Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
lightspeed
Guru

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by lightspeed »

Bsuds wrote:
lightspeed wrote:"Black van" wine tour company driver today. Couldn't stay in their lane. Drifted left at every corner. Braked hard for every turn.

Brutal, inconsistent, stop/go, inconsistent terrible driving.

Probably the same one I saw on his phone awhile back.

Could be evil? Not saintly.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Lady follows a dump truck and trailer slowly turning right onto Harvey. She's about 2' behind it.

I've already moved over into the left lane to let the dump truck make the turn.

You know what's coming....

Yep, without even looking she just lurches over into the left lane, no signal.

Good thing I'd already slowed down because I could predict this idiotic gong show. Some people just seem to "drive blind".

lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Lower Mission princess in your white X5.

I hate having people like you behind me in traffic. Every red light you'd stop, grab your pink cellphone and do the silly thing of talking into it and yapping excitedly like a 17 year old. Then miss the light changing to green and hold up traffic.

Grow up. Put the pink cellphone away.

dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

I really don't care if people speed, just don't side-swipe me 'cause you can't keep it in your lane !

Don't block my way when you crash !

Yer Idiots.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Coming down Benvoulin today (southbound) there's a Budget rental Ford Explorer doing the usual back and forth between the inside and outside lanes to get a car or two ahead. Classic move right before KLO they cut back in front of me to go thru KLO after they were well into the right-turn only potion of their lane.

After KLO they drift over into the outside lane again (by the liquor store) to try again to get ahead, only to see that land ends. So again, no signal they cut back in front of me. We proceed through the two roundabouts, this guy coming to a near stop entering and traveling within the things. Never once a signal to exit. We proceed down Dehart coming up to the lights at Gordon. He's almost fully in the outside lane which turns onto Gordon. Nope, drifts way back left almost side swiping me in the left turn lane before centering himself in the thru lane.

I look over and buddy is in a full on phone conversation. Not even that half assed "phone on speaker in the non dominant hand" bullchit but cell right up to his ear like it's his god given right.

Fool.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Always Sunny wrote:Coming down Benvoulin today (southbound) there's a Budget rental Ford Explorer doing the usual back and forth between the inside and outside lanes to get a car or two ahead. Classic move right before KLO they cut back in front of me to go thru KLO after they were well into the right-turn only potion of their lane.

After KLO they drift over into the outside lane again (by the liquor store) to try again to get ahead, only to see that land ends. So again, no signal they cut back in front of me. We proceed through the two roundabouts, this guy coming to a near stop entering and traveling within the things. Never once a signal to exit. We proceed down Dehart coming up to the lights at Gordon. He's almost fully in the outside lane which turns onto Gordon. Nope, drifts way back left almost side swiping me in the left turn lane before centering himself in the thru lane.

I look over and buddy is in a full on phone conversation. Not even that half assed "phone on speaker in the non dominant hand" bullchit but cell right up to his ear like it's his god given right.

Fool.

Obviously this was someone from out of town, possibly a tourist. No doubt he was looking for a local winery and was probably on the phone all the way with the winery following their directions...........you have to cut these people some slack since we need the tourist money..........at all costs to the rest of us.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

lesliepaul wrote:
Always Sunny wrote:Coming down Benvoulin today (southbound) there's a Budget rental Ford Explorer doing the usual back and forth between the inside and outside lanes to get a car or two ahead. Classic move right before KLO they cut back in front of me to go thru KLO after they were well into the right-turn only potion of their lane.

Fool.

Obviously this was someone from out of town, possibly a tourist. No doubt he was looking for a local winery and was probably on the phone all the way with the winery following their directions...........you have to cut these people some slack since we need the tourist money..........at all costs to the rest of us.

I don't think it is that obvious. It could also have been a local needing to get to ICBC to argue their claim driving their rental as their car is in the body shop :biggrin:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Fool.

I absolutely detest these people.

dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

White SUV heading over bridge in busy traffic, realtors name spread all over the back, tapping away on her phone screen on and off all the way across. Hey guess what Ms Wolf realtors aren't exempt from cell phone restrictions you know.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Black beater pickup kid plate KN918* driving & texting away on your cellphone at the scene of an accident.

Pretty dumb. Buy a $5 hands free kit. Then call mommy.

dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Red light cheaters day today. First one was small white car with name of residential cleaning company on window waiting to turn left off highway at Boucherie. Its 2 left lanes controlled by lights and always has been yet she thought the red light didn't apply and turned when through traffic was clear.
Second a while later going over bridge in left lane was buddy with his blonde hair and white glasses driving a Yukon towing a boat, he arrives at the left turn lights for downtown, ignores the fact they are red and slows slightly to allow vehicle coming from Kelowna to go through then turns like the lights just weren't there.
What is wrong with people, its RED, it means STOP!!!!
Blazer63

Post by Blazer63 »

Bsuds wrote:The idiot in the white ford sedan that passed me on Benvoulin today doing at least 30k over the limit would have many paint markings on hit trunk!

Use Galahger idiot arrows with flags that say I'm an idiot on them , police see that you have more than three and they give you a ticket for being an IDIOT.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

It's a shame the fines are not higher then they are, only way idiots learn is via their bank balance.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... d-in-blitz

RCMP need to do more blitzes
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
spooker

Post by spooker »

GordonH wrote:It's a shame the fines are not higher then they are, only way idiots learn is via their bank balance.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... d-in-blitz

RCMP need to do more blitzes

13 out of 50 speeding were "excessive" ... have to pick up my jaw from the floor now ... I like to think people aren't driving that crazy ... and then I read this
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

"The 13 leadfoots "had their vehicles towed from the roadway and impounded due to the excessive speeds,” said Const. Chris Neid. “The top speed we detected was a dangerous 151 km/h within a posted 90 km/h zone."

The driver of that vehicle was a Class 7 new driver, had an expired driver's licence, and had been flagged by the Motor Vehicle Branch for a three-month suspension."

WOW ! ! That is crazy, but, we do see so many of the young drivers that are driving unsafely and it is scary. Good for the officers that are doing the blitz to catch speeders and distracted drivers. Toooooo many of them on the road, and hopefully some will learn their lesson and SLOW down and put their darn phones down, or take their dogs off their laps. See a lot of them out here in LC, and it is usually the same drivers doing the same things every day. Way to go, Officers. Keep up the good work.

Another great thing is the divider they put in along Duck Lake to the Airport. See a lot of scrape marks along the dividers, but no lives lost because of serious accidents.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”