Gotcha! Driving while texting or talking on phone

Home of the traffic rant.
melscarandtruckrental
Fledgling

Re: Gotcha! Driving while texting or talking on phone

Post by melscarandtruckrental »

Te3xting while driving should carry the same penalty as impaired driving, at least the drunks have their eyes on the road
Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think your an idiot than open it and confirm it !!!
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

melscarandtruckrental wrote:at least the drunks have their eyes on the road

yeah, all 3 of them, even!
Your bias suits you.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I called one in this morning: She was talking on her cell phone AND putting on her makeup. Really.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Can anyone share what has happened as follow up to calling in a texting or drunk driver? I have never had any feedback so I am unsure if anything happens at all.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Front page of castanet, Three alarm fire photo taken from driver side, yes the light is red but doesnt matter. Hilarious
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

This one annoyed me. Lady pulling out of Vernon Jubilee Hospital , in a white chevy avalanche with a VJH parking pass in the window. Sitting in the left hand turn lane to get onto the highway. She was pulled out so far that people in the right lane (me) , trying to turn right , can't see what is comming down the hill or safely pull onto the highway. Here is the kicker , there were no cars comming , and she could have made her turn , but instead sat there texting for about 30 seconds. Then she casually puts her phone down and turns onto the highway.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Fella today on Old Ok Hwy a ways in front of me pulls over for no apparent reason and as I pass I can see he is using his phone. This dude is NOT AN IDIOT!
quinnation

Post by quinnation »

good thread idea! i dont think i go a day without seeing someone texting and driving..
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Nobody who drives goes a day without seeing it happen.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

She was on the bridge, turning onto Abbott.. She was very concentrated typing her very important text message at 4pm. After 2 minutes when she was done, she decided to read a letter or postcard. She was driving a pickup truck.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Heading back to the westside last night and traffic was a little slow, as I past Ellis there was about 8 - 10 vehicles waiting to make the left hand turn off Harvey onto Ellis and maybe one or two of the drivers was not on their phone.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Meh who cares. It's not gonna stop, you'll probably have an easier time keeping drugs prohibited. If you want change push your mps into total voice integration in every vehicle sold in Canada. It's going that way anyway only private sector is dictating timetables and research and not govt.
rideforever
Übergod

Post by rideforever »

Steve-O wrote:Fella today on Old Ok Hwy a ways in front of me pulls over for no apparent reason and as I pass I can see he is using his phone. This dude is NOT AN IDIOT!

How big was the shoulder? Was he right beside traffic? If you've been rear-ended before or watched 'worlds wildest police videos' and seen that even police cars with lights on get rear ended in the shoulder, you might not think that's such a great place to sit.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

rideforever wrote:
How big was the shoulder? Was he right beside traffic? If you've been rear-ended before or watched 'worlds wildest police videos' and seen that even police cars with lights on get rear ended in the shoulder, you might not think that's such a great place to sit.

Depends, I would think, on the importance of the phone call.

Something has to be said about other drivers' situational awareness.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Shoulder was big enough. Could he have been rear ended? Yep. Or a piano could of fallen from the sky and crushed him. Whats it matter? The dude at least made an effort.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”