Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by dirtybiker »

To a great number of people I see with unmaintained vehicles,
I really wish they would just pony up and at the very least,
get an 'Engine Oil Bypass Line" installed.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bsuds wrote:An unfortunate side effect of the newer cars and the dash being illuminated all the time is people aren't aware when their headlights are not on. Another reason it should be automatic.

Mine are set for automatic, but I have the option of over-riding them. My issue is that the sensor takes 13.8 seconds to adjust to daylight after I back out of my garage. This is also relevant when the B/U camera is dimly lit and forces me to shoulder check and look at both side mirrors before exiting the garage.
Bring back the LIKE button.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

This mornings laugh a minute was heading down Horizon in his/her range rover evoke (i think it is called that) at speeds almost approaching 25 km/hr with brake lights coming on and off every few seconds and almost stopping at the bends. This vehicle clearly still had its summer tires on the huge fancy rims and the driver either had zero control or zero confidence, either way just why are you still driving on your summers, particularly when you live up a large hill on the Westside which is always a challenge in winter snow season.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

dodgerdodge wrote:This mornings laugh a minute was heading down Horizon in his/her range rover evoke (i think it is called that) at speeds almost approaching 25 km/hr with brake lights coming on and off every few seconds and almost stopping at the bends. This vehicle clearly still had its summer tires on the huge fancy rims and the driver either had zero control or zero confidence, either way just why are you still driving on your summers, particularly when you live up a large hill on the Westside which is always a challenge in winter snow season.

Could also manually control the gears to save on brake wear and get improved traction, but hell why not just smoke your brakes all the way down a hill and run sketchy summers.

Genius: can afford the lease payments for an Evoke. Can't afford $2k for some winter tires. Can drive a top of the range SUV like a little old lady.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

To the gal in the little POS grey/silver sedan, speeding, both hands up
by your head, changing your glasses or fluffing your hair.
When you hit the slush by the centre line and lost control
sliding and spinning, just narrowly missing an oncoming ME !
Good thing I am who I am and managed to not make contact.
Also a good thing there was no one coming along close behind me.

It would have been very bad !

Grab a :cuss: 'n brain you stupid :cuss: !

Yer all kinds of IDIOT ! :swear:

Glenmore, just North of the Mckinnley turn off....
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

dirtybiker wrote:To the gal in the little *bleep* grey/silver sedan, speeding, both hands up
by your head, changing your glasses or fluffing your hair.
When you hit the slush by the centre line and lost control
sliding and spinning, just narrowly missing an oncoming ME !
Good thing I am who I am and managed to not make contact.
Also a good thing there was no one coming along close behind me.

It would have been very bad !

Grab a :cuss: 'n brain you stupid :cuss: !

Yer all kinds of IDIOT ! :swear:

Glenmore, just North of the Mckinnley turn off....

Another genius who should just turn in her driving licence.

Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

To the guy in the Dodge Ram that decided to brake check me on the TransCanada today, yer an idiot!

Roads were horribly icy in many areas between Salmon Arm and Kamloops this afternoon.

There were about a half dozen vehicles both in front and behind me. There are several sections with no passing, and even with the passing areas the inside lane was poorly maintained. So I kept my position behind a couple of others (a big truck and a smaller CN one) maintaining their speed, which given the conditions was below the limit.

The Ram had been right on my a** for about 30km. Don’t ask me why someone with 4wd insists on tailing my small sedan, but sure. As we come to another passing area a few vehicles behind him pulled out to pass. At the same time the vehicles in front of me start slowing, which I see is for a plow on the shoulder sticking out a bit into the roadway. So as I also slow to pass this plow, finally the Ram driver decides to pass me. But instead of passing me and the few trucks I’m following, this guy decides to cut in between me and the truck in front of me, slams on his brakes, and throw the bird at me. After I returned the gesture (because I’m also mature) he peels back out to finish passing.

Excuse you. Are all of those vehicles in front of me invisible??? Did you not see the plow we were slowing for? If you’re such an impatient little *bleep* why did you wait so damn long to pass? You mad bro because I/we made you slow down and you were following me way to closely in the first damn place?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

That sounds frightening as hell. Glad you made out if it ok.

Sooner or later that jacka s s will be called to account.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

It's only a matter of time before clowns driving like that cause an accident.

damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Just hope they don't take another driver with them when they do. Just because they are driving a truck, 4X4, or whatever, doesn't mean they won't slide into the ditch or spin out of control and Heaven knows what kind of mayhem they might leave in their wake. Just hope sensible drivers keep a watch out for the ones that aren't sensible or safe drivers.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
spooker

Post by spooker »

To the lady behind the wheel of the SUV that came within a couple of feet of hitting me this morning at Ethel & Cawston ... please look both ways before rolling through a stop sign, you happened to pick the wrong direction ... I knew you were going slowly but if I had to slam on the brakes it might've put me under your wheels since you probably couldn't see anything over that monster hood ... (hoping I didn't have anything stuck in my teeth as I smiled and said 'hello' from directly in front of you)
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

To all those drivers I watch earlier today slip sliding around, maybe you should think about actually winter tires as a wise safety purchase.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

GordonH wrote:To all those drivers I watch earlier today slip sliding around, maybe you should think about actually winter tires as a wise safety purchase.

Why? You maybe prepared for your own driving, but then the ratio of your chances of being hit by someone who is not go through the roof. The only benefit to that is that you will be the victim and will increase your ICBC settlement.
Bring back the LIKE button.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:To all those drivers I watch earlier today slip sliding around, maybe you should think about actually winter tires as a wise safety purchase.

alanjh595 wrote:Why? You maybe prepared for your own driving, but then the ratio of your chances of being hit by someone who is not go through the roof. The only benefit to that is that you will be the victim and will increase your ICBC settlement.

Sorry but :135:

I was not slip sliding around this morning because I do have winter tires on my vehicle, not 3 season tires.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

I'm still using my summer slicks. So now when some other idiot runs into me, I immediately & easily slide away, thus minimizing injury & damage.

:up:

I had a nice chuckle today when I drove into town. There were a number of vehicles which couldn't even make it up hwy 33 to Springfield Rd. because they were just spinning in place. Also a couple of unplanned lane changes and power-slides on the slope between Rutland Rd. & Hollywood. And OFC the usual pileup at the bend at the bottom of the hill on Springfield. I mean, there was nothing good on TV so a drive into town on a day like this was the right choice for entertainment, for me. [icon_lol2.gif]
Your bias suits you.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”