How can we improve the bike lanes in Kelowna

Home of the traffic rant.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: How can we improve the bike lanes in Kelowna

Post by kibbs »

Parking tickets work better, hit em in the wallet!

Who with no respect for the law would pay them ? Next it will be a Jw style knock on the door preaching the values of bicycling and how we all need to work together to make kelowna a better place to cycle. Hallelujah!
If I'm gonna win this war, I must win peoples hearts and minds . Parking tickets will only make them hate bikes an bike lanes more.
If they had money they could afford a place to park all their beaters.
Last edited by kibbs on May 30th, 2013, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

I rode into the Rutland library today and stopped and chatted with the folks who owned the cars on the bike lane . They said they had too many cars and people so could not park on their driveway . They did say they would move them further off the road .

bike lane.jpg

People should stop throwing their fast food garbage on them.
Peace be with you.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

IMPO some of that tax money on fuel should go back to area's like central Okanagan (other places in BC as well) to build & pay for proper bike lanes that are separate from motor vehicle traffic.

Mixture of cyclist & vehicles is not working, and when two do collide the loser will always be cyclist.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

kibbs wrote:I rode into the Rutland library today and stopped and chatted with the folks who owned the cars on the bike lane . They said they had too many cars and people so could not park on their driveway . They did say they would move them further off the road .

bike lane.jpg

People should stop throwing their fast food garbage on them.

I just rode on past there and noticed the vehicles.... still in the same spot, still parked in the bike lane.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

I just rode on past there and noticed the vehicles.... still in the same spot, still parked in the bike lane.

In my conversation with the young woman I asked if she knew who owned the vehicles in the bike lane ?
She said she did not.
I said . You have vehicles parked in front of your house and you do not know who owns them.
I said I will just have to call the city then.
She then admitted the van was hers .
I asked why they didn't park it on the driveway ?
She said because of the other cars coming in and out of the garage.
She said that they could be moved more onto the property .
I offered my help if they needed it.
I told her it was a direct path to the new mountain bike park and kids use it.
I'll give it a little more time. I told her I did not want to be a dick and have to call the city.
They have bikes too she said and showed them to me . I invited them to come riding some day.
I'm gonna try and love my neighbour . But I would not ignore me if I were them. Love is something that is reciprocated.
Peace be with you.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”