Accidents

Home of the traffic rant.

Since the snow started, I have witnessed...

I have not witnessed any accidents.
74%
One accident.
15%
Two accidents.
3%
Three accidents.
9%

Total votes: 34

mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board

Accidents

Post by mechanic_virus »

I witnessed my second accident in as many days today. It seems that people take leave of their senses when the snow starts falling. One I saw today was caused by a woman who was at a stop - she started accelerating, then stopped suddenly (checking her brakes?), causing the man behind her, unable to anticipate her stop and unable to stop in time in turn, to skid into the back of her car.
Last night around 10pm I was on the reserve on the westside, where the roads had not been plowed or sanded since...?, driving at about 45km, when a minivan behind me thought I was going too slow. He sped up to pass me and skidded across the road, unable to regain control for a while. I thought he'd go right off the road, but when he was able to regain control, he kept on speeding ahead. I don't count this as an accident, of course, only more evidence of stupid drivers.
The other accident I saw was on Hwy 97 yesterday, a guy slid out of his lane and into the side of a truck in the lane next to his.
Anybody else witness any accidents since the snow started?
Puppycake
Board Meister

Post by Puppycake »

I have not witnessed any accidents, but thats probably because I haven't been out since this all started! I am NOT a snow driver! :smt103
LongInt
Board Meister

Post by LongInt »

Do you mean witness the accidents occur or witness the scenes after they have occurred?
mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board

Post by mechanic_virus »

Witness the accidents themselves. I've also seen three aftermaths.
LongInt
Board Meister

Post by LongInt »

Then that would be zero.
caffeine
Übergod

Post by caffeine »

Zero for me too.

MV - I think I will try and stay clear from your line of sight. Not that you are a bad driver, but you seem to witness a lot of accidents . . . :smt048
Canada4Life
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Canada4Life »

I haven't witnessed any accidents, but I've seen plenty of near misses. I also just missed out on witnessing an accident when I went to Calgary a couple weeks ago. There was a car down a steep slope to the right of the highway. Everyone was okay, and they had a cell phone they were using to call for help.
mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board

Post by mechanic_virus »

About 20 minutes ago, coming back on the bridge from the westside, some prick was tailgating to the point I could barely see his headlights in my rearview. When the road split into two lanes, he sped off into the other lane, and noticed almost too late a vehicle in front of him just around the curve. He slammed the brakes, and nearly smoked the other vehicle from behind. When the other vehicle turned off onto Abbott, he picked up speed and sped off down the highway. I expect he was doing about 70. Just a small car, too. Idiots.
Saxon

Post by Saxon »

Saw a couple of cars tonight...one in a ditch... one sat on a median lol... not exactly savvy when it comes to ice some people eh

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”