Most terrifying moment you've had on the road?

Home of the traffic rant.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Most terrifying moment you've had on the road?

Post by dirtybiker »

underscore wrote: just as I was letting out the clutch a bigass black truck blew through the (now very red) light at about 70 or 80 in the right lane, right where my door would've been had I gone right on the green as I normally would've. I'm pretty sure I would've been dead as their bumper was about level with my head.

I'll be a bit critical here.
That is why you were taught in drivers ed. to make sure it is safe to proceed before doing so.

You may have been in the right but, Dead right is no way to be.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

True, but even if I would have checked before I would have normally started moving, I wouldn't have seen it.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

Last edited by French Castanut on Feb 1st, 2013, 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

givenrfarm wrote:December 19th the worst was put in the past and a new worst. I couldn't get a woman out of her jeep. I couldn't get the window broke. I couldn't open a door. I couldn't stay in the water long enough to do anything than kick the glass a few useless times. My straps broke twice. I couldn't save a woman from Wood Lake. Worst day driving. Worst day for her family. The terrifying part? The whole time, not knowing how many people were in the jeep with her. Not knowing if I was failing getting not just her out, but babies too. Terrifying doesn't even begin to describe that day. I don't want to drive truck anymore. I'm tired of being terrified that way.

My heart breaks for the pain I feel for you reading this... You are, as are the others who tried to save this lady, heroes in my eyes and my families eyes. No one should have to feel terrified to do their job everyday.

I cannot imagine how you feel, but please talk to someone about your feelings. This may be a family member, friend, stranger or professional. You may say or think this is not for you, but it truly does help us heal.

Huge hugs to you.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”