Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
lightspeed
Guru

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by lightspeed »

lightspeed wrote:A couple of youths in a VW Jetta, plate # CV8 06* heading south into Kelowna this morning. Weaving through traffic, undertaking, less than 10' of space between cars at 100kph. Then into the construction zone, still doing 90 or 100 and undertaking traffic, all the way down Harvey.

Driving like that you'll be lucky to make it to your mid 20's.

Blue peril. Repeat performance.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

kgcayenne wrote:Middle aged woman in a black convertible Benz glued to her phone going highway speed at 7:30 am.
Idiot is too kind a word to describe that one.

lightspeed wrote:Someone should invent some sort of wireless hands free device. Imagine if you didn't have to hold your phone as you drive. How safe would that be?

Rules is for poor peeps, those who can afford to drive a Benz qualify for exemption. I'm more in favor of extermination myself. [icon_lol2.gif]
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Lightspeed--I hope you have, or invest in, a camcorder. With all the idiots you see, on your travels, you would be able to report a lot of them, and, perhaps save themselves, and others, from having accidents and maybe stop them from getting themselves killed. People are as stupid as they are as long as they getting away with their idiot actions. Wouldn't you agree?
Edited to send Lightspeed the message. Sorry about that Lonewolf. :)
Last edited by damama55 on Jul 22nd, 2016, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

AB plate white pickup truck, middle aged grey hair Bubba in a white wife beater vest.

You were honking at a kid in a driving school car. He didn't enter the intersection at Harvey because his exit was blocked by cars. Then you honked again because he didn't pull away quite fast enough for you at the green light.

I was going to shout across to you to give the learner driver a break but it didn't seem worth the effort. We've all had to learn to drive except for you, who got their drivers licence from a cereal packet.

You sir are the one that needs driving lessons. Also maybe leave home earlier if you're in such a rush.

Nasturtium
Board Meister

Post by Nasturtium »

Wow!
My husband has be talking about his witnessing bad drivers behaviour for years, (I thought it was him)
His wishing for a Google Go Pro just may happen prior to Christmas
We leak as rivers
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

To the dude travelling east on Valley Road from Union to Sexsmith Rd. this morning around 8:30.
As you rounded the corner your black SUV was getting squirrely as you came to the end of the curve. You were driving way too fast, that is a 50 km/hr section of road and you were likely travelling at least 100 km/hr.
I threw up my arms to get your attention so you did not drive into us. A lady driving the opposite direction in a red minivan saw the whole thing unfold and paused to ask, did you see that?
Had you lost control you would have run into her and probably landed up on us, you sir are an idiot!
Waste not
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Idiot cyclists who think they own the sidewalks...

This morning at about 10:35am at the intersection of Cook/Lakeshore, two older cyclists were:
1.) riding on the sidewalk
2.) traveling against the flow of traffic
3.) crossed Cook (northbound) while those of us also headed north across Cook faced a green light and an advanced left turn arrow

These idiots didn't seem to mind one bit that they were crossing illegally in front of a pickup pulling a boat who was attempting to complete a left turn on his left turn arrow. To top it off they were at a very leisurely Sunday pace to the point that the pickup just completed its left turn before the arrow expired.

So to you sir and madam (with the unmistakable watermelon painted helmet) use your damn melon next time you're on the road (errr, sidewalks)...yer idiots!
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Went on a little tour today...

Idiot in a dark pickup pulled out of the Vernon dump turnoff, cutting across two lanes of oncoming traffic. Also cut up cars in the lanes he was turning INTO. Way too close for comfort. In town, a sketchy kid in a beater truck just about made it across four lanes of traffic.

Plenty of idiots out there.

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

lightspeed wrote:Went on a little tour today...

Idiot in a dark pickup pulled out of the Vernon dump turnoff, cutting across two lanes of oncoming traffic. Also cut up cars in the lanes he was turning INTO. Way too close for comfort. In town, a sketchy kid in a beater truck just about made it across four lanes of traffic.

Plenty of idiots out there.

The real idiots are the ones who designed that roadway and put an intersection crossing 4 lanes of traffic on top of a hill, by a curve with 0 line of sight from a passenger car point of view looking for southbound traffic. I turn right there, go down the hill and come back to town over the old highway. I don't even chance it anymore.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Dizzy1 wrote:The real idiots are the ones who designed that roadway and put an intersection crossing 4 lanes of traffic on top of a hill, by a curve with 0 line of sight from a passenger car point of view looking for southbound traffic. I turn right there, go down the hill and come back to town over the old highway. I don't even chance it anymore.

I wish more people had that kind of common sense.

I only travel that road a few times per week, but more often than not some nut makes a kamikaze mission into highway traffic.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Dizzy1 wrote:
The real idiots are the ones who designed that roadway and put an intersection crossing 4 lanes of traffic on top of a hill, by a curve with 0 line of sight from a passenger car point of view looking for southbound traffic. I turn right there, go down the hill and come back to town over the old highway. I don't even chance it anymore.

Unread postby Always Sunny » Yesterday, 6:17 pm
I wish more people had that kind of common sense.

I never ever knowed that there was more than one kind of common sense and idiots. Them's smart people by golly.
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

Some people believe that common sense is just two pennies that look alike.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Grey import car making a left turn in the construction zone right in front of a no left turn sign, getting hung up, then having to make a five point turn in front of two lanes of oncoming traffic.

Genius.

damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Lightspeed--You seriously have to start wearing a go-pro. Man, the stuff you see would fill half of Youtube. Sounds like you are working in a construction zone, and I just hope and pray you stay safe and don't get hit, or hurt, by some of the idiots that travel your way, it seems, everyday.
Take care and keep watching out for the idiots.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

damama55 wrote:Lightspeed--You seriously have to start wearing a go-pro. Man, the stuff you see would fill half of Youtube. Sounds like you are working in a construction zone, and I just hope and pray you stay safe and don't get hit, or hurt, by some of the idiots that travel your way, it seems, everyday.
Take care and keep watching out for the idiots.

Depending on the infraction, the RCMP will follow up. I posted one *bleep* a while back on Facebook and actually had an officer reach out to me about the video.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”