Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
Pookybear
Übergod

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by Pookybear »

momtobanjo wrote:To the two *bleep* on Byland Rd by the Pepper Pot Grill, who decided it was ok to pass on the left when there is a solid yellow line . Granted things were moving a bit slow due to the excavator in front of me , but I had my left turn signal on and you idiots chose to just ignore it and pass anyway . What makes you so special that you think you are above the law . IDIOTS !!

It is legal to pass on a solid yellow. Maybe learn the rules of the road before calling others idiots.
momtobanjo

Post by momtobanjo »

You are not allowed to pass when someone is front is indicating to turn left - you can pass with extreme caution - I would not call passing when someone is indicating to turn left is with extreme caution. In those circumstances it is NOT legal to pass.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

To all the idiots that drive up the off ramp and go straight back down the other side to avoid the line ups at the Boucherie/Horizon lights you are causing part of the problem, can you not understand that by driving off and pushing back in a few hundred meters further down is causing the traffic to stall and back up to make way for you as you are all so damn important and will, if necessary, drive up the curb to force your way into a non existent gap. If there wasn't a constant line of vehicles trying to merge traffic would flow more easily.

To the young woman driving the Dodge Caravan with 2 young babies strapped in car seats. You were not trying to push in, you maintained your position in the left lane perfectly but a massive FAIL goes out to you for playing with your phone. What the heck?
burner
Fledgling

Post by burner »

Yes that drives me nuts as well!!!! My question is, Who would design an overpass like that so people could do that , like the rest of the area , poorly planned and all their changes have turned that section of road into a large parking lot, traffic this summer has been really backed up!!!
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

burner wrote:Yes that drives me nuts as well!!!! My question is, Who would design an overpass like that so people could do that , like the rest of the area , poorly planned and all their changes have turned that section of road into a large parking lot, traffic this summer has been really backed up!!!

I call that highway surfing. I've done it in major cities where there are very long merge lanes and huge traffic jams. But really, I've only done it a couple of times many years ago. It is stupid. (it does get you through major traffic jams in half the time though). But I'm not promoting it.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

Black X6 with black rims,..ID10T
Every Relationship Is Give & Give
burner
Fledgling

Post by burner »

To the driver of the 2000's white GMC truck with a white canopy going north on hwy 97 at Hudson rd weaving side to side on the road doing 40 kph in the fast lane while trying to make a call on your cellphone, you are the reason our ICBC rates are going up, what an idiot!!!!
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

To the woman in the dark grey VW Jetta on Burtch Rd today at 12:50pm. That 'No Parking' sign is there to reinforce the bylaw that preserves the safety and visibility for people going in/out of that townhouse complex, is THAT why you parked 100% ON THE SIDEWALK?

Dumschit.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
neroas
Fledgling

Hey you, you in a hurry, distracted, inconsiderate driver

Post by neroas »

You do realise the precious seconds you save for yourself, the near misses and accidents you cause.... Chill the heck out, stop talking on your phone, texting etc. You are going to hurt yourself or someone else to get there 2 seconds faster, to answer that text ect ect. You need to stop being self centered and actually drive properly. Yes, I'm talking to you, STOP IT!
Kelowner
Fledgling

Re: Hey you, you in a hurry, distracted, inconsiderate drive

Post by Kelowner »

Oh, okay.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

To the Young person on Benvoulin and then KLO texting on your phone the whole time...yer an idiot
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Westbound side of Sutherland at Ethel today were two idiots:

1. The guy on the bike on the wrong side of the road turning left from Ethel to Sutherland.

2. The guy in the silver Dodge Ram using the bike lane as a right turn lane.

The guy on the bike would've lost had both not reacted quickly. BOTH were stupid for being where they shouldn't have been in the first place.

Will either one take a lesson from this? Probably not.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Okay, this is getting out of hand.

I don't have to much of a problem (Okay I do, no one would listen anyway) with drivers using back streets as a shortcut, just don't drive so damn fast... SLOW down. I consider anyone speeding on back streets a complete idiot.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Too many out there today to narrow it down to just one!

The 4 spandex brained idiots riding 2 abreast on Gordon...you sirs are definitely idiots!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I've been riding my bicycle quite a bit to work lately, and thus have been getting braver. In that one section where I have to ride down one of the busiest streets in Vernon, I decided to obey the law today, and stay off the sidewalk. I just about died of a heart attack when someone swerved into my lane, narrowly missing me head-on. I'm pretty sure that a bike loses in a head-on, but I don't ever want to find out.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”