Dangerous Drivers of Rutland

Home of the traffic rant.
c-89

Dangerous Drivers of Rutland

Post by c-89 »

I would like to call attention to Springfield Road, in particular the Rutland area of Springfield. Recently they have been updating the road with more signs that state the speed limit is 50, however, I drive this road several times a day and I am constantly encountering dangerous drivers. 80% of the time I drive this road I will have a truck tailgating me, going way over the speed limit, serving in and out, or blowing through red lights. One time a woman crossing the road was almost hit due to a truck blowing through the light probably doing 80 or 90 in his haste to finally be able to pass me. Yesterday I was almost hit by a truck tailing me when he tried to squeeze through a hole trying to pass me, again going way over the limit.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is having such problems, and do you ever see the police on this area of the road, because I sure don't.
Woodenhead
Guru

Re: Dangerous Drivers of Rutland

Post by Woodenhead »

I drive it regularly & noticed the ridiculous signs that don't do anything except cost money. What's the signs say - something like the lights are timed for 50km/h? I haven't hit a red yet and I'm driving faster than that. (altho not excessive) I particularly enjoy the flashing white light - looks like it's an imitation of a camera flash. Useless waste of money IMO.

Always a lot of excessive speeders, though, yet there's never any cops. (just my personal experience)
Your bias suits you.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I see police with radars there on regular basis.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Good to know they're there. I imagine it's a time of day thing. I'm never thru there during peak traffic times.
Your bias suits you.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I also see this self righteous old guy driving a crap box vehicle with a big sticker that says "If you're passing me, you're speeding!" and something along the lines of "THIS IS THE LAW!" or something inane like this. He drives 50KMH on the dot, and gives dirty looks to anybody who passes his sorry purposeful *bleep*.

Pretty sure he thinks of himself as Batman of traffic enforcement.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

LOL I've never seen that - hope I do. People like that are always good for a laugh.
Your bias suits you.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

I drove there yesterday and saw the signs that say something about riding the wave and traffic lights timed for 50km/hr. So i drove at 50km/hr and hit 3 red lights in a row, the one at Quigley stayed red for ages and there was nothing on Quigley waiting to come out!
On the way back i was following another vehicle doing 55 and the signs starts flashing 87??? WTH?
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

I caught the 60-65 km/hr wave and hit nothing but green.The people riding their brakes to ride the 50km/hr wave on the dot got the red lights. Nelson Muntz.

Traffic lights are there to facilitate traffic flow, not bottleneck it. Springfield is slower than the highway anyways.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Rutland is absolutely full of nutcase drivers that travel down Springfield.
Everyday I am being tailgated, passed by morons at over 80Kms/hr, cell phone users speeding and lane changing in a rush to get no where, just plain idiots!
As far as the cops, Cops need to be on Springfield everyday around the clock to catch all the nutcases who need their licenses revoked, as there is no other way to get these people to have a different attitude.
There are more less 2 different types of drivers in Kelowna, AGGRESSIVE and normal, the aggressive ones are complete fools who have no idea how stupid they look, and normal drivers who can't stand the aggressive ones.
Kelowna is full of Aggressive drivers, and there is never a cop around when you need one to catch these "bad drivers"
Aggressive drivers think they are normal, and think they are cool when they tailgate and weave in and out like a bull in mating season.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Here's a fine example of one of them nutcase drivers I spoke about.
Sunday night 10:45 p.m. 2800 block of Springfield, all is quiet, except the excessive speeder down Springfield thinking he is something, another head on collision!
Look at the results of excessive speed, and lack of self control.
This is what speeding on Springfield is all about! In a hurry to what????????
This is what speeding on Springfield is all about! In a hurry to what????????
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

The headline to the article you posted a picture of says he is being investigated for being high on drugs. I wonder if they will manage to charge him and take away his licence and i also wonder what "drugs" he was under the influence of.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

I sure hope that he will be charged and lose his license!
I heard one guy saying at the scene that he was also going over 100kms/hr, I think it was the passenger in the truck.
So double the speed limit and high on drugs.
His insurance should not cover the damages as far as I am concerned.
Insurance should be null and void if impaired by alcohol or drugs, it should be pay out of pocket as to "be responsible" as this was not an accident, you don't do drugs and have a head on collision under normal circumstances.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

UltraViolet wrote:His insurance should not cover the damages as far as I am concerned.
Insurance should be null and void if impaired by alcohol or drugs, it should be pay out of pocket as to "be responsible" as this was not an accident, you don't do drugs and have a head on collision under normal circumstances.

I can appreciate your thoughts on this, but how 'bout your insurance DOES cover the costs, so the victim doesn't have to wait for some slouch to pay that tab...but the insurance company can now take the offender to court for full repayment schedule.
The rest of your life.
That can be a long time for some people...might make 'em think.
Twice.
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

Captain Awesome wrote:I also see this self righteous old guy driving a crap box vehicle with a big sticker that says "If you're passing me, you're speeding!" and something along the lines of "THIS IS THE LAW!" or something inane like this. He drives 50KMH on the dot, and gives dirty looks to anybody who passes his sorry purposeful *bleep*.

Oh K, too funny. I ran into this guy the other day. He came down the Springfield hill in front of about 7 of us. He slid right over into the left lane and stayed there till about mission creek park area. Funny thing is with us he speeds up to actually copy the guys speed on his right. He leaves just enough room that no one can change lanes without slowing down below the speed limit.
He was giving the finger to people getting by him and behind him.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

Captain Awesome wrote:I also see this self righteous old guy driving a crap box vehicle with a big sticker that says "If you're passing me, you're speeding!" and something along the lines of "THIS IS THE LAW!" or something inane like this. He drives 50KMH on the dot, and gives dirty looks to anybody who passes his sorry purposeful *bleep*.

So tell me Capt "A" what speed do you drive in a 50 zone a 30 zone a 60 zone a 90 zone ?
Talk about inane statements being made I think some here are "Captain's" of that .
Please enlighten us with your wisdom tell us what you deem is acceptable over the posted (speed limit) ?
I have a theory here I think it might be you that's pretending to be the self righteous old guy in the jalopy so you can get a rise out of normal people on these forums where did you get those bumper stickers from anyway not that I want any lol !

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”