Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
spooker

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by spooker »

dodgerdodge wrote:Yes and lets not forget those that got their licence long before we had roundabouts and any other changes that have taken place over the years. We need education for older drivers as well as those just starting out. Maybe some large billboards could be put to better use with up to date road sense information instead of another photo opportunity for some realtor.
I also think we need clearer larger signage for school zones or even flashing signs because i see so many school zone speeders and to be honest it's sometimes easy to miss the sign.

Continuing education is something that we need as mandatory. As for more signage, if we have to more signs that means we aren't designing things correctly, this is something I learned from a Safe Systems workshop I attended last year.

https://roadsafety.piarc.org/en/road-safety-management-safe-system-approach/safe-system-principles
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I swear a large percentage of drivers got there D/L out of a cracker jack box. Wow
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

GordonH wrote:I swear a large percentage of drivers got there D/L out of a cracker jack box. Wow

Absolute cracker the other day. I was third in line for turning left at the Butt Road traffic lights heading to Canadian Tire. We sit whilst light is red then we get the green turn arrow but car in front doesn't move so guy behind him starts waving his arms about like this is going to have any effect so i blast the horn but too late the light turns red and the through green comes on. Now the total idiot in front makes his turn!!!! nearly getting t boned by the vehicles legitimately moving forward on the green. But we aren't finished yet, now the guy in front of me moves right into the intersection to make his turn completely oblivious to the red light and then turns when there is a short gap in traffic.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

To the driver of the little blue car. Not only did you blow through the stop sign but you made your left turn on the wrong side of the road! You never even looked to your right where I was coming from....Idiot!!!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

To the guy in the jacked up Ram, if you're unable see vehicles beside you because of the 'compensation' modification you've done to your truck, then perhaps you need a smaller vehicle or a booster seat. Almost got run off the road after a truck with a lift kit blindly changed into my lane after we pulled away from a light. Semi's with a similar blind spot have specific mirrors to see vehicles beside the passenger door of their truck, personally I think they should also be a safety requirement for vehicles with lift kits over a certain height.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Poindexter wrote: I think they should also be a safety requirement for vehicles with lift kits over a certain height.

Better still they should not be considered road safe and banned from public roads.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Heading up Union towards Wilden yesterday about 5 PM and there is a flat black, jacked up Ford or Dodge behind me that had his "fog" lamps on along with the DRL's. Since this did not provide enough daytime illumination this moron added a 20 inch LED light bar just above the bumper and below the grill. I have never seen anything this bright and this was hitting me through my rearview mirror. Driving towards this would be blinding (remember, this is in the daytime). Took a drive in the evening to see if this truck was around and found it.............Alberta plate! Not sure if the driver was wearing a white tank top and white sunglasses but wouldn't surprise me. This light bar had at least 20 to 30 bulbs in it.
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

To the imbecile driving the blue grey GMC/Chev pickup truck heading north between Lake Country and Vernon yesterday:
You tailgated and honked your horn in a fit of road rage as the car ahead of you slowed down, obeying the posted signage for the upcoming construction zone. You continued your foolish antics as right lane ended, and everyone gathered into the left lane. When the right lane reopened, you swerved aggressively around the car ahead and sped through the remainder of the construction zone like the idiot you are.

Idiot.
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

The idiots were everywhere yesterday...

To the entitled moron in the Superstore parking lot (Vernon) around noon. You parked your car right in the middle of the aisle, boxing in 3 cars, blocking the exit and forcing anyone who wanted to come or go to squeeze around you. There were dozens of empty spots nearby. In fact there was a space within 6 feet of where you were parked. But no. You're too important (lazy) to pull into a parking space. Yer an Idiot.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

This morning, there was a guy on a Harley who, at the Boucherie light, reached back and pulled a little cozy over his licence plate before embarking on a series of unsafe lane changes and using the bicycle lane to skip ahead of traffic. He was wearing one of those silly little glans helmets.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Today some motorist drives through the fire line tape then over fire hose, severing it and cutting water supply to a blaze in East Vancouver, both illegal and dangerous.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

kgcayenne wrote:This morning, there was a guy on a Harley who, at the Boucherie light, reached back and pulled a little cozy over his licence plate before embarking on a series of unsafe lane changes and using the bicycle lane to skip ahead of traffic. He was wearing one of those silly little glans helmets.

What a d***.
I am... the law!
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

Yesterday, some young lady figured it would be appropriate to text, tailgate, go significantly faster than the posted speed limit, and pass me over a double yellow line, all while looking at me as if I was to blame.

Turn in your license, before you kill some children or the elderly.
I am... the law!
spooker

Post by spooker »

Had to take my truck into the shop this morning so I drove my daughter to school.

Lady in a small maroon SUV got behind me, stayed behind until I got to Gordon where I moved into the outside lane, then she sped around me then turned onto the same road as I was going. Then sped through the school zone before turning into the school parking lot to drop off her son. I kept my mouth shut. But I understand why you wouldn't want your child to walk/bike/scoot to school if the way you drive is the way you think everyone drives.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

spooker wrote:Had to take my truck into the shop this morning so I drove my daughter to school.

Lady in a small maroon SUV got behind me, stayed behind until I got to Gordon where I moved into the outside lane, then she sped around me then turned onto the same road as I was going. Then sped through the school zone before turning into the school parking lot to drop off her son. I kept my mouth shut. But I understand why you wouldn't want your child to walk/bike/scoot to school if the way you drive is the way you think everyone drives.

I live very close to an elementary school so I'm well aware of the "rules" as they apply to school zones. Speed limits apply to those who are NOT dropping children off. If you are dropping off students you are exempt from all traffics laws that apply in and around schools zones. Double parking, U-Turns, Following Too Close, Speeding.....

You should try to keep up with the rules of the road :biggrin:
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”