Shouldn't it be noted?

Home of the traffic rant.
bntherednthat

Shouldn't it be noted?

Post by bntherednthat »

Hi all!

I recently received a speeding ticked, and was looking the ticket over and I was wondering, shouldn't the ticket specifically say how fast I was going? The cop told me how fast I was going however did not write it down... I am thinking about fighting the ticket because there were three cars and the cop decided to pull me over, although the other cars were going just as fast as I, if not faster...

Any thoughts would be appreciated
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Shouldn't it be noted?

Post by cutter7 »

Thats could backfire for everyone else... speeding tickets are issued at different levels , the faster you go the bigger the ticket up to and including the vehicle being seized.

Sometimes a police officer will give a ticket on the lower speed to cut you a break. challenging the ticket could result in the speed having to be put on the ticket and removing that chance of a lower fine happening again.

hey! look at that! I made a positive police comment, do I get some kind of cookie?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

much better cutter
now was that so hard
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

How about coffee and a doughnut ? :sunshine:
Black Dogs Matter
netfreak
Übergod

Post by netfreak »

The officer would likely have it in his/her notes which would be presented if you went to dispute the ticket.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

He couldn't pull over all 3 cars. You were the lucky one. Pay the ticket. Maybe next time you'll be one of the other 3.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
MyNameIsURL
Fledgling

Post by MyNameIsURL »

bntherednthat wrote:Hi all!

I recently received a speeding ticked, and was looking the ticket over and I was wondering, shouldn't the ticket specifically say how fast I was going? The cop told me how fast I was going however did not write it down... I am thinking about fighting the ticket because there were three cars and the cop decided to pull me over, although the other cars were going just as fast as I, if not faster...

Have you ever gone fishing and catch every fish in the lake? 3 of you were speeding and he got you... suck it up!
johnhenry
Übergod

Post by johnhenry »

Maybe you should just drive the speed limit and then he won't pick on you.
Words out of your mouth are like bullets out of a gun.
Once they are out, you can't take them back.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

Were you speeding ? If so pay the damn fine your guilty !
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

If you were speeding, and your defense is "but other people were speeding too!" then you will have done nothing but wasted the courts time.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

cutter7 wrote:Thats could backfire for everyone else... speeding tickets are issued at different levels , the faster you go the bigger the ticket up to and including the vehicle being seized.

Sometimes a police officer will give a ticket on the lower speed to cut you a break. challenging the ticket could result in the speed having to be put on the ticket and removing that chance of a lower fine happening again.

hey! look at that! I made a positive police comment, do I get some kind of cookie?
Hey cutter Im proud of you :dyinglaughing:
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Did you ever go fishing? Did you catch all the fish or only a couple? That's why you go caught. If your so concerned about it, how about not speeding.
Tero
Board Meister

Post by Tero »

you were speeding. boo hoo, you got caught.

don't waste taxpayer money fighting something you were GUILTY of doing. Be a man and accept your punishment.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

netfreak wrote:The officer would likely have it in his/her notes which would be presented if you went to dispute the ticket.

You are correct, the notes of who,where,when and how fast will be documented on the back of the ticket. A error can be ammeded even at time of trial.

Save time and pay your ticket. Next time slow down leave 5 minutes earlier!!
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

...and that's why we all have our own speedometer in our vehicles....

There is nowhere to put the speed on a ticket. Besides, what difference does it make if it's on there or not as to whether or not you want to dispute it? I can assure you that the "but i was just following the flow of traffic" excuse won't fly as a valid defense.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”