Gotcha! Driving while texting or talking on phone

Home of the traffic rant.
FreeRights
Guru

Re: Gotcha! Driving while texting or talking on phone

Post by FreeRights »

JTGTI wrote:For those that are complaining about this regulation. Be happy this isn't the UK, where drinking(anything non-alcoholic) or eating is illegal while driving. Drivers caught are charged with driving without due care and attention.

Honestly, I would not be surprised if people actually had an easier time adapting to the no food/drink rule than they do adapting to the no cellphone/texting rule.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Foxic-Kitty

Post by Foxic-Kitty »

So we were trying top back out at the parking lot in Orchard park
And this idiot in a silver SUV was completely stopped behind us - blocking us in and holding up traffic

TALKING
ON
HIS
PHONE

We honked a dozen times, and after the 10th honk he looks behind him for a moment
Never notices us...
There is a lady on the side shaking her head at him
And instead of driving - he puts down his phone - puts his earphones in - turns on his mp3 player
and causally drives forward...

*bleep*?!?!?!
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Approaching the "construction zone" yesterday by the new overpass and SUV is gaining on me big time on outside lane activating the speed sign at 78km/hr. As she was passing me i noticed she was frantically texting at the wheel and to make matters worse she had 2 small children strapped in their child seats in back. If you don't give a crap about yourself at least respect your kids right to life.

BTW Can we still call it a "construction zone" if no construction is taking place?
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

IMO anyone caught doing what she did should and must be charged with child endangerment. And she calls herself a momma. Nothing is mre important than keeping your children safe, nothing.
Equity will not suffer a wrong to be without a remedy
zyzzx
Fledgling

Post by zyzzx »

Saw a car in my rear-viw driving quickly, zipping around, making oddly quick lane changes. At the light this explained everything.

Idiot! May a ticket be in your future! I normally could care less if you could actually drive a car without looking like it was a blind person driving.

Doing drugs supports crime. Are you happy that you support crime? Just think how much society would save if you didn't support the criminals that are producing drugs. Medicinal? Good on you! That is why the Doctor gave you a prescription.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

36Drew wrote:*Note: Be sure to black out the license plate number of any photo you place here/Jo*

Getting tired of seeing idiots around town on their bloody phones while driving. So I've started a pet-project. There's a camera in my vehicle. If you get spotted using your cell, one of the passengers will take a picture of you, and of your license plate.

Saturday, March 24 2012, about 11am, doing 60kph southbound on Harvey.

Awesome!!! It'd be nice if we could start a photo gallery. Saw a mother with kid in car seat texting at 80KM on hwy97, too bad I didn't get a shot of that, it would have made a lovely family christmas card.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

This thread was supposed to be a place for putting shots, people keep posting messages instead and I come here and No pic,,, no Fun,,,
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

zyzzx wrote:Saw a car in my rear-viw driving quickly, zipping around, making oddly quick lane changes. At the light this explained everything.

Idiot! May a ticket be in your future! I normally could care less if you could actually drive a car without looking like it was a blind person driving.

Can you be anymore of a hypocrite? You break the law and then *bleep* about other people breaking the same law?
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

WhatThe wrote:
zyzzx wrote:Saw a car in my rear-viw driving quickly, zipping around, making oddly quick lane changes. At the light this explained everything.

Can you be anymore of a hypocrite? You break the law and then *bleep* about other people breaking the same law?

If he is the passenger in his car with a camera what law is he breaking?
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Re read the post. There is only one rearview mirror and passengers cannot comfortably see out of the side mirror.
Hyp.o.crite
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

WhatThe wrote:Re read the post. There is only one rearview mirror and passengers cannot comfortably see out of the side mirror.
Hyp.o.crite

Nothing in the post says the driver took the picture or even insinuates it.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

WhatThe wrote:Re read the post. There is only one rearview mirror and passengers cannot comfortably see out of the side mirror.
Hyp.o.crite

Hate to say it but that looks like it was taken out the passenger window,,, of a car beside them.
I might be wrong but if he seen her out his rearview mirror,,, are ya thinkin he snapped the shot through his review mirror,,, or would he wait till she got beside him and maybe, just maybe his friend or wife,,, took the picture,,, you need more info before you take your stab.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Nope, the photo itself was taken from the drivers seat with cam/phone at arms length. The stantion gives it away, if it was by passenger we shouldn't be able to see it. Dollars to donuts I'm right, it just fits. He's free to refute but.....
Last edited by WhatThe on Sep 20th, 2012, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

WhatThe wrote:You are perhaps correct, I will retract if that is the case.

The very first photo posted was most definitely taken by the passenger. I'm pretty sure the one you were specifically referring to was also taken by a passenger - there's no artifacts of the photographer's vehicle framing the photographed subject (ie., passenger seat, window, etc).

Taking those photos is a bit of a challenge as the passenger really doesn't have any control of traffic or the vehicle they're in. Conditions have to be right, you need a cellphone user next to you, travelling at the same speed or stopped, the passenger has to have their camera ready to shoot... but sometimes the stars align and one can get a real gem.

I've got to get back out on the road with the wife and grab more shots. Now that my bike riding is done for the year, I should have far more opportunity.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

WhatThe wrote:Nope, the photo itself was taken from the drivers seat with cam/phone at arms length. The stantion gives it away, if it was by passenger we shouldn't be able to see it. Dollars to donuts I'm right, it just fits. He's free to refute but.....

I tend to agree. As a passenger I would have to lean way back (towards the driver) in order to get the window frame in the picture. If the picture were taken from the passenger seat the camera/phone would very likely have been no more than a few inches from the window, and no window frame would have been visible.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”