Updated: Woman drives on sidewalk

Home of the traffic rant.
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Re: Woman drives on sidewalk

Post by French Castanut »

Why do they say "here she comes" "here she comes" at the start of video? They're already waiting for her b4 she does it?
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

^^^ *le sigh*

Sn0man wrote:From what I read about it, the "perp" had been doing this for some time and had been caught on camera doing it before. I'm pretty sure this was a sting to catch her in the act.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

Always Sunny wrote:
Bsuds wrote:She should lose her license and wear the sign permanently!

OH and I love it that there was a Cop right there.

Stop me if I'm missing sarcasm here...

But the fact that the people on the bus were obviously very prepared for this happening, one could imagine this woman has done it more than once before. The cops were tipped off to the location?

I would say so. You can hear people in the video when they first spot the car saying she is going to drive around them.
Alvis
Board Meister

Post by Alvis »

French Castanut wrote:Why do they say "here she comes" "here she comes" at the start of video? They're already waiting for her b4 she does it?

You don't read the previous posts before you comment, do you?
Man can now fly in the air like a bird, swim under the ocean like a fish, he can burrow into the ground like a mole. Now if only he could walk the earth like a man, this would be paradise.
Tommy Douglas
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Alvis wrote:
French Castanut wrote:Why do they say "here she comes" "here she comes" at the start of video? They're already waiting for her b4 she does it?

You don't read the previous posts before you comment, do you?

Not always, don't I. Do you?
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

French Castanut wrote:

I never did either, until I learned that it helps provide continuity to the thread.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Babbitman wrote:I never did either, until I learned that it helps provide continuity to the thread.

It sure does... sometimes.
Sn0man
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Sn0man »

Shena Hardin wipes her nose as she holds up a sign to serve a highly public sentence Nov. 13 in Cleveland, for driving on a sidewalk to avoid a school bus that was unloading children.
Sunshine tax rebate recipient
Alvis
Board Meister

Post by Alvis »

Sn0man wrote:Image

Shena Hardin wipes her nose as she holds up a sign to serve a highly public sentence Nov. 13 in Cleveland, for driving on a sidewalk to avoid a school bus that was unloading children.

That makes my day.
Too bad they didn't make her say it was HER driving on the sidewalk.
Man can now fly in the air like a bird, swim under the ocean like a fish, he can burrow into the ground like a mole. Now if only he could walk the earth like a man, this would be paradise.
Tommy Douglas
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

If we're seeing it, do you not think they would be locally??

Come on, do we need someone to hold a sign on Bernard now....
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Thomas J. Sheeran
The Associated Press

CLEVELAND—A woman caught on camera driving on a sidewalk to pass a Cleveland school bus that was unloading children stood in the cold Tuesday at an intersection holding a sign warning people about idiots.

A Cleveland Municipal Court judge ordered 32-year-old Shena Hardin to serve the highly public sentence for one hour Tuesday and Wednesday.

She arrived bundled up against the cold weather, puffing a cigarette, wearing head phones and avoiding comment as passing vehicles honked.

Satellite TV trucks were on hand to stream the event live near downtown Cleveland.

The sign read: “Only an idiot would drive on the sidewalk to avoid a school bus.”

Hardin's license was suspended for 30 days and she was ordered to pay $250 in court costs.

Lisa Kelley, whose 9-year-old daughter boards the bus which Hardin had been passing on the sidewalk, said the sentence fit the crime.

“She's an idiot, just like the her sign says,” Kelley said as she watched Hardin lean against a fence, her head down and her eyes hidden by dark glasses.

“She did this almost every day last year,” Kelley said. “She won't stop laughing. She's not remorseful, she laughed at every court appearance. She's still laughing, so she needs to be humiliated like this.”

Kelley said she was only sorry the woman was standing in the cold and not the rain or snow.

Bill Lipold, 37, who works nearby in the blue-collar neighbourhood of older homes and factories, yelled “Why do you hate kids” to Hardin.

He hopes the punishment works. “How else are you going to stop her from doing it again? She really didn't show remorse for her action after being caught, so you've got to try something,” he asked.

With two schools located with two blocks of the location and busy commuter traffic, the area can be risky for youngsters walking to class, Lipold said.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Alvis
Board Meister

Post by Alvis »

Alvis wrote:You don't read the previous posts before you comment, do you?

I don't honestly expect you to click the link for the whole story. Other Castanet regulars might.

http://jalopnik.com/5960252/this-is-the ... idiot-sign
Tommy Douglas
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Love the comments and she is an idiot.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Updated: Woman drives on sidewalk

Post by oneh2obabe »

Woman holding ‘idiot’ sign for driving on sidewalk ‘missing the point,’ says judge.

The Associated Press

CLEVELAND—A Cleveland judge who sentenced a woman to hold an embarrassing sign in public plans to personally supervise the second day of the punishment after being unsatisfied with the woman’s demeanour the first day.

Shena Hardin was caught driving on a sidewalk to pass a school bus unloading children in September.

Judge Pinkey Carr had ordered her to spend part of two mornings holding a sign that says, “Only an idiot would drive on the sidewalk to avoid a school bus.”

Hardin puffed on a cigarette, wore headphones and ignored passers-by while standing with the sign on a street corner Tuesday. The judge tells WKYC-TV ( http://on.wkyc.com/T2hkly ) she feels Hardin wasn’t sufficiently holding up the sign and was “missing the point.”

The judge plans to supervise Hardin on Wednesday.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Updated: Woman drives on sidewalk

Post by Bsuds »

Maybe the punishment should continue till this woman "gets it"
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”