Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by GordonH »

To the postal driver @ 9:20 am on corner of Lawrence & Ellis:

You were impatience to turn left off Lawrence onto Ellis so you decided to run a red light....... Wow. Than to top it off you were in far left lane to turn onto Harvey off Ellis and decided to go straight on Ellis........ again another Wow.

Really wish I'd would taught the truck #............ You are an idiot & should lose your Canada Post driving privileges.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

To the driver of the F450 who almost hit us entering the Roundabout on Casorso cause you were on your phone and then proceeded to drive all the way to Home Depot still talking on your phone! You sir are a total Idiot!

Oh and you parked on an angle like an Idiot too taking up 2 spots. What a *bleep*!
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
OffRoad
Übergod

Post by OffRoad »

dodgerdodge wrote:"Make a mistake"? Is that what it was, just a little old mistake, could happen to anyone.
Lets be very very clear here..........running a red light is NOT a mistake it is exceptionally bad driver error and that driver shouldn't be driving if he cannot distinguish between a through green and a red stop. It is simply not something that should be happening. Lets make no mistake here people have been killed because of red light runners.

Yes, a mistake. Look it up. Here I'll make it easy for you:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mistake
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/error
http://thesaurus.com/browse/mistake
http://thesaurus.com/browse/error

You didn't answer my question. How is one supposed to drive after making a mistake (or an exceptionally bad driver error)?
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

OffRoad wrote:
dodgerdodge wrote:"Make a mistake"? Is that what it was, just a little old mistake, could happen to anyone.
Lets be very very clear here..........running a red light is NOT a mistake it is exceptionally bad driver error and that driver shouldn't be driving if he cannot distinguish between a through green and a red stop. It is simply not something that should be happening. Lets make no mistake here people have been killed because of red light runners.

Yes, a mistake. Look it up. Here I'll make it easy for you:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mistake
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/error
http://thesaurus.com/browse/mistake
http://thesaurus.com/browse/error

You didn't answer my question. How is one supposed to drive after making a mistake (or an exceptionally bad driver error)?

Only 4 references? Couldn't you find any more?

Exceptionally bad driver error would be a better description. Anyone that cannot distinguish between red and green should NOT hold a licence and before you ask NO i have never confused a red light with a green one.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

You still didn't answer the question.

Personally, I would have hammered on the brakes, jumped out of my car, and ran around in random circles in the middle of the road, flailing my hands over my head & screaming incoherent nonsensical ramblings until the paddywagon showed up.

tl;dr - I'd have done the same thing I do when I realize I'm out of beer.
Your bias suits you.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

I wouldnt call that a mistake either,,, its an idiot move waiting to hurt someone. Red is red and green is go.. Too many run the yellow cos they think thats green too.

I dont think he meant the driver was supposed to act up, more like it probably looked like something he does all the time by his driving habits shown, you people are taking it beyond what its meant to say,,, "like nothing was wrong",,, get past it now, its a figure of speach,,, ya picky bunch of nit pickers.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

Heres the way far to many idiots see traffic lights !
Red means stop some times !
Green means go go go !
Yellow means boot it !
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Takin it easy ! wrote:Heres the way far to many idiots see traffic lights !
Red means stop some times !
Green means go go go !
Yellow means boot it !

Don't forget the advance left turn arrow...which means "wait at least 10 seconds before realizing you've got the advance green before beginning your turn, which only allows 1/2 the number of intended vehicles actually get through the light".

Or the flashing green light. That one seems to confuse a lot of people...why the hell are you slowing down/practically stopping at these things? They'll eventually turn red if and when a car/pedestrian requires it to.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

Your right Always Sunny but its tough to proceed on the advanced green when people are yapping or texting on cell phones and not paying attention !
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Always Sunny wrote:Or the flashing green light. That one seems to confuse a lot of people...why the hell are you slowing down/practically stopping at these things? They'll eventually turn red if and when a car/pedestrian requires it to.

Could be easterners - back east, flashing greens aren't pedestrian crossings. Americans don't allow flashing green signals at all.

Could be bluehairs, too.
Your bias suits you.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Woodenhead wrote:Could be easterners - back east, flashing greens aren't pedestrian crossings. Americans don't allow flashing green signals at all.

Could be bluehairs, too.

I'm a born and raised easterner...back home a flashing green light almost always represented the advanced left turn (slowly we started to get the actual left arrows you see out here)...but it only look me about 5 minutes of driving out here to realize the rules aren't the same.

My friend's parents came to visit out here and his mom turn left in front of all of the oncoming traffic because she was so used to the way it was back home...scary!

But the one that burns my a** the most are the five cars that seemingly appears to have control over the intersection and complete their left-hand turns...all the while the cross traffic waits patiently to move on the green lights they're now facing.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

To the woman driving the white Mustang from the bridge to top end of Kelowna, you really should take a breath and realize your driving habits are poor and more to the point they got you absolutely nowhere. I was waiting to merge onto Harvey from Pandosy by the Chevron and the lights were changing for the through traffic, both vehicles in the inside and outside lane stopped but you thought you were special and carried on through a now red light. As i pulled out and followed the traffic you changed lanes repeatedly trying to get ahead and failed every time, finally you decided that the HOV lane would be appropriate even though you weren't turning off so you raced off only to hit the brakes as traffic was turning.
I meanwhile stayed in the outside lane and by Dilworth i was about 6 car lengths in front and probably way less stressed than you. :dyinglaughing:
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Today around 12pm ish a young woman in a little black car is about to leave Walmarts parking lot in front of Mecreces Benz to turn left. She waits traffic that really isnt coming too soon but thats ok She's young, hopping around in her seat as if to be yelling "come on" to the on coming traffic, looks like a new driver but I couldnt see her N displayed.
Ready to go,,,,
Stall one,,,, cant go now because there is traffic coming again, ok clear,,, stall two, restart and cant go now another car is coming. Stall three,,, hands out, off the stearing wheel as if a ghost just flew into her face, stall four,,, yikes lady, take it off the road, but she finally gets it on the road and Stall five as she almost completes her turn across the lane, right there on the road and again cars are coming. We got the hell outta there before she causes a big smash up. I dont even know how many more stalls because we went the opposite way.
I wont call you an idiot yet lady but please get driving lessons or have someone show you how to drive a standard before going out again. You need some help desparately.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

gold Grand Am weaving down Gordon at 8:45am crossing lines, making ppl jam on their brakes. Honey, set the alarm a bit earlier and put your make-up on at home, not while driving.
Everything that kills me makes me feel alive
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Truck driver last night on Acland Rd, USE YOUR TURN SIGNALS MORAN! First of all just because you're a big truck doesn't mean you can do 5km/h the entire way down the road... SHIFT!!!

I'm tired of sitting behind you at 5 km/h, so once it is safe, I pass you... only to have you turn left into a driveway with no signal forcing me to slam on my brakes... YER AN IDIOT!

Hope you liked the sound of my horn for 30 seconds
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”