Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by the truth »

whats up with hwy 97 today between 5-630pm what a fen gong show,waaay worse than most other days for some reason
Last edited by the truth on Jul 28th, 2015, 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

the truth wrote:what up with hwy 97 today between 5-630pm what a fen gong show,waaay worse than most other days for some reason

Full moon in a couple of days. The crazies are out early?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

The Okanagan at it's best. People come/live here for the fun and sun, but many forget to leave it behind when they are driving.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Am I remembering right that last weekend there were at least three single car accidents last week between Vernon and Kelowna during the daylight hours. All left the road, one a taxi I believe and caused traffic delays. Where do there idiots get their licences.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Of all the idiots, my personal favourite was the dimwit around 12:30pm today who was on Dilworth at Springfield when he pulled an illegal U-turn after the light had gone red and then needed to stop/back up to realign to himself thus preventing vehicles from successfully completing left turns from Springfield onto Dilworth (what advanced green?).

The most remarkable thing about this event: The vehicle had an auto body repair shop's decals plastered all over it. Business can't be that slow in this town, can it?
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

That would be a 'stay clear of me because I don't know how to drive' car.

Otherwise known as a courtesy car.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Last Friday, down by Dairy Queen on Gordon, a driver of SF Distributors truck on his phone, while making the turn!! Yer an idiot, guy. Tried to find the address and phone number of the company, but couldn't.
Today, Monday,1:15 PM, white Kia, 344 _ _ _, on your iphone. Yer an idiot, too.
Again today, Monday, 2:35, again on Harvey, Blue Dodge Dakota, _ _ _018, on your phone. Yer an idiot, too.
We definitely need to up the fines and get people to stay off their phones while driving, or even stopped at red lights.
There have been enough people maimed and killed because of that ALL IMPORTANT text message or phone call. Please, shut your phones off and just pay attention to driving and what is going on around you. The life you save, might be your own or one of your family members.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

To the older man in the silver Suzuki Vitara this morning driving from West K into town: if you had been riding my *bleep* any closer, I'd have slapped you and charged you with sexual harassment. And get off your fekkin phone, you idiot, you're not a 15 yr old girl.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i saw no less then 5 people texting and driving yesterday, yer all idiots
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Today i followed a bus down Stevens Rd through the industrial area in West Kelowna. It was out of service and had 2 people standing up wearing high visibility vests. I believe the driver was in training. Dear driver please forget about buses because you clearly shouldn't be driving anything let alone a vehicle designed to carry many passengers. You seemed to struggle to reach the 50km an hour limit on the road and when you got to the roundabout at Westlake you pulled out in front of another car who had to come to a complete stop in the roundabout to let you complete your turn. You then continued round until the 3rd exit and instead of indicating right when you turned you indicated left!!!!

Just editing this post today to include yet another total idiot who should not be driving anything bigger than a smart car. Again travelling along Stevens Rd towards the roundabout at Westlake, as i reach the roundabout i look left see its clear and enter and at same time indicate i am continuing around roundabout when a large semi approaching to my right just continues to drive straight out in front of me!!!! I had to slam on the brakes to avoid ramming the side of him and blasted my horn as i sat stationary in the roundabout waiting for him to complete his idiotic manoeuvre.
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by JonyDarko »

the truth wrote:i saw no less then 5 people texting and driving yesterday, yer all idiots

I will on a daily basis see that at one red light...
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Wed afternoon a little after 1pm, saw a guy driving a white van with ***** Pools & Spa logo, waiting on hwy 97 at the light at the south end of winfield use the window to flick out his sickarette.
I yelled at him "hey spa guy"
He rolled down his window, the rest of the way, to hear me (thought I was a customer???)
I yelled "use your ashtray *bleep*"
did not see his response as the light changed.
We're lost but we're making good time.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Cars and truck through Lake Country---just because you are outside of Kelowna, doesn't mean you should be using your cell phones while driving!!!! Man!! People just don't get it---STAY OFF YOUR FREAKING PHONES,PEOPLE!!!!
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Cell phone use, while driving, is made illegal, but just like many other regulations, no funds were committed to enforcing the new law.
We're lost but we're making good time.
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

You in the older, navy blue Mazda sedan who took at least 12 vehicles on your 50 kilometer an hour tour down Glenmore, all the way from Kelowna to Winfield on Sunday afternoon. You not only drove 30 km below the speed limit, you also added some excitement and kept us all guessing by peppering the drive with random breaking and slow drifts towards the centre line or shoulder. I especially enjoyed how you included some additional mystery to your route by not using your turning indicator as you made a hard left on Seaton Road only to swerve over onto the lawn.

You sir are AN IDIOT!

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”