Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by Takin it easy ! »

Came across another mensa member yesterday went to the gas station to fill up there's a guy standing there with the gas nozzle in his car but not pumping gas in instead he is standing there yapping away on his phone oblivious to me waiting to gas up my car cell phones really do diminish brain function for some !
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Takin it easy ! wrote:Came across another mensa member yesterday went to the gas station to fill up there's a guy standing there with the gas nozzle in his car but not pumping gas in instead he is standing there yapping away on his phone oblivious to me waiting to gas up my car cell phones really do diminish brain function for some !

It is very dangerous to use your cell while pumping gas. Actually you are not allowed. I definitely would have said something to that person or to the gas attendant.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Takin it easy !
Übergod

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:
Takin it easy ! wrote:Came across another mensa member yesterday went to the gas station to fill up there's a guy standing there with the gas nozzle in his car but not pumping gas in instead he is standing there yapping away on his phone oblivious to me waiting to gas up my car cell phones really do diminish brain function for some !

It is very dangerous to use your cell while pumping gas. Actually you are not allowed. I definitely would have said something to that person or to the gas attendant.
Yep I know but do you really think it would stop him from doing it again ? I dont think so because the entitlement factor with these cell abusers is amazing !
ixler8
Board Meister

Post by ixler8 »

Mensa ? with grammar and punctuation like that .
Don't worry ,about a thing.
cause, every little thing is gonna be alright.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Ixler my grammar and punctuation mean nothing here.......... Are you perhaps one of these thoughtless abusers ?
Scadam
Übergod

Post by Scadam »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:It is very dangerous to use your cell while pumping gas. Actually you are not allowed. I definitely would have said something to that person or to the gas attendant.

That actually isn't true any more, if it ever was. It went through the new cycle a few years ago that nobody really knew where the idea had come from. The only risk is apaprently going in and out of your vehicle to retrieve the phone (static), but not the operation of a phone. I've noticed the gas stations I've been at recently had the cellphone related warnings removed.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Scadam wrote:
That actually isn't true any more, if it ever was. It went through the new cycle a few years ago that nobody really knew where the idea had come from. The only risk is apaprently going in and out of your vehicle to retrieve the phone (static), but not the operation of a phone. I've noticed the gas stations I've been at recently had the cellphone related warnings removed.

No sense correcting all the messsaa menburs here. PS , ii'm just kidding around with the comment.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

If it's dusk, and you are riding the wrong way up the sidewalk (without lighting or a helmet), DO NOT expect a driver to get out of your way by RUNNING OVER the cyclist in the bike lane obeying the law complete with helmet and lighting; that car was waiting there for traffic to clear long before you pedalled your butt up to it. Most importantly, if you work in a store where people spend thousands of dollars every year, don't be seen cussing anyone out in public.

Idiot.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

To the Asshat in the Acura who passed me on the right, in an intersection with only 1 lane (Mine). Then you drove all tha way from KLO to Hwy 97 while talking on the phone, most of the time with your wheels over the centre line and tailgating the truck and trailer in front of you.....You Sir are an Idiot in the 1st degree!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Two more idiots...#1 to the girl who I almost T boned yesterday cause she pulled out of Mission park Mall right across 2 lanes directly in front of me.
# 2 the driver of an electrical company vehicle talking on your phone while driving.
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

I wonder if someone actually ever recognized himself / herself reading this thread :dyinglaughing:
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

French Castanut wrote:I wonder if someone actually ever recognized himself / herself reading this thread :dyinglaughing:

Well we all do stupid things on occasion, so ya probably!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

French Castanut wrote:I wonder if someone actually ever recognized himself / herself reading this thread :dyinglaughing:

Bsuds wrote:Well we all do stupid things on occasion, so ya probably!

Yep, but I have my doubts anyone will admit it was them.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Even if They dont some might recognise their own similar stupid acts and maybe they will smarten up knowing people are watching them and calling out people for things done stupidly, specially "cell phone driving nut cases" and "make up in the rear view mirror queens"
Its time people know they are not alone on the road to do what they like,,, its for getting from one place to another without hurting anyone.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Roadster wrote:

Even if They dont some might recognise their own similar stupid acts and maybe they will smarten up knowing people are watching them and calling out people for things done stupidly, specially "cell phone driving nut cases" and "make up in the rear view mirror queens"
Its time people know they are not alone on the road to do what they like,,, its for getting from one place to another without hurting anyone.

They wont smarten up because they are idiots. That's why they do what they do in the first place. They don't care what other people think. Near accidents or accidents might help them smarten up .... maybe ....
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”