Gotcha! Driving while texting or talking on phone

Home of the traffic rant.
kurtan
Banned

Re: Gotcha! Driving while texting or talking on phone

Post by kurtan »

Not one picture of a cop on his cellphone or laptop while driving. Ill get one for ya guys. Or, wait, are tehy professionals, and it is allowed, and ok for them to do so..? Who cares what people are doing while driving. *bleep* happens all the time. People die. It is life. Concentrate on your own driving habits. Taking pictures of people on their cellphones while driving i am sure is just as dangerous. Lmao.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

kurtan wrote:Not one picture of a cop on his cellphone or laptop while driving. Ill get one for ya guys. Or, wait, are tehy professionals, and it is allowed, and ok for them to do so..? Who cares what people are doing while driving. *bleep* happens all the time. People die. It is life. Concentrate on your own driving habits. Taking pictures of people on their cellphones while driving i am sure is just as dangerous. lol.

According to your logic, it would be ok to drive while drunk Who cares, people die all the time anyways?
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Actually I do care what people are doing while driving. I imagine the family of the motorcycling couple that got plowed into the back of a van sitting at a light cares as well. Yes people die all the time but to die because someone decided to reply to a text is pointless. It's sickining what little value some place on other's lives. All the defensive driving techniques in the world can't protect you from being rear ended at a red light.

I'm not condoning taking pictures but memorizing the płate number and reporting it is the least we should do. If the police aren't stemming the tide the public unfortunately needs to fill that void in enforcement. I for one make sure people who are texting know it's not going unnoticed.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

kurtan wrote:Not one picture of a cop on his cellphone or laptop while driving. Ill get one for ya guys. Or, wait, are tehy professionals, and it is allowed, and ok for them to do so..? Who cares what people are doing while driving. *bleep* happens all the time. People die. It is life. Concentrate on your own driving habits. Taking pictures of people on their cellphones while driving i am sure is just as dangerous. lol.

Well, yes, the law 'allows' them to do certain things the rest of us can't. I'm sure they are expected to use their best judgement as too when why and how, because if they cause an accident, they're sure to get mantlered.

See, this is the thing: teenage girls and gangstas in their gaudy Escalades don't always use good judgement. That's the reason for the law. We all pay for the actions of stupid people.

I'm sure if cops start killing folks because they're busy texting 'LOL' to their girl/boyfriends, there'll be a law for them, also.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Funny isn't it? You use to see people posting pictures of others texting while driving. I guess they finally realized the law applies to them as well.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

skydawg wrote:Funny isn't it? You use to see people posting pictures of others texting while driving. I guess they finally realized the law applies to them as well.

Can't speak for anybody else, but I'm the OP. The photo taken was not done by the vehicle driver, but rather the passenger. We just really haven't had the time to pursue that hobby, but I'm sure we will get plenty of opportunity again. Don't worry though, we don't live among the little people anymore, so you won't show up on here.

http://globalnews.ca/video/1297207/woman-killed-driving-moments-after-posting-status-update

At least she went out happy, sad that she had to learn the dangers the hard way and paid the ultimate price.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
staticspade

Post by staticspade »

36Drew wrote: Don't worry though, we don't live among the little people anymore, so you won't show up on here.

Did you move to the states? I hear they put syrop and gravy on everything
Enlighten me.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

staticspade wrote:Did you move to the states? I hear they put syrop and gravy on everything

No - I've been rather public about where I am.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Anyone who has Netflix and kids, take a look at a documentary called from one second to the next. It is only 35 minutes long but the 4 stories are compelling and should be watched by any driver who think they are immune to tragedy.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

mexicalidreamer wrote:Anyone who has Netflix and kids, take a look at a documentary called from one second to the next. It is only 35 minutes long but the 4 stories are compelling and should be watched by any driver who think they are immune to tragedy.

You don't need Netflix. It's a 30-minute long PSA from AT&T and they've posted it on Youtube.

http://youtu.be/_BqFkRwdFZ0
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

I see people texting all the time. Any many don't even try to hide it. Right thru intersection. Many blocks at a time. No stopping.
staticspade

Post by staticspade »

36Drew wrote:
Alrighty then. You don't support the VPD's efforts to bring the 2011 rioters to justice because you think that posting their photos online is somehow infringing on their rights to carry on in anonymity after causing millions in damages and several injuries.

Good to know which side you're one.

I saw a video of a very drunk girl waving at the camera, one eye west and one eye east, I'm smoking in the bay! Blotto!
Terrible situation that.

I have no opinion on how the police choose to take action. How can I?
I'm Guessing the police, like teachers, perhaps need better funding. so they dont need to rely on these measures.
I'm guessing. I really do not know enough about the investigation efforts prior, to have an opinion on that.

I was only comparing the mentality to the mentally adopted toward our fellow man, while hidden behind an avatar and surrounded by others, feeding off the fact that everyone else is doing it, it must be ok. That was all.

36Drew wrote:
No - I've been rather public about where I am.

I'm sorry, I must have missed the memo.
Enlighten me.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Good one castanet or is this compliments of Leif Thordarson

http://youtu.be/6EX41gbit_4
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

This post has not been edited.
Last edited by matai on May 5th, 2014, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

matai wrote:So many times when I'm stopped at red lights the drivers (mostly the female ones) behind me are always looking down at their cellphone, quickly looking up to check the light, down to the phone.

I'm the type of driver who leaves 1 car's space with the car in front of me so whenever I see this I play on releasing my brakes for one split second before breaking again ( to make my brake lights blink behind the car).

Just fun to see their surprised face going up from their phone thinking the light turned green again.

Repeat step when their eyes are going down on their cellphone again.

lol

I don't find any of it lol. You're playing a game in your car and not paying attention to those around you. Your too busy watching them text. So whats the difference?
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”