Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by Dizzy1 »

To the old fart in the black Lincoln dropping off their kid at the airport this morning at about 645am. Is there a reason why you felt the need to stop your car and get out in the middle lane? Not only did you stop right on top of the crosswalk, you also blocked in the cars behind you who used the appropriate curb lane preventing them from getting out. There were lots of empty spots before and after the area you felt was an great spot to park. Not only are you an idea, but your mindless, selfish attitude is worse.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

I think we need to have a bumper sticker on our vehicles--"Check Castanet Community Forums to see if Yer An Idiot". I seriously wonder how many people read the forums. I saw the story about the officers in Vancouver dressed in civvies and look like ordinary citizens but, they are on the lookout for people breaking the laws of the road. I am sure they will catch a lot of people being idiots, and maybe save some accidents and some deaths.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

damama55 wrote:I seriously wonder how many people read the forums.

You're more generous than I am. I've often wondered if these people even have the ability to read in the first place.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

To the woman in the dark red older model Hyundai Elantra on Glenmore heading from Kelowna to Lake Country at about 6 tonight: Your wheels hit the soft shoulder and you also crossed the yellow centre line several times. I could see you looking down and occasionally glancing up out your windshield. Your eyes were on your screen more than they were on the road. I watched you slam on the brakes to avoid the grey pick-up truck ahead of you at least twice. I hope that you get caught before you kill someone. Yer an idiot!
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Get the license number of idiots and report them. Or, when you get a chance, take a pic and show the officers. Maybe you will save her, or some other person's, life. The idiots need to be reported and hit in their wallet. The officers can't be everywhere at once, so we need to help them to help safe a life, maybe.
synthat

Post by synthat »

This is where getting a dash cam really comes in handy, not only does it get the license plate you don't have to worry about scrambling to write it down it will usually catch the idiotic driving as well. Identification and evidence all in one neat little video.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

I guess if you are driving a light pink Cadillac with all the pink trim and bling, you might as well go full *bleep*.

Turning left from Pandosy onto Cadder this afternoon yakking away on your hand held cellphone. Well done.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

lightspeed wrote:I guess if you are driving a light pink Cadillac with all the pink trim and bling, you might as well go full *bleep*.

*Cringe*

Pink Cadillacs stopped being cool after about 1960.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

If you're riding a motorcycle on the highway and you approach a slowing down/almost stationary car sitting against the centre line, with its left turn signal on, and no approaching traffic (a car had just cleared the space), if you choose to overtake.....then congratulations.

That car driver possibly saved your life - because he saw you 1 km away and watched for you as he slowed down.
Next time it might be someone less observant, or less considerate of two wheels.

RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

On Saturday I watched a guy round a corner on his motorcycle/crotch-rocket wearing only swim trunks and flip flops with his girlfriend perched behind him in a bikini top and short shorts. I cringed at the thought of what could happen if they had an accident.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

I saw a few people riding with passengers and no back rest for the passenger. Some of them were, what looked like, Dads with their kids. Hit a bump hard enough, the child loses their grip and where would the child be?? Even an adult passenger should have a back rest, I think.
Last edited by damama55 on Jun 6th, 2016, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

RustyCrayon wrote:On Saturday I watched a guy round a corner on his motorcycle/crotch-rocket wearing only swim trunks and flip flops with his girlfriend perched behind him in a bikini top and short shorts. I cringed at the thought of what could happen if they had an accident.

That reminds me of a T-shirt I saw on the driver of a motorbike, that said, "If you can read this, the *bleep* fell off".
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

RustyCrayon wrote:On Saturday I watched a guy round a corner on his motorcycle/crotch-rocket wearing only swim trunks and flip flops with his girlfriend perched behind him in a bikini top and short shorts. I cringed at the thought of what could happen if they had an accident.

looking4one wrote:That reminds me of a T-shirt I saw on the driver of a motorbike, that said, "If you can read this, the *bleep* fell off".

The matching one for her says "If you can read this, the b____d hasn't thrown me off yet."
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Was just about to leave rear parking lot of Independent Grocery(between 3:30 & 4 today), when a donkey in dodge durango whips pass me & damn near takes off the front end small car entering parking lot.

You sir are an idiot
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Helmetless meandering moped rider in the bike lane just living the dream cruising through the mean streets of urban Kelowna.

You sir win a cookie. An idiot cookie.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”