Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
What_the
Übergod

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by What_the »

^^ not sure why (can't confirm this, haven't been down there for a couple of months), nobody does more than 40 anyway. Idiots
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

These two at The Great Canadian Oil Change.

The pickup is parked IN the entire driveway into the place and the driver is having a conversation with this by-law officer...a bit ironic. I'm quite clearly trying to enter this driveway, both seem to notice me and turn back to their conversation. Keep in mind there is plenty of street parking, so no apparent reason why blocking an entire driveway was your only option.

I had to turn around and get back onto Richter and use the other entrance by the gas station. They stayed like this blocking up everything (including the car wash entrance the by-law car was blocking) for about ten minutes.

I asked the folks at GCOC if they were closed or something and they had no idea why they were blocked off. No common courtesy some people.
Attachments
PicsArt_04-23-04.08.38.jpg
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Bubba just driving along in his beater silver and red pickup yakking away on his cellphone like it's 1995.

Not a care in the world. Then a car turning left into their driveway, almost gets rear ended by Bubba who's either not paying attention (cellphone chat must be super interesting) or Bubba just thinks it's OK to put the bejesus up someone and nigh on run them off the road.

Young dark haired girl on 97 southbound driving an old green beater Plymouth - tailgating a white SUV at 90kmh just a few feet away isn't cool. You were so close there's no way you could see down the road if anything was happening ahead. You're just driving blind and you're a menace to others.

Ignorant (x2)
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
spooker

Post by spooker »

alfred2 wrote:To the cyclist on april22 at 1212 pm , you were riding on the sidewalk on leckie, u came to springfield with a green light wait lite for prdestrians and you sped right in front of me as i was making a turn on to springfield. People like you get hit and blame the driver of the car learn the rules .Oh by the way i know i am number one but you used the wrong finger, you are are a__))eidiot. :cuss:

That section of road is really badly designed ... the bike lane is right next to the sidewalk and up the curb from the vehicle lane ... the cyclist might not have been on the sidewalk but on the paved section meant for cyclists ... and yes, with the green light the cyclist is allowed to cross Springfield though it's always good to make eye contact with anyone in a car turning right

The bike lane at sidewalk grade starts at the intersection with Parkview ... personally I opt to stay in the vehicle lane since it keeps me more visible to vehicular traffic, going straight I'd be in the left lane anyway so as to not get right-hooked by someone turning right and looking left ...
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

I thought that red plate peril season was upon us....

White AB pickup meandering across the lanes, speeding 25 over and drifting over the centre line in blind left corners.

Then I followed a BC plated older RV who was doing the same, but way worse. Not a big RV by any means but the driver was totally incapable of keeping it in his own lane at any point. Brutal.

Idiots of every persuasion.

twofingers
Board Meister

Post by twofingers »

To the orange-haired beauty driving the Customer Shuttle vehicle with the name of a prominent dealer of Korean cars spashed all over the vehicle - "I question the need for you to blast through the 60 KMH Construction Zone on HWY 97N on Wednesday at 4PM at 115 km/h, then on up Sexsmith at stupid speeds".
I called the dealer and asked for the manager, but he was too busy to talk to me, so I called the MPs instead.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Yellow peril cab - pulled out directly in front of me without even looking in his mirror or shoulder checking.

Not entirely unexpected, which is why I was prepared for his stupidity.

lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

twofingers wrote:To the orange-haired beauty driving the Customer Shuttle vehicle with the name of a prominent dealer of Korean cars spashed all over the vehicle - "I question the need for you to blast through the 60 KMH Construction Zone on HWY 97N on Wednesday at 4PM at 115 km/h, then on up Sexsmith at stupid speeds".
I called the dealer and asked for the manager, but he was too busy to talk to me, so I called the MPs instead.

One time I was in a dealer shuttle van. The driver actually answered his cellphone as he was driving. Sped. Ignored no left turn signs. Rolled stop signs and red lights. Cut corners. Turned into the wrong lane. Drove one handed.

Brutal. Awful drivers.

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

To all the idiot drivers out there you all need blinker fluid!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Today's genius parked his flat deck semi in the HOV lane so he could go grab a take out breakfast.

Dude you're hungry, I get it. But you DO NOT park on the highway in town. NO. NEVER. It's a real shame the motorcycle cop was on the other side of the intersection at a red light, and missed your antics.

Hand in your class 1 and go drive a car. You're a disgrace to truckers everywhere.

Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

I finally found out why Vernon drivers seem to be, no, ARE so bad. On Saturday I was behind a white Toyota Prius C on Pleasant Valley Road in Vernon with a local driver's school logo on the doors and a 'Student Driver' sign on the back. At first, I thought the driver was drunk the way he or she was weaving from side to side and driving soooo slowly, no more than 25-30 kph. The driver hesitated going thru intersections, didn't ONCE use the turn signal, had NO CLUE what to do in a traffic circle and made at least one right turn so wide that the car went into the opposing lane! At no point did the instructor attempt to intervene or correct the driver's mistakes. :135: I submitted a dashcam clip to Castanet, but they refused to post it. You are a TOTAL idiot!
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

It must be Friday, all the idiots are out on the roads
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

lightspeed wrote:Today's genius parked his flat deck semi in the HOV lane so he could go grab a take out breakfast.

Dude you're hungry, I get it. But you DO NOT park on the highway in town. NO. NEVER. It's a real shame the motorcycle cop was on the other side of the intersection at a red light, and missed your antics.

Hand in your class 1 and go drive a car. You're a disgrace to truckers everywhere.

Hey, Idiots need sustenance too!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

lightspeed wrote:Today's genius parked his flat deck semi in the HOV lane so he could go grab a take out breakfast.

ya your right he shoulda went through the drive thru, get a grip
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

LTD wrote:

ya your right he shoulda went through the drive thru, get a grip

So you think it's ok to park a rig in the HOV lane? Really?

You truly are something special.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”