Gotcha! Driving while texting or talking on phone

Home of the traffic rant.
staticspade

Re: Gotcha! Driving while texting or talking on phone

Post by staticspade »

I'm just saying, With so much agression and hate online, its hard to wade throught all the *bleep* to find things that actually make a difference for the better.
Do what you want, Im just surprised this is legal, and tolerated.

IMHO <(when did this become unclear?)
Enlighten me.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

staticspade wrote:I'm just saying, With so much agression and hate online, its hard to wade throught all the *bleep* to find things that actually make a difference for the better.
Do what you want, Im just surprised this is legal, and tolerated.

IMHO <(when did this become unclear?)

Search engines are better suited for such a task - discussion forums are for discussions including those that "offend you". Alternatively you could start your own thread to inform people and leave this topic be.
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Mar 9th, 2014, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Back to topic - wish I could have got the licence plate of the woman weaving down the road with both hands doing her ponytail. She should have taken lessons watching Planes Trains and Automobiles on how to drive with your knees. Probably had her cell phone in her lap.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

staticspade wrote:I'm not listed in here, so its not offensive because i'm a criminal, or caught red handed. To pretend that I am perfect, and fit to convict others and potentially ruin their lives, because of a traffic offence

If someone is driving dangerously and/or breaking the law, they are potentially ruining their own lives, as well as the lives of those around them.

You're surprised that a discussion forum is "legal and tolerated" and yet you've got nothing against standing up for those who put other's live at risk.

IMHO you time is misguided and wasted here.
staticspade

Post by staticspade »

Always Sunny wrote:
You're surprised that a discussion forum is "legal and tolerated" and yet you've got nothing against standing up for those who put other's live at risk.

IMHO you time is misguided and wasted here.

I'm not sticking up for people who put others lives at risk, far from it. I'm saying that posting their photo publicly and without their knowledge so that they can be used as a public punching bag, is wrong. No matter what the subject at hand.
Not to mention the fact that, while most of you may do your best to get these pictures legally, you are also promoting a lot of people to go out on the streets, fueled with emotion and hatred, to do something that distracts them and others while driving
Enlighten me.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

staticspade wrote:I'm not sticking up for people who put others lives at risk, far from it. I'm saying that posting their photo publicly and without their knowledge so that they can be used as a public punching bag, is wrong. No matter what the subject at hand.
Not to mention the fact that, while most of you may do your best to get these pictures legally, you are also promoting a lot of people to go out on the streets, fueled with emotion and hatred, to do something that distracts them and others while driving

You mean like this?
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
staticspade

Post by staticspade »

If you are asking what I mean by mob-like mentality, I suppose any mob would suffice as an example
Enlighten me.
staticspade

Post by staticspade »

There is more to, poor driving, then just plain evilness.
$1300 for the young drivers program?!
thats insane. reminds me of when they had no stop signs in multiple, poor neighbourhoods, in East Van.

The poor to middle class, can just kill and hate each other away
Attachments
gandmas.jpg
Enlighten me.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

staticspade wrote:If you are asking what I mean by mob-like mentality, I suppose any mob would suffice as an example

Alrighty then. You don't support the VPD's efforts to bring the 2011 rioters to justice because you think that posting their photos online is somehow infringing on their rights to carry on in anonymity after causing millions in damages and several injuries.

Good to know which side you're one.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I'm stopped at the light on Dilworth at Hwy 97 this morning and the guy in front of me is on his phone. I look over and the woman beside me is on her phone! He starts when the light changes and is halfway into the wrong lane crossing the Hwy and she is oblivious to it. Too bad the didn't smash into each other as I would love to be a witness for ICBC on that one.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Lol!

And after they crash they wont even have to get out of thier car to argue over blame. They can simply text each other.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

The woman had her phone in her left hand but was holding it up to her right ear. she was still talking that way whe she turned off Benvoulin onto Byrnes.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Y-Wine
Fledgling

Post by Y-Wine »

20140221_172414.jpg

Monkey see monkey do. Left the light at 97s/Cooper driving with her knees. Such a fine upstanding mom.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

This ad from Mazda caught my attention. I hope this feature is banned on any car sold in Canada. I have to say..."why is it that friggin important to constantly keep in touch with ANYone while driving?"

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/02/08/mazd ... ckefeller/

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”