Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Do your pedals confuse you?

Post by Always Sunny »

removed - Jennylives
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

If your feet are too big for the pedal arrangement in a vehicle, don't purchase/use that vehicle.
Your bias suits you.
Alvis
Board Meister

Post by Alvis »

removed - Jennylives
Man can now fly in the air like a bird, swim under the ocean like a fish, he can burrow into the ground like a mole. Now if only he could walk the earth like a man, this would be paradise.
Tommy Douglas
motokelowna1
Übergod

Post by motokelowna1 »

dodgerdodge wrote:http://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelowna/83544/Pedal-confusion-leads-to-crash

I mean for gods sake how many more people are gonna do this? It seems to be so common that people just accept it happens.
WHY??? When was the last time you confused your pedals? If it was an automatic which i assume it was there are only 2 bloody pedals, STOP and GO! How difficult is that?
Furthermore it is a modern car so you would have to keep foot on brake to move trans from park to drive before it would go anywhere. Did we get the full story? Probably not.
What about the recent head on when a women drove a car across the centre into oncoming traffic near Grizzly Rd? How did that happen? Faulty vehicle? Texting? Applying make up? Will we hear the full story?

I drive with two feet right for go left foot stop ( thats how you drive a fork lift ) no problems here.
albertabound
Board Meister

Post by albertabound »

The problem with pedal usage is simple, ndp use their left foot for both pedals, and the rest drive the way it should be, as a result tooo many ndp lovers in bc.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

motokelowna1 wrote:I drive with two feet right for go left foot stop ( thats how you drive a fork lift ) no problems here.

The safe operating speed of a forklift is undeniably a fraction of that of a vehicle. The reaction time when you are operating a forklift is far greater than that of a vehicle. While there seemed to be no standard answer, one of the top forklift manufacturers states the maximum speed of an unloaded forklift is under 9 miles per hour. Nice try though.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”