Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
WTTG

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by WTTG »

Thanks, GH, I learned defensive driving at nineteen when I was over in Italy.

Here’s another one for you. My only accident, ever. A couple of years ago I stopped at a yield sign for a guy coming through an intersection, and a lady totaled me from behind. When I showed my 'not-my-fault' accident report to my mother-in-law, she said I must have done something wrong. Is she an . . .?!
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

To the driver of the gravel truck with double length trailer attached this morning, you are an idiot and should be driving a smart car.
Firstly as we are heading towards Kelowna from Boucherie you decide that its faster in the right hand lane so you move over right where people exiting from Boucherie are trying to merge and cut them off completely. You then proceed in that lane until halfway down bridge hill when you change lanes to the left lane as it seems faster and all was well until we get to the other side of bridge and you decided you needed the right lane as you were turning right at Pandosy so you indicated and because there was no space you stopped and backed up all the traffic in the left lane until someone let you in which in turn fecked up all the right lane traffic.
Great driving for a vehicle of that size NOT!
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

To the two crack-heads in the first generation POS white Dodge Caravan.
When you blasted out of the Costco/Chevron driveway straight across my front bumper
and did the same to the 68 Camaro with California plates that was abreast of me then shot across the intersection
with potential to be run over by the loaded dump truck coming the other way on 97
as you headed towards Enterprise down 33.
Basically taking a straight line from the driveway to 33, even having the gaul to flip me off when
I was airhorning you.
I assume you were on crack for risking it all against the two semis and the collector car!

You are way beyond idiots!

Why don't you just go OD in some remote location inhabited by carnivorous critters!! :purefury:

It would be doing the planet a favour!
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

To the brain-dead moron in the clapped-out 1980-something Lincoln Town Car that almost hit me head-on the other day, YER AN IDIOT!!

I was driving west-bound on 39th Ave a couple of blocks east of 25th St when you swerved into my lane about 100 meters ahead of me, forcing me to hit the brakes to avoid slamming into your oncoming POS car. You then swerved back into your lane and as I watched in my rearview mirror, you quickly turned left onto 24th St, cutting off another vehicle! I'll say it again, YER AN IDIOT!

PS - Did I mention that YER AN IDIOT? :purefury:
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I forgot to post this yesterday after getting home from work:

The mindless _____ was driving a jacked-up F-whatever with pretty, never-been-off-pavement shiny rimmy-poos. How he failed to notice that there were four cars at a near stop in front of him, I’ll not ever know. Yes, four cars, he ploughed into the first one, and that one hit the next and so on. Afterward (this is at ~4:45 btw) the five vehicles are stopped in the HOV lane leaving only 2 northbound lanes on Harvey/97. This nimrod actually has his driver door WIDE OPEN right there, encroaching on the middle lane as the rest of traffic navigates around avoiding taking his door off. This guy is compensating for something alright---a small brain.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

To the lady driving the light brown minivian, eastbound on McCurdy, turning left onto Euclid around 7:15pm this evening... Thank you for stopping before entirely cutting across almost right in front of me. Even though my bike has good headlamp illumination, and even though my riding jacket is day-glo green to the point of almost making you want to gouge your eyes out... I'm not sure you were even looking until your bumper was two feet into my lane.

You, ma'am, are an idiot.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Ok, to the 2 idiots (Man and a Woman) Who decided to cross Pandosy right in front of me while I'm pulling a 6-7 ton 5th wheel.
They looked right at me and stepped out and kept walking.....I can't stop that fast you stupid idiots!!!

The next one is in the Save On parking lot. Stupid girl looks right at us and pulls out anyway! Are these idiots flipping blind or just stupid! Yer an Idiot!
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

To the police officer going north on Hwy 97 by the DND grounds outside of Vernon this afternoon at around 250pm who felt he didn't need to use his signal light when changing from the right lane to the left- good thing you saw that minvan driving beside you as he swerved out of the way before you broadsided him- fine, everyone makes a mistake everyonce in awhile but as you swerved back into the right lane was there a reason for you to yet again make a lane change without the use of your signal light? Also, when you are driving on a two lane roadway its not only law but also good practice to stay in your lane and not 1/4 in one lane and 3/4 in the other lane- even when you are stopped at a red light. Guess your chatting to your paasenger is too much of a distraction for you. Uniform or not you are an absolute idiot behind the wheel!
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

To the car on Hwy 3A last night, I'm sorry you have trouble driving at night, perhaps you could leave earlier for your destination to arrive in daylight. IF you can see my tail lights then rest assured your high beams are annoying me, you are an idiot.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Maybe we should just comment on the good drivers as the list will be much shorter.
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Bsuds wrote:Maybe we should just comment on the good drivers as the list will be much shorter.

Nope, sorry, couldn`t come up with any!!!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote:Maybe we should just comment on the good drivers as the list will be much shorter.

dirtybiker wrote:Nope, sorry, couldn`t come up with any!!!

Not even yourself.....Wow, now is that being honest or did you just miss that. lol

just kidding around with you dirtybiker
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

DB drives very nice,,, nice and slow,,, sometimes so slow he's in reverse, hahahahaha,,, ohhh, for a smilie right now,,,
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Roadster wrote:DB drives very nice,,, nice and slow,,, sometimes so slow he's in reverse, hahahahaha,,, ohhh, for a smilie right now,,,

Like the ol saying goes, "I've driven more miles in reverse than most
people have in forward"
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Yesterday (as a pedestrian) I was crossing Bernard at Water from Mosaic Books to Lululemon. Since Bernard is now closed from Water to the Abbott, all traffic on Bernard must turn left or right at that intersection. Apparently people decide that the rules of the road don't apply (i.e. the lights) when there is a detour.

I wait for the light to change and all traffic on Bernard to come to a stop. As I begin to cross the road, a pick up truck towing a trailer decides to inexplicably pull up into the intersection (as if to make his left on on a red light, all the while the traffic on Water is actively moving thru the intersection on their green. Within seconds I'm even with the trailer hitch, in the middle of the marked crosswalk, stopping me dead in the middle of the road. The man looks over at me and laughs "oh, it turned red!". Of course it did idiot. You were fully stopped at that red light when I began to cross. People have no patience.

A few days ago I was heading towards 97 down Gordon. I was stopped at the lights at Gordon/Casorso. I was the first car in the inside lane and two women pull up beside me in the outside lane (they were going straight). At this intersection the opposing traffic has an advanced left-turn onto Casorso. So we wait at our red as the opposing traffic gets there green + advanced left turn. Apparently we were waiting too long because this woman decides to simply book it through the red we'd been fully stopped at for about a minute.

By the time we gpt the green she was a good block ahead. The funny thing was that she was in no particular rush since traffic caught up with her well before KLO and she was in the rearview all the way to 97. Just decided that she waited far too long as a red, so she was going.

As much as younger people are criticized for their driving here I find middle aged people far more clueless on the road. These drivers were both 50+ and came off as having no idea what they were doing was wrong.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”