Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by Always Sunny »

Yesterday I was merging into the entrance to Walmart (off of 97 onto Banks by Cactus Club). I'm of course watching for vehicles turning left onto that same road as they have the advanced green and I'll be facing the yield sign.

But what do I damn near slam into? Grandma driving a big huge pick up truck stop dead in the middle of the merge (basically right where the crosswalk is) and is letting grandpa out onto the curb! On top of being unbelievably stupid to stop in the middle of the road...I can't even picture where grandpa was heading to that THIS was the most appropriate place to let him out.
Last edited by Always Sunny on May 8th, 2013, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

To the Regional District truck at downtown Safeway earlier today. East side parking area is a south to north direction when driving it, not north to south,
You would think angle parking would be a giveaway. I'm not going call you an idiot just maybe blind.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

Today wow... I'm speechless!

1. Around noon, to the female driver of the red dodge caravan going northbound on 97 near banks rd, there's ABSOLUTELY no reason for you to drive with your left foot outside the window, unless you're masturbating while driving. And you were barefoot as well, which is against the law. Of course, you know that if you get involved in an accident, you'll be smashed in half with your toes penetrating your mouth right.

2. Of course, just past that idiot, I saw this northbound accident a block later:
http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#91873

And... and... drum roll... this one is hard to beat:

3. Around 1pm, to the idiot driving an old red pick up truck getting out of a driveway on H33 just before Taylor rd as the 3 of us car in each 3 lanes were driving around 50km/h.... YOU've cut all of us 3 lanes eastbound traffic and had us use our brakes hard enough we all came to a full stop on the highway as you tried to jump across the concrete divider as there was also oncoming traffic coming in westbound on the other side of the road. Westbound traffic was lucky you failed at crossing the divider and smash into them poor people. I was too shocked to take your plate # and report you to the RCMP as I was watching you right in front of me asking myself what the *bleep* you were doing. Today you could have killed someone.
Last edited by French Castanut on May 11th, 2013, 9:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

French Castanut wrote:And you were barefoot as well, which is against the law.

As stupid as that is, if I'm not mistaken, its not illegal in BC to drive barefoot.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Dizzy1 wrote:As stupid as that is, if I'm not mistaken, its not illegal in BC to drive barefoot.

But it sure makes her an idiot.
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
mxtaylor
Fledgling

Post by mxtaylor »

quote]
As stupid as that is, if I'm not mistaken, its not illegal in BC to drive barefoot.[/quote]

actually I believe it is illegal to drive barefoot
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Bsuds wrote:But it sure makes her an idiot.

Won't argue that, uncomfortable too.

mxtaylor wrote:actually I believe it is illegal to drive barefoot

Nope, guess not ...

http://www.drivesmartbc.ca/it-illegal-d ... h-columbia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barefoot#Laws
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

If they're driving an automatic, what do they need their left foot for?
Your bias suits you.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

To all the idiots who park in the right hand lane on Gordon Dr. past Nesters: YER an IDIOT!

Thanks for making cars come to a dead stop when they can't get in the left lane on time. Thanks for making people weave in and out between lanes. Thanks for ignoring NO PARKING signs.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Queen K wrote:To all the idiots who park in the right hand lane on Gordon Dr. past Nesters: YER an IDIOT!

Thanks for making cars come to a dead stop when they can't get in the left lane on time. Thanks for making people weave in and out between lanes. Thanks for ignoring NO PARKING signs.

I thought Parking was allowed there sometimes?
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Woodenhead wrote:If they're driving an automatic, what do they need their left foot for?

And what would happen if they hit something and the air bag deployed. Same as I see passengers with their feet up on the dash...really dumb!
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Who cares - it doesn't hurt anyone but themselves. Let Darwin work his magic.
Your bias suits you.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Woodenhead wrote:Who cares - it doesn't hurt anyone but themselves. Let Darwin work his magic.

Exactly, I agree, but they still fit the "Yer an idiot" category!
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

**Not a Kelowna area story, but an idiot no less**

Today I'm driving from Cranbrook to Golden. There are two smaller SUVs/crossovers in front of me and no one behind me for some distance. As we near Invermere the one in front of me drifts over to the shoulder (a wide one, close to a car width). He's driving the way someone might if they were planning a right-hand turn off a highway where there is no dedicated turn lane, in order to move out of the way of traffic behind.

But I notice that not only is the vehicle not slowing down (going a solid 100km/h) there is also NO side road anywhere nearby. So I slow down because I have no idea if he's going to zip back into traffic or what. Instead, he plunges down into the ditch (about 4') and then up the embankment about 6'-8' and all I see is black dirt and gravel flying everywhere. Through the dust I see him struggling to regain control...moments from rolling his vehicle he manages to get it back up on the highway.

Once I confirmed there was no damage/the driver was "ok" I slowly pulled past and continued onto Golden, as I see the vehicle slowly pull back onto the highway behind me and eventually into a gas station.

It was a perfectly clear sunny day just after 1:00pm. Certainly I don't know what happened, but distracted driving was pretty clear.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Always Sunny wrote:**Not a Kelowna area story, but an idiot no less**

Today I'm driving from Cranbrook to Golden. There are two smaller SUVs/crossovers in front of me and no one behind me for some distance. As we near Invermere the one in front of me drifts over to the shoulder (a wide one, close to a car width). He's driving the way someone might if they were planning a right-hand turn off a highway where there is no dedicated turn lane, in order to move out of the way of traffic behind.

But I notice that not only is the vehicle not slowing down (going a solid 100km/h) there is also NO side road anywhere nearby. So I slow down because I have no idea if he's going to zip back into traffic or what. Instead, he plunges down into the ditch (about 4') and then up the embankment about 6'-8' and all I see is black dirt and gravel flying everywhere. Through the dust I see him struggling to regain control...moments from rolling his vehicle he manages to get it back up on the highway.

Once I confirmed there was no damage/the driver was "ok" I slowly pulled past and continued onto Golden, as I see the vehicle slowly pull back onto the highway behind me and eventually into a gas station.

It was a perfectly clear sunny day just after 1:00pm. Certainly I don't know what happened, but distracted driving was pretty clear.

Sounds alot like driver fatigue. Slowly drifting off to sleep in the warm sun than "HOLY S%!T!!!!". Good to hear no one was hurt. If it was a case of distracted driving, hopefully this person learned a lesson.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”