Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by LTD »

so youre the community police? you have no right to be banging on mine or anyone elses vehicle and if you choose to do so you should expect an unkind response or YOU may end up getting touched or worse
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

damama55 wrote:I think that story was even on the news. LOL
The thing is, the guy that was a jerk to me, was ticking a lot of folks off, but, he was too busy texting or whatever on his phone, and, oblivious to the problems folks were having with getting by him. But, as some folks have said, it could have turned out badly. Thank Heaven I had a few good strong guys come out with me. This is not Ontario, or the States, this is the friendly Okanagan. Right?? Right. At least, for most folks.
An officer I spoke to, wondered if this guy beat his girlfriend/wife, with an anger problem like he seems to have, and to get that angry over something so trivial as me knocking on his window to try and get him to move.
Oh, well, thank God I didn't have to go home and make him supper or whatever. LOL

You think only Ontario has idiot drivers? The Okanagan has their fair share. And why would you involve the police if the guy had driven off when his girlfriend came out of the store? Not a lot the police can/could do, especially when they are only getting one side of the story.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
spooker

Post by spooker »

LTD wrote:so youre the community police? you have no right to be banging on mine or anyone elses vehicle and if you choose to do so you should expect an unkind response or YOU may end up getting touched or worse

We seem to have forgotten that real life has real responses ... not everything is virtual and if someone is being a dork by placing their vehicle in the wrong spot and disrupting traffic then getting their attention by knocking on the window might be perfectly reasonable ... we live in real life, we have to expect real life to slap us around at times when we're being idiots ...
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

yes tapping on someones window to get their attention is acceptable but in the ops own words "i knocked hard on the rear of his window" what kind of response did you expect, just because youre 70 plus years old doesn't give you the right to act like a dick simply getting the guys attention and informing him people cant get past is all that was required. Assault my vehicle in such a fashion is going to bring forth a response you most definitely will not appreciate, some people just feel its ok to stick their nose where it doesn't belong and then complain when the end of their nose gets bit. Just a thought if youre not prepared to have insults hurled in your direction mind your own f****n business.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

What is it with drivers who think it is ok to park in the fire lane at the Stupid Store while they wait for their gofer to pick up their crap for them? I see it virtually every time I am there, sometimes 2 parkers, along the roadway marked "no parking" and "fire lane". You can't get your buggy down the sidewalk drop because of these dolts, it makes it more difficult to drive through and severely restricts sight distances.
Too lazy to drive around and find a spot, the rules don't apply to them, idiots.
Waste not
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

To the driver in the dark truck with a canopy in the Winners parking lot. Slow Down! You came close to hitting us!

Yer an idiot!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

Grandan wrote:What is it with drivers who think it is ok to park in the fire lane at the Stupid Store while they wait for their gofer to pick up their crap for them? I see it virtually every time I am there, sometimes 2 parkers, along the roadway marked "no parking" and "fire lane". You can't get your buggy down the sidewalk drop because of these dolts, it makes it more difficult to drive through and severely restricts sight distances.
Too lazy to drive around and find a spot, the rules don't apply to them, idiots.

Reminds me of this. Imagine it with shopping carts!

dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Grandan wrote:What is it with drivers who think it is ok to park in the fire lane at the Stupid Store while they wait for their gofer to pick up their crap for them? I see it virtually every time I am there, sometimes 2 parkers, along the roadway marked "no parking" and "fire lane". You can't get your buggy down the sidewalk drop because of these dolts, it makes it more difficult to drive through and severely restricts sight distances.

Yes and same in Mission parking lot where Urban Fare is. I constantly see people illegally parked in fire lane or the yellow zig zag "no parking" area in front of the liquor store and Pharmasave. 2 idiots today both in yellow no parking area, one went in liquor store and the other 2 were sat in vehicle sticking stamps on envelopes ready for posting. Then as i walk back i notice guy running to his nice shiny Laramie parked in the closest space to Urban Fare, a freaking disabled badge holder space!!!!

Second rant.... please please if you don't understand roundabout etiquette go away and read up before you cause an accident. You DO NOT indicate right as you enter the roundabout if you are going around (slaps head) people like me waiting to enter think you are taking first exit and may pull out in front of you. I have lost count at how many times i see this.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

dodgerdodge wrote:................
Second rant.... please please if you don't understand roundabout etiquette go away and read up before you cause an accident. You DO NOT indicate right as you enter the roundabout if you are going around (slaps head) people like me waiting to enter think you are taking first exit and may pull out in front of you. I have lost count at how many times i see this.

Same thing goes for signalling right to turn into a driveway that is after an intersection. Some signal "nice and early" thus indicating they are going to turn right at the intersection, when actually are not.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Some never signal!
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Bsuds wrote:Some never signal!

I question your use of the word "some". Perhaps "many" ? You're quite correct.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Bsuds wrote:Some never signal!
my5cents wrote:
I question your use of the word "some". Perhaps "many" ? You're quite correct.

My understanding is there is a World shortage of Blinker Fluid.

Car Manufacturers just can't get it anymore so have discontinued the option on some models. BMW has cancelled it across their complete line up for 2018 and beyond.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

As well as muffler bearings
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

With so many cars on our roads today driver training should be mandatory with no exceptions. Driving schools should hire only professional teachers & pay them well. Maybe this is where ICBC should become active ? Accidents cost huge dollars that could be saved thru driving skills. Learning to signal, using a traffic circle & turning into the correct lane seems a thing of the past ? But with no enforcement who cares ?
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

one wheel wrote:With so many cars on our roads today driver training should be mandatory with no exceptions. Driving schools should hire only professional teachers & pay them well. Maybe this is where ICBC should become active ? Accidents cost huge dollars that could be saved thru driving skills. Learning to signal, using a traffic circle & turning into the correct lane seems a thing of the past ? But with no enforcement who cares ?

Yes and lets not forget those that got their licence long before we had roundabouts and any other changes that have taken place over the years. We need education for older drivers as well as those just starting out. Maybe some large billboards could be put to better use with up to date road sense information instead of another photo opportunity for some realtor.
I also think we need clearer larger signage for school zones or even flashing signs because i see so many school zone speeders and to be honest it's sometimes easy to miss the sign.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”