Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by kgcayenne »

Everybody who uses the bicycle lane at Springfield/Gordon as a right turn lane. That solid line means it's not a lane that is available to you, dammit.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

kgcayenne wrote:Everybody who uses the bicycle lane at Springfield/Gordon as a right turn lane. That solid line means it's not a lane that is available to you, dammit.

Same by the costco ziprick and 33 one. I dont know how many times I see someone almost pass me or somebody on the rt there.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Scadam
Übergod

Post by Scadam »

Hmmm wrote:Same by the costco ziprick and 33 one. I dont know how many times I see someone almost pass me or somebody on the rt there.

Same for me, just yesterday I left Costco onto Ziprick and some fool in a jacked up black truck pulled up behind me and started swerving right like he was going to get a jump on the "right turn lane" - there were quite a few cars in front so we weren't even in normal signal range for a turn. I had to signal right and edge over before he backed off, but *bleep* did he think would happen - it's a right-turn only street and there is no extra lane. Did he really need an early signal to figure out we were all turning right at the same place... The idiot sat squarely in the bike lane the rest of the way.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

You just reminded me of some idiot on Harvey a couple of weeks ago in a jacked up black truck. He actually did go 1/2 up on the sidewalk past 2 cars and around the corner in the sidewalk on a right turn. The cars were waiting for traffic to clear the intersection so they could turn also. He just forced his way in.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Smurf wrote:You just reminded me of some idiot on Harvey a couple of weeks ago in a jacked up black truck. He actually did go 1/2 up on the sidewalk past 2 cars and around the corner in the sidewalk on a right turn. The cars were waiting for traffic to clear the intersection so they could turn also. He just forced his way in.

I see so many people do that. Some day something is gonna happen and the fool is gonna wonder why.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Bleach
Fledgling

Post by Bleach »

This reminds me. Pro-tip When it raining the roads are a bit slippery, as you found out in your Ford explorer going from a stop taking a left turn on HWY 33 (in the shoppers in rutland.), outright MASHING your gas peddle only serves too inform everyone your an idiot.

How in heck did you not hit anyone, or the curb is beyond me, with the way you where fish tailing/swerving. Good luck to you, you're going to need it one day...soon.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

When you dart out from a back alley to jaywalk while being only a few steps away from a crosswalk, don’t give cars dirty looks when they have to abruptly stop after making their turn--- you, Sir, are an idiot, stop acting like a spoiled little girl.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Returning from Vancouver last night a blue Toyota (from California) rode the inside lane from at least Abbotford, all the way to the left turn lights as Merritt.

It was hard to understand why he felt the need to occupy the inside/passing lane the entire time, while barely maintaining the speed limit. I'd set my cruise control to around 115km/h and remained in the outside lane, except to pass slow moving vehicles. California continued to lose ground, speed way the eff up, lose ground, speed up...obviously averaging 115km/h because we arrived at the left turn lights at Merritt within seconds of one another.

Him in the inside lane, me on the outside...this is a double left turn lane! California decides to make his left turn directly in between the two lanes. Thank god I trusted my gut and slowed my turn because he would have smashed directly into the side of my car. He finally decides to mostly occupy the outside lane (for the first time in a 100km), while still being over the centre line. I pull inside to pass and he's staring at his effing phone!

IDIOT.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

To the guy driving the white 4-door sedan on Rutland Rd. just before 5pm. You decided to swerve into the right-hand lane and totally cut off and hit a motorcycle. You're a complete and utter idiot. Next time do a shoulder check. The accident could have been a lot worse, but at least the rider got to (almost) walk way from it.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Way too many!!!

blind, deaf, stupid, inept, uncoordinated, erratic and downright suicidal/homocidal maniacs!
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Agreed but they are all the ones that understand the speedlimits are too slow, lights are meant to run and there is no need to leave a safe distance between you and the vehicle ahead of you. They are way too important to have to drive properly.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

The speed limits are too slow in a lot of cases, though. I've lost count of how many times I've gone though a speed trap going ~5-15km over the limit & not gotten a ticket, so even the police understand that. Lights shouldn't be run & safe distances should be kept, however. Those people are idiots.
Your bias suits you.
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

To the guy who couldn't stand doing the speed limit plus 10 on Glenmore Road this morning and kept tailgating and aggressively changing lanes in an attempt to intimidate the drivers in front of you into letting you by...so sorry about driving side by side with the van doing 10 above the speed limit and effectively blocking your attempt.

I guess I'm an idiot :12077:
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

To the woman driving the blue mini van in the Rutland Rd area at 11:50 this morning.

You're lucky I was only traveling 30km/h (oh, by the way...this is a SCHOOL ZONE) because somehow you felt that it was safe to make a left hand turn in front of me, within this school zone, with a cell phone plastered to your ear!

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Just when you think you've seen it all, along comes another driver to show just how stupid they can be.
I was approaching Burtch on Harvey in middle lane and suddenly noticed a Volvo SUV in the inside lane about 50 ft from the intersection indicating she wanted to move into middle lane, she had stopped dead and was trying to cross over the solid line which in itself is an offence. I couldn't move over at the time and as i passed i saw she was elderly. Well as i carried on and looked in my mirror when she did move over she then continued in the middle lane all the way to Pandosy. Clearly she thought that she could not be in the HOV lane on her own so just sat until she could move over.
She needs to re read the rule book. She had every right to be in the lane for the next block but she didn't have the right to almost cause an accident and cross a solid line.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”