambo? Idiot, hang up and act less like a 16 yr old girl.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

kgcayenne wrote:So, dude in the white lambo crossing the bridge today into town: Did you buy the lambo to match your phone, or your phone to match the lambo? Idiot, hang up and act less like a 16 yr old girl.

If he can afford the car he can afford a hands free system of some kind! I have a VW and it's built in and works well.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

kgcayenne wrote:So, dude in the white lambo crossing the bridge today into town: Did you buy the lambo to match your phone, or your phone to match the lambo? Idiot, hang up and act less like a 16 yr old girl.

Man child.

dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Bsuds wrote:
If he can afford the car he can afford a hands free system of some kind! I have a VW and it's built in and works well.

Or if he can afford the car he can afford the fine and the extra insurance cost
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

dodgerdodge wrote:
Or if he can afford the car he can afford the fine and the extra insurance cost

So spend $50 on a hands free or even go crazy and spend $200. Still way cheaper, but these SF-Brains won't bother.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Today's rear-ender between Hudson and Boucherie: I can't say I'm surprised after having had that white SUV riding my back bumper and many others quite often. Won't do that again.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

kgcayenne wrote:Today's rear-ender between Hudson and Boucherie: I can't say I'm surprised after having had that white SUV riding my back bumper and many others quite often. Won't do that again.

White Escalade? Not sure if it's the same guy but was going to post about him anyway. This particular guy is a exit hopper who took exit after bridge during rush hour only to rip down the other side of ramp, went to the very end of the merge lane and jammed his nose between two cars that were coming to a stop. Sadly that's not the worst part. The elderly woman who he cut in front of didn't react quickly enough to his liking so he launched into a tirade stopping traffic while he leaned out his window and screamed profanities at her. I happened to be in the left lane and couldn't get over this clown who had his wife, and it appeared his kids in the back seat. We stopped side by side at the next light so I didnt have to wait to post on-line to call this guy an idiot, rolled down my window and said it to his face. He was one of these guido's who's short stubby arm was in full flex holding onto the wheel like he's about to be launched in a rocket. He got quite angry with me after I told him what I thought and launched into a similar tirade at me. His wife looked across his lap at me and so I asked her with a smile "what's he compensating for?" Had to laugh because she smirked and even he had to smile. Always good to see when it hits people and they finally realize they're being a complete idiot.
Last edited by Poindexter on Sep 26th, 2016, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

No, it was a smaller SUV; I don't want to give out too many details.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

kgcayenne wrote:No, it was a smaller SUV; I don't want to give out too many details.

Call it in.

kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I didn't need to call it in. Emergency crews were just arriving to the crash as I passed it.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

To all the people out there who ride their scooters (the 4 wheeled ones) in the bike lane and not on the sidewalk where they are supposed to be...yer idiots!
A double "yer an idiot" to the one sitting in the middle of Richter St reading a book.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

kgcayenne wrote:I didn't need to call it in. Emergency crews were just arriving to the crash as I passed it.

I mean call in the bad driving with date, time, location, vehicle, plate, and details.

Idiot of the day was riding his bicycle the wrong way down a bike lane facing cars that were doing 55-65. Genius.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”