Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by Hmmm »

dirtybiker wrote:Not me,IMO that is the proper way to do it.

Thats what I thought. It takes a very long time in most case for both sides of the hwy to be clear. If ones are too scared to wait in the middle, fine, I'll go around you.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Now you see,,, by you saying that bit chances are someone who doesn't know this might have just learned something. I have seen the same and this is education happening right here,,, maybe we smartened someone up today.

Funny story,,, I never realized my dad never did that, he waited at the line and if he didn't get to go he went first on the next chance. Meanwhile others behind waited.
The first time I took my mother for a ride and pulled out like that she nearly crapper her pants,,, "What are you doing!?"

I had to explain to her I am the next up and I am supposed to wait here for the light to turn if it won't clear, then I have a right to go... Man she prit near lost it. We got home and I asked my dad to explain this to her,,, he said "I don't do that" then there was those turning lanes where both sides can use as marked, you sit there on that lane taking the next opportunity to pull on the lane and go. When traffic was coming on the lane we were gonna use and I pulled on to the turning lane to get on she nearly crapper her pants again. She had no idea I was gonna wait for a clearing, she thought I was gonna bolt in between the cars coming. It was kinda funny. I don't know if my dad won't use those of if there just are none where they live but she doesn't drive and she is the worst backseat driver you ever met, specially when it's something new and she has a panic attack :dyinglaughing:
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

I think one thing ppl need education with is roundabouts & definition of a yield sign when entering the highway. Yield is NOT a stop sign.

Slow down, watch if there's no car coming in... if the road is clear, DONT STOP... Press that mushroom and get the *bleep* out of the way.

Last edited by French Castanut on Feb 3rd, 2013, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

I am taking that left onto 97 so often, I've started just going the other way, up Fitzpatrick to Rutland Rd (Or that one street before Rutland), turn right, then turn right on McCurdy.... even though left on 97 is faster 90% of the time, that 10% just kills me! :trippyquoter:
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

I agree on the avoidance technique, I use this at several places.
Left off of Harvey on to Cooper comes to mind, never catch me there.
L ofF of Harvey at Leathead....same.

I use alternate routes to get to most places, not forthe speed of
reaching my destination as much as, avoiding congestion and
traffic lights.
They go hand in hand around here, traffic lights here seem to cause congestion instead of their
original purpose of easeing it.

No data added to back this up but, IMO the chances of being involved in a collision is
far greater at a controlled intersection (lights) than uncontrolled.

One Idiots rambleings in hope of helping other Idiots!!! :2305:
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Scadam
Übergod

Post by Scadam »

To the fool in the old white pickup weaving in and out of traffic down hwy33 this morning toward costco, yer an idiot. You flew down the right lane and very much cut me off swerving in front of me when there was just barely enough space between myself and the car I was overtaking. I sensed your stupidity when I saw you in my mirrors flying down the right lane with no sign of slowing, and I opted to NOT gas it harder and close that gap, just in case it ended in you rear-ending that car or sideswiping us. We watched you continue to swerve in and out of traffic, causing some heavy breaking ahead of us. You ended up directly in front of me turning at Costco anyway. You're a bad driver and you should feel bad. PS. nice mullet, business on top, party in the back...
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

dirtybiker wrote:Left off of Harvey on to Cooper comes to mind, never catch me there.
L ofF of Harvey at Leathead....same.

This one comes to mind ..
Left off of Spall on to Hwy 97 ( going North ). No left turn signal. You can sit there for a long time. Avoid.

Why no left turn signal off of Harvey on to Cooper ( towards the mall ) is a mystery to me. That intersection is so busy.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/story.html?id=01cf2f0a-ab40-411c-966e-184329809c1f
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Scadam wrote:PS. nice mullet, business on top, party in the back...

:dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: Hey 1990 called he wants his hair back.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

To the 2 cyclists riding side by side, one in the bike lane the other in the car lane on Enterprise....You are idiots!
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Yesterday, at the TD Bank downtown on Ellis/Leon, I had opportunity to see some foolish little boy (going the wrong way) get pissy with a woman who was entering the Bank's parking lot going the RIGHT way. Good on the woman in the SUV for not giving-in to the little whlep in the sports car. She stood her ground and he had to back up and let her complete entering the parking lot. He did, however, still proceed to exit the parking lot against the arrows that clearly indicate it's an entrance ONLY. He's an idiot, but his nasty attitude made me think he felt the SUV driver was the in the wrong, which, of course, makes him an even bigger idiot.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Know how Leon is a one way? I was exiting the parking lot to turn LEFT onto Leon when a vehicle tries to enter the CTrust parking lot from my left. He was going the wrong way on the one way. His insurance would have taken care of my car repair bills had he hit me right? Maybe not, I'd have to file a civil suit maybe? But he didn't hit me, acknowledged he was going the wrong way and then proceed to turn ANYWAYS into the parking lot after me.

And I've seen so many NOT using their turn signal for lane changes. Some idiot parks in the road on Gordon Drive, forcing everyone to lane change into the left hand lane, then swerve back into the right hand lane. Oh, and I saw people signalling to make lane changes and people speeding up to NOT let them in, like as if, one car ahead of them was going to be the end of their world on Harvey in front of Orchard Park.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I see people going the wrong way on Lawrence every day!

Queen K wrote:Know how Leon is a one way? I was exiting the parking lot to turn LEFT onto Leon ....

Ummm... that's an entrance only from Leon, I think it should be both, but they have painted the entrance only arrows; I'ts likely because of the drive thru. I wonder how much weight the pavement markings have in the case of an actual accident in such a situation. I sneak in and out of the TD parking lot going the wrong way too, but I know damn well that I'm an idiot if I get in someone's way who is going the right direction.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

To the Blonde who crossed the road without looking and then opened her car door with cars coming from both directions (on a narrow side street) Yer an idiot! Almost a dead one by the way.
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
WTTG

Post by WTTG »

May as well post 'em all at one go.

Here’s to the people who think Rutland Rd. N. ends as a merge onto Hwy. 97. It’s a yield! Yer all idiots!

And, the same to all you folks who think our local stop signs at the Ts are yield signs. Cops could make a mint off of you idiots!

Oh, and don’t be honking behind me because I refuse to be the second car into the intersection trying to make a left turn on a green light with traffic coming. Until the intersection clears, you’re the idiot!

Now, as for all you tailgater-wannabe speeders out there, you should be charged with terrorism! You’re holding a loaded gun at my back, i wish I had the right to use one in self defense, you’re the biggest idiots of all!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

WTTG wrote:May as well post 'em all at one go.

Here’s to the people who think Rutland Rd. N. ends as a merge onto Hwy. 97. It’s a yield! Yer all idiots!

And, the same to all you folks who think our local stop signs at the Ts are yield signs. Cops could make a mint off of you idiots!

Oh, and don’t be honking behind me because I refuse to be the second car into the intersection trying to make a left turn on a green light with traffic coming. Until the intersection clears, you’re the idiot!

Now, as for all you tailgater-wannabe speeders out there, you should be charged with terrorism! You’re holding a loaded gun at my back, i wish I had the right to use one in self defense, you’re the biggest idiots of all!

Welcome to the wonderful drivers of the Central Okanagan.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”