Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by dodgerdodge »

lightspeed wrote:Today's idiot waited til noting was around before turning left at a no left turn intersection.

I think if i had a dollar for every time i witness this kind of "sign blindness" i would have.... well a lot of dollars anyways.
So so many people still ignoring the no right on red sign at KLO/Pandosy. Way too many people still ignoring the red left turn light at the advance green intersections. Yes we all know it used to be acceptable to turn across when through lights were green, we also know its a bit frustrating when the road ahead is clear and you are sat at the red BUT its a freaking red light, driving through it is a ticketable offence no question.
Now to another rant, if you didn't get the green turn arrow maybe its because you pulled up a full car length ahead of the stop line. Its a STOP line please try and stop behind it. :-X
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Global white service truck turning left onto 97 this morning heading north.

I wondered why you were lurching and having troubles shifting gear. The phone glued to your left was the giveaway clue. Moron.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Two instances today--one of an idiot coming off the road where Fabric land is and onto the highway in Westbank. I looked over and told him to 'GET OFF YOUR PHONE." He gave me a stupid look, like "Mind your own business." IDIOT ! !
Then, went to Superstore, and came out on Baron Rd. with lots of time. A young fellow almost climbed into my trunk! When he got the chance, he roared by me on Highway 33, zipped in and out of traffic, going too fast and too recklessly. Idiot was driving an Infinity,CR7--A, one of those kind with green paint that changes to a brownish color, depending on the light the color reflects. He headed up towards Black Mountain. You, young man, are going to cause a serious accident one day, because, YOU ARE NOT ON A RACE TRACK, you are driving in city traffic. Slow down, the life you save, might be your own. Both drivers?? Yer IDIOTS!!
See police out here in Lake Country gave out 100 tickets for speeding or distracted driving. We see them all the time out here. Heck, anywhere in Kelowna, Lake Country and Vernon. Good for the officers. I do think we need officers assigned to traffic, as other posters have said. Not enough officers, and too many law breakers, needless to say.
Last edited by damama55 on Feb 22nd, 2017, 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

From article today, over 50 motorists given distracted driving tickets in Lake country

http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/18 ... ts-7-hours
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

dodger dodge wrote:From article today, over 50 motorists given distracted driving tickets in Lake country

http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/18 ... ts-7-hours

It's a start, hell of a lot more idiots out there not using hands free.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

"Almost 100 tickets were handed out by police in just one day in Lake Country.

Kelowna Municipal Traffic Services handed out the violation tickets in a one-day blitz on Feb. 16.

"It is astonishing to see that, despite the public outcry and resulting increase in fines and points, so many motorists are still driving while distracted by electronic devices" Const. Steve Holmes said in a press release.

All of the tickets handed out were for speeding or distracted driving.

RCMP said 45 speeding tickets were issued to drivers going 25 km/h over the posted speed limit. Distracted driving offences were given to 50 motorists, which earns a $368 fine and four demerit points.

One driver was given an immediate roadside probation for alcohol.

March is distracted driving month in B.C.

“Focus on the road, not the phone,” said Holmes."

Just to clarify the story I was talking about. :)
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I've said this before & this evening I came across more then usual amount of drivers who don't turn on there headlights.
Yes, your daytime lights do come on unfortunately your tail lights don't, to these drivers if it's so hard to remember to turn on your head lights. Maybe its time to upgrade your vehicle to one that automatically does that.

To add to the fun, to foolish pedestrian that was walk down street. Hey idiot there is sidewalk less then 10ft to your right.... if that to difficult maybe get some reflective items & wear them on top of your dark clothing.

I did not notice is it a full moon. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

All winter long...cars with no headlights.

Snowy days....cars with no headlights.

Too many idiots, not enough fingers to count them on.

lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

A goofy pedestrian approached a red crossing light. Didn't look left or right. Stepped right out into traffic approaching at about 50 that had a green light. Cars honking at him and the guy was oblivious to it.

Not sure how some people survive each day on this earth. The odds are stacked against them, that's for sure.

damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Hope the officers keep up the good work through Lake Country catching distracted drivers. Another 50 today and 50 yesterday. Good for the officers. They are only trying to keep everyone safe. The ones caught?? $368 fine. Maybe they will get the message and STAY OFF THEIR PHONES!!! Way to go, Guys and Gals. We see the phone users all the time throughout our area.
Maybe the officers saved someone's life, or even prevented an accident. :)
Another thing out this way, is people travelling around with their pets loose in their vehicle, or worse still, sitting on the driver's lap. Your dog is cute?? Great ! Keep him cute and safe. If you have an accident, picture what is going to happen to Poochie if he goes against the steering wheel, or, out through the windshield--crushed, or all banged up and cut up. The choice is yours.
Last edited by damama55 on Feb 24th, 2017, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

damama55 wrote:Hope the officers keep up the good work through Lake Country catching distracted drivers. Another 50 today and 50 yesterday. Good for the officers. They are only trying to keep everyone safe. The ones caught?? $358 fine. Maybe they will get the message and STAY OFF THEIR PHONES!!! Way to go, Guys and Gals. We see the phone users all the time throughout our area.
Maybe the officers saved someone's life, or even prevented an accident. :)
Another thing out this way, is people travelling around with their pets loose in their vehicle, or worse still, sitting on the driver's lap. Your dog is cute?? Great ! Keep him cute and safe. If you have an accident, picture what is going to happen to Poochie if he goes against the steering wheel, or, out through the windshield--crushed, or all banged up and cut up. The choice is yours.

To bad fine was not higher like $1,000 plus points
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Well, if distracted drivers keep causing accidents and deaths, I wouldn't be surprised to see the fine go a LOT higher than what it is now. Lightening their wallets seems to be the only way to get through to idiots that won't stay off their phone. It takes desperate measures sometimes to get through to some people. If you MUST answer, or text, or, as one young fellow told an officer today, check out a pic of his girlfriend, PULL THE CAR OVER SAFELY AND DO IT. It is NOT cool to be on your phone while driving. Period.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I was photographing a driver in Coal Harbour, he was driving a forklift type of vehicle used to lift float planes out of the ocean and bring the thing up on dry land. One would think it was a delicate operation requiring full attention. But when I put my photos in lightroom I noticed something, the driver is on his cell phone nearly through the whole operation. And the float plane pilot? She didn't seem to be too upset with this fact.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Dirty red Mini Countryman: No signal lights, accelerating to block a City bus from
legally re-entering the traffic flow. speeding through a School Zone, Baby On Board
sign hanging in the back window, I could see through her vehicle that she was "signing"
her conversation with both hands the whole time.

Yer An Idiot !

To all those that have no situational awareness

Yer Idiots !

How is it that one does not realize that they are driving right on or over the lines used
to separate lanes ? Creeps !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#190020 for all the kelowna idiot drives out there
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”