Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by Bsuds »

Call the RCMP and let them deal with it. Give them the numbers.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I bet there's not one person who'll read that and remember those license numbers 5 seconds after they read it, let alone bolo for them whenever they're on the road.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Missed the excitement and no I wouldn't remember licence plate numbers - that's why I take photos (in the event of an accident).
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Very good investment is a dash camera, if for no another reason icbc claims (also to give footage of bad driving behavior to the police).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

I am going to report the numbers on Monday, as offices are closed over the weekend, and it is not an emergency. Didn't report them yesterday, as it was after 4 for both instances. Maybe the officers will go to the drivers and give them a stern warning. Wanted to report them already, but, with the flooding going on, think I will wait 'til Monday. The best thing, I guess, is to give idiot drivers plenty of room.
Mods, I DO appreciate why you couldn't let the numbers stand. :) Just hoping we don't hear or read about the young people having a crash (can't call it an accident) and killing innocents.
Thanks to all for your input. :)
I am going to ask for a Dash Cam for my birthday. :)
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Unfortunately (or fortunately in many cases) you giving the police the plate numbers is meaningless.........yes, they can possibly speak to the vehicle owner and say a complaint was called in but they cannot issue a ticket. The owner just has to say "not me". Video in many cases can be evidence.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

lesliepaul wrote:Unfortunately (or fortunately in many cases) you giving the police the plate numbers is meaningless.........yes, they can possibly speak to the vehicle owner and say a complaint was called in but they cannot issue a ticket. The owner just has to say "not me". Video in many cases can be evidence.

But they do respond and that does help.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Most likely the largest contributing factor is the growing amount of impatient drivers on the road.
https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/197038 ... eadly-work
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Just a quick note. I DID call the RCMP in Westbank and they did take down the licence numbers, and WILL give them to the members there. The officer was very nice, and hopefully, at least 2 IDIOT drivers will be caught before they cause a crash. If we don't do something to help officers, then we have little, if any, reason to complain. They can't be everywhere, so extra eyes, and reported info, are always good for them.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

It would not surprise me that the Truck involved was either speeding and/or following too close.

They have been working in my area recently and I have seen them speeding on residential streets and in the School Zone.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/1 ... -on-Hwy-97
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

I've seen a dirty old black pickup with a canopy around town a few times. It has long sharp metal spikes coming out of the front hub that protrude about 4" past the edge of the rim.

Makes me shake my head that someone wants to roll around town looking like a Mad Max extra who never made it into the movie.

Mad Max Kelowna: The DunderDrome.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Wouldn't that be the Dumberdrome?
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Maybe not wisest decision turn left in front of a Semi, car driver should consider herself damn lucky. Could have been hell of a lot worse.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/1 ... emi-crunch
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Even when the lights turn red you can never trust a semi to stop.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Fancy wrote:
lesliepaul wrote:Unfortunately (or fortunately in many cases) you giving the police the plate numbers is meaningless.........yes, they can possibly speak to the vehicle owner and say a complaint was called in but they cannot issue a ticket. The owner just has to say "not me". Video in many cases can be evidence.

But they do respond and that does help.

Especially if it's their kid or a driver they haven't given permission to take their vehicle. While the police might not be able to do a lot with pursuing any sort of charges, it can definitely change things at home and helps to keep some of those bad drivers off the road.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”