Gotcha! Driving while texting or talking on phone

Home of the traffic rant.
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Gotcha! Driving while texting or talking on phone

Post by mexi cali »

Remember, punctuation is your friend. It makes for an easier read.

I too believe that cell blockers are the way to go.

It is us that won't stand for it. Human rights or some such drivel.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Blockers aren't a smart solution, altho looking at it from a singular perspective it appears to be an easy fix. Emergency situations and passengers immediately spring to mind. So does management of "range". It would probably be easy to "block the blocker", too - there's a hack for everything out there. There's other not-so-obvious problems to overcome (particularly with implementation), but that should give you an idea.

The real answer lies in instilling good habits from a young age. Because of that, us "older" folk are probably already too far gone. lol

Or wait for self-driving cars!
Your bias suits you.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

This is brilliant and worth 2 minutes 26 seconds to watch

http://www.cracked.com/video_19216_a-dr ... world.html
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

dodgerdodge wrote:This is brilliant and worth 2 minutes 26 seconds to watch

http://www.cracked.com/video_19216_a-dr ... world.html

I think that applies to many Kelowna drivers! The one that gets me is failing to signal until you right at your turn. Then jack the brakes and start turning, then signal. If you live on Stuart Street, why not signal when approaching. I know, it's all about you isn't it.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

I loved the "speed matching" on the highway and the bit about both lanes being equal. Very fitting to drivers here for sure
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Wow. That was scary accurate.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

dodgerdodge wrote:I loved the "speed matching" on the highway and the bit about both lanes being equal. Very fitting to drivers here for sure

Once the speed matchers get home ... first thing they do is jump on Castanet and wiggle waggle their fingers at us because they were doing the speed limit and no other rules apply to them because they are doing the speed limit.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

mexicalidreamer wrote:Wow. That was scary accurate.

yup thats about it
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

If you want to see what your history has, go to here: https://maps.google.com/locationhistory/b/0/ and Login with your gmail username / password

If you have an iphone with google maps installed (prior to version 3.2.1), then you can access the same information.
Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f7e_1426 ... hqLBHky.99
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Lemme add to this. You are tracked on a cell phone using the phone company's phone internet. I don't pay for it so my phone only uses my wifi or a free wifi if I connect to one, so, my phone shows me walking around in my house and yard only. At least I am thinking so because on days I went out with my phone all I can see tracked is movement within my own yard. Ha! They can't find us all.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

That location history is kinda wild.... cool and yet freaky!
Roadster *heart thumping* ... why am I ALWAYS the 138th like for you... each and every time!

~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

You are 214 this time now hunny, better keep up.

And ya, it's kinda freaky, I think I will keep my phone as it is using Wifi,,, I don't need a computer on the road anyway. I hear your car can be tracked by the computer it uses as well? Anyone know?
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

On my Android, I have my Data set to Off... I only use wifi. I did the google location, and it tracked me today... I punched in a the past few days, and it has me exactly where I was. A week ago was too far for it. Somehow, someway I am being stalked. I can see it being a very handy tool in some senses...and very dangerous in others.

~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

If I went missing I'd like that it tracked me but chances are pretty slim, meanwhile I am kinda spooked about the idea of being tracked,,,
So far I have gone back a long ways on the calendar and it's only seen me at home. The spots move around quite a bit on the property but it looks like as I get in my car it quits before I leave the yard.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Turn the location services off on your phone and you won't be tracked (at least that you are aware of ;) ).

Can't remember what the options were on my old Android, but with the iPhone you can completely turn your location services off or allow only certain apps to access it ... pretty sure Android's have the same set up.

I do allow a few apps to use it, especially the "Find My iPhone" feature, just in case it goes missing and then I can remotely wipe the phone clean.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”