Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
lightspeed
Guru

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by lightspeed »

Ladies who were stopped at an intersection giving the impression of being parked on the right at the stop sign, yet also with your left turn signal on. I had no clue what your intentions were. When I creeped forward alongside you, yes I did see the driver pass her cellphone to the passenger. You were not quick or discreet enough.

Good work. Idiot 101.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
KingCreole
Board Meister

Post by KingCreole »

try again / please remove the plate. thanks
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Just before lunch today I was approaching Windsor Road (to Treehouse Interiors). I was coming south off of Harvey and pulled into the centre turn lane to make the left onto Windsor.

Some woman in a rush coming out of MTF wanting to turn left onto Spall nearly broadsided me, wanting to use the centre turn lane as her waiting area until the south bound traffic on Spall cleared.

Not only did you nearly plow into my drivers side door, you also had the privilege of blocking both north bound lanes until I could make my left turn.

Wait next time.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Coming along by Save on Foods on the Highway today, in Lake Country. Black truck pulled out and almost nailed me on the front passenger side. I had to swerve to the left, not to be hit. He stopped but was still too far out on the highway. IDIOT!! Wait for traffic, before you pull onto the highway, Guy. I don't know how many people pull out of there and are either too far out already, OR they make that turn too wide. Can't drive?? Take the bus. Sometimes even the bus has almost gotten hit by people doing the very same thing.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
KingCreole
Board Meister

Post by KingCreole »

Deleted
Last edited by KingCreole on Mar 17th, 2017, 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
KingCreole
Board Meister

Post by KingCreole »

To the selfish, self-entitled, rude bonehead woman pictured below, blocking a main lane at Orchard Park Mall in front of Starbucks, all-the-while your face buried in your phone to avoid eye-contact with the countless drivers stuck behind you and having to dangerously use the opposite late to go around you, YER AN IDIOT! And please, if you haven't already, DO NOT breed and save future generations from further grief.

van.jpg
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Did you know that there's a new thru lane at McCurdy northbound? They must teach this in driving school now because this "N" driver seemed to know something I didn't!

lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

It must be Silver Mercedes SUV "drive like an idiot day" in Kelowna.

1) Idiot turning left hammers on the brakes hard, doing about 80 with no turn signal. Then straddles turn lane and overtaking lane while braking hard AGAIN. Brutal. Use your turn signal, decelerate gently then slow down while in the turn lane, you buffoon.

2) BN9 *2A plated Silver SUV nearly rear ended us doing about 30. As we were stopped. The reason you didn't see traffic slow down was as you said in the phone call I made to you after "sorry, I was just picking up my phone". Put the damn phone down away you clown. You'll kill or injure someone. I'd suggest getting a Bluetooth kit but I don't think you have the mental capacity to drive and talk at the same time. You're a menace.

That one got called in to Traffic Services as we both heard you clearly say "I was picking up my phone".

Then a service truck turning left on Harvey - half asleep at the wheel. Green turn arrow means GO when safe. Not sit there and have a nap. Burn your driving licence and hand in your keys.

Too many goofs, not enough highway for them all.

lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Our eyes met as you were stopped at an intersection at Harvey. You were busy holding your cellphone talking into it. You felt my stare cold and intense at first. I sensed your discomfort. Our eyes met, briefly at first. You kept on talking, and I was heartbroken. Once again you looked in my direction. I smiled then laughed at you. I realized the mutual attraction I was hoping for just wasn't there. So I glared at you. You put the phone down out of sight but continued talking into it.

Sorry, but you're just not my type. You're a cretin that needs to put down your cellphone and pay attention to the road.

dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

This came up elsewhere;

Attention Span: With the attention span of a knat what would one expect of the driving public
but to all seemingly be idiots on the road.

It seems no one has any focus, manual dexterity, or self preservation anywhere near of their
mind while out flitting around like a bug to a light.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

To the woman in the black yoga pants, walking a big white poodle and pushing a baby in a stroller heading north on Camp Road near Tyndall. Were do I begin?

That corner is crazy. People tend to fly around it and pick up speed as they head towards Arrowleaf Winery. You were in the middle of the lane, slow walking and texting, while occasionally looking up to see where you were going... and to check on your daughter.

Yes. Your daughter. Who looked to be about 7 years old. She was riding her little bicycle about 50 feet ahead of you. Without a helmet. In the middle of Camp Road! She was looking over her shoulder and calling out to you "Mommy, mommy..."
You didn't even look up because you were too busy texting. You didn't notice as she picked up speed heading down the hill. Luckily a white SUV coming in the opposite lane slowed to almost a complete stop and pulled off to the side of the road to make sure they didn't hit your child. Nope, you were so busy with your phone, you didn't have a clue. You continued to walk down the middle of the road with your eyes on your phone, pushing the baby in the stroller. Your poodle, using the full length of the leash was now wandering in the oncoming lane. I bet you would be the first to blame someone else if something happened to your children or dog.

I see a lot of dumb s--t on the roads. But you take the cake. You are a complete moron!
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Last night a moron don't see an ambulance with lights and sirens on. It came down the highway heading to town and a young girl in a white car turning left from 33 nearly side swiped the ambulance. You could see that she didn't look left or right and just kept driving, oblivious to everything around her.

Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

On monday I rolled up to the stop sign on Valley Road travelling north. You rolled up to the stop sign from Yates slightly behind me, You did not stop but rolled through the intersection went left and went merrily on your way. Being the person on your right, and being the person that arrived first, I had the right of way but I was busy coming to a full stop while you just kept on going. It is evident that you do not understand the basic rules of 3 way stops because you are an idiot! It's all on SD card as my handy Dashcam caught it all.
Waste not
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I watched in disbelief as an idiot did not stop and made right off Sutherland onto Pandosy, cutting off the car with green light (that green had not just switched either).
So to driver of that silver honda your not only an idiot your also as :cuss: hole who needs there D/L taken away.
If your in so big of a rush then leave earlier, other vehicle damn had multi car rear ender. Due to having slam on the brakes.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

GordonH wrote:I watched in disbelief as an idiot did not stop and made right off Sutherland onto Pandosy, cutting off the car with green light (that green had not just switched either).
So to driver of that silver honda your not only an idiot your also as :cuss: hole who needs there D/L taken away.
If your in so big of a rush then leave earlier, other vehicle damn had multi car rear ender. Due to having slam on the brakes.

Yeah what is it with these idiots that fail to acknowledge a vehicle travelling towards them that has the right of way. I was headed towards Westbank coming down towards the Walmart turn off/merge on and a truck pulls up to the merge on, stops and even looks then pulls out anyway, right in front of me travelling at highway speeds, worse still he makes no attempt to quickly get up to highway speed and even starts riding his brakes as i'm at this point on his bumper. I check if clear and after 2 cars i pull out to go round him and he is gassing away to his passenger arms gesticulating every point and clearly paying no attention to other road users and his speed in relation to them or the limits.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”