"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

5 people like this post.
lightspeed
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1646 posts

Re: Yer an idiot!

Postby Bsuds » Nov 3rd, 2017, 11:35 am

I had to laugh at the guy trying to drive his corvette in the snow. There was no way it would go in a straight line without fishtailing. lol Park it till Spring!

To the woman in the RAV4 on Benvoulin...do your makeup at home before you get in your car! Idiot!

Also the person in the KIA on KLO. That is the worst color I have ever seen on a car, it looks like a box of puke. Sorry but it does.

2 people like this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 8915 posts

Postby dirtybiker » Nov 3rd, 2017, 11:44 am

lightspeed wrote:To all the idiots....

It's dark. And snowy.

Turn your lights on!!!! Jesus..... :swear:

What I don't get is that if one see's a vehicle around oneself without lights on, and
it seems wrong for conditions,
should it not trigger said individual into checking their own lights status, on, or off ?

Starting a chain reaction of lights coming on...Duh !

I see it all too often of multiple vehicles going along in poor conditions with nary a light to be seen.
On their vehicle and seemingly, in their heads !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

3 people like this post.
dirtybiker
Guru

Liked in: 1426 posts

Postby dodgerdodge » Nov 3rd, 2017, 9:31 pm

Bsuds wrote:I had to laugh at the guy trying to drive his corvette in the snow. There was no way it would go in a straight line without fishtailing. lol Park it till Spring!

To the woman in the RAV4 on Benvoulin...do your makeup at home before you get in your car! Idiot!

Also the person in the KIA on KLO. That is the worst color I have ever seen on a car, it looks like a box of puke. Sorry but it does.

Yeah i think they were all out today. The car with the whole rear end covered in snow, the texter in his truck heading up Harvey, the Mustang with its shiny summer rims and low profile tires, the tailgater, the late last minute lane changer cutting off traffic and lastly hats off to the ridiculous amount of people lined up outside Kal Tire on the Westside trying to get their summer tires off, i mean for christ sake the regulations for winters started a month ago and they have been forecasting snow all week. Jeeze

4 people like this post.
dodgerdodge
Übergod

Liked in: 298 posts

Postby Queen K » Nov 3rd, 2017, 9:39 pm

Queen K wrote:Oh vey, ya.

I was on Gordon Dr., behind a very slow moving vehicle and the driver had not taken the time to clear off the snow off the entire back windshield or side mirrors. The only indication I knew the vehicle was turning onto Cook Rd at the last minute was faint lights under the snow on the back signal lights. Full snow on the back windshield, no way see anything is finable is it not?
The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room. Money can't buy what I want for Christmas.

dirtybiker likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 9582 posts

Postby Smurf » Nov 4th, 2017, 6:16 am

Reading all this just makes me enjoy our winter stay south that much more. Even with around a hundred thousand snow birds in town, many of whom are new and have no idea where they are going I enjoy driving. It is not perfect but unbelievably better than the Okanagan. There are actually courteous drivers and drivers that follow the laws. Each year I almost forget how to drive like a lunatic just to stay alive. [icon_lol2.gif]
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.

lightspeed likes this post.
Smurf
Guru

Liked in: 4520 posts

Postby lightspeed » Nov 4th, 2017, 7:02 am

"The Year of Living Dangerously" AKA "Everyone has Miraculously Forgotten How to Drive in Snow".
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

2 people like this post.
lightspeed
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1646 posts

Postby Bsuds » Nov 4th, 2017, 7:07 am

lightspeed wrote:"The Year of Living Dangerously" AKA "Everyone has Miraculously Forgotten How to Drive in Snow".

Driver Dementia.

3 people like this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Postby Woodenhead » Nov 4th, 2017, 10:57 am

Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Politics without principle. Your bias suits you.

8 people like this post.
Woodenhead
Guru

Liked in: 873 posts

Postby GordonH » Nov 5th, 2017, 8:20 am

lightspeed wrote:To all the idiots....

It's dark. And snowy.

Turn your lights on!!!! Jesus..... :swear:

Was out yesterday just as it was becoming dark, came across 3 vehicles driving on just there daytime driving lights.
1 got the hint of flashing lights by our motorists other 2 nothing.

Each year I say this, please pedestrians & cyclists wear reflective items & maybe lights (at least on your bike). It helps everyone to actually see you ahead of time.

2 people like this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 5617 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Bsuds » Nov 5th, 2017, 8:51 am

GordonH wrote:
Each year I say this, please pedestrians & cyclists wear reflective items & maybe lights (at least on your bike). It helps everyone to actually see you ahead of time.

Except the idiots who don't have their lights on!

Why don't all vehicles have automatic lights? My last several cars did and I never have to worry about it.

2 people like this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Postby GordonH » Nov 5th, 2017, 9:15 am

Bsuds wrote:Except the idiots who don't have their lights on!

Why don't all vehicles have automatic lights? My last several cars did and I never have to worry about it.

For myself it's habit, chances are if I were to purchase a vehicle with automatic lights. I'd still reach over & turn them on.

2 people like this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 5617 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby damama55 » Nov 5th, 2017, 9:24 am

I followed a newer vehicle out from the airport area awhile back with NO tail lights. When I was able to approach the older gentleman at the pub, he had NO idea that his lights were not on, as his lights were on in the front. I hope he remembers to always turn the knob to make sure all the lights are on. We cannot always rely on technology to keep us safe.
PS—And, no, I was not going to the pub, but followed him there to be able to speak to him.
Heartfelt sympathies to all affected by the tragedy in Las Vegas, Texas and to the families and friends. And to the officer who lost his life in Abbotsford, you were a true hero, too.
damama55
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 582 posts

Postby LTD » Nov 5th, 2017, 9:37 am

stalker :200:
LTD
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1878 posts

Postby Bsuds » Nov 5th, 2017, 9:46 am

damama55 wrote:I followed a newer vehicle out from the airport area awhile back with NO tail lights. When I was able to approach the older gentleman at the pub, he had NO idea that his lights were not on, as his lights were on in the front. I hope he remembers to always turn the knob to make sure all the lights are on. We cannot always rely on technology to keep us safe.
PS—And, no, I was not going to the pub, but followed him there to be able to speak to him.

An unfortunate side effect of the newer cars and the dash being illuminated all the time is people aren't aware when their headlights are not on. Another reason it should be automatic.

3 people like this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

PreviousNext

Return to Trials & Tribulations of Traffic