Shouldn't it be noted?

Home of the traffic rant.
Leader

Re: Shouldn't it be noted?

Post by Leader »

Plain and simple YOU WERE SPEEDING! If you don't want a ticket then slow down. Obey the law. Life is too short to be in such a hurry. What if you hit someone or caused an accident.
Leader

Post by Leader »

You aren't getting a lot of sympathy here buddy now are ya?
keepitreal
Fledgling

Post by keepitreal »

Stop and think of the number of times you DIDNT get caught. What goes around comes around. Pay the damn thing.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

CoconutBreath wrote:Oh, & by the way, there, KL3, don't give me your cop-talk about no bumper sticker section, cuz we all know, no matter how NICE ya are to a cop (been there DONE that), if a cop simply "don't like 'ya",...he'll search your car, or make sure u don't have a CRACKED lens somewhere (especially if ya drive a winter beater, like me) ...he'll try to find SOMEthing. So a foul bumper sticker (which I have MANY) leads to a cop lookin for other petty things.

welcome to the forums coconut! I am enjoying your input
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

SurplusElect wrote:Driving with traffic is a driving technique for safety, not a excuse.

True, but 3 other cars =/= traffic.

CoconutBreath wrote:soooo....what your saying is that ANY ticket you get, you sulk inside your clothes & shrug, & just hand over your cheque book without so much as a thought? You go, gurl. Just go for it. Be a sheep. Not this cat. You do whatever YOU want,.....but I'll WASTE ...EVERYbody's time...EVERYbody's MONEY. Hvae a seatbelt infraction which was totally bogus, but I'm fighting it...just to WASTE ...YOUR tax dollars.

When it's a valid ticket, man up and pay it, don't sit there and whine that you got caught. How is a seatbelt ticket bogus? If you weren't wearing a seatbelt, you're a liability on the roads, so you get a ticket.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

I got the feeling that the OP was looking for some sound advice and likely a little sympathy. So he's getting some advice fer sure, but not feeling the love! :sadist:
bikeguy25
Fledgling

Post by bikeguy25 »

Anyone else see the drastic similarities from the fact that Yeti has not been seen in a while and now the Coconutcase shows up.....
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

bikeguy25 wrote:Anyone else see the drastic similarities from the fact that Yeti has not been seen in a while and now the Coconutcase shows up.....

Did anyone notice that when bikeguy25 went on hiatus mrcycle started poking around a little more in a very similar fashion....

Those who live in glass houses, bikeguy25.....
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
bikeguy25
Fledgling

Post by bikeguy25 »

I have explained many times my association with "MrCycle" and his relation to me. Besides shouldent you be out harrassing people and writing tickets for rude bumper stickers and because they "look" like they deserve a ticket.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

I have a suggestion regarding noting the speed you were travelling.

You've heard that the cop will write his/her notes on the back of their copy of the ticket. If you ask nicely, I sure the member would let you write down what speed you feel you were travelling.

Let's say the limit was 50, you are pulled over. You are sure that you were only going 60, keeping up with traffic. The member says you were going 68. There's your chance.

"I was only going 60 Kms an hour"

I'm sure the member would be happy to present that in court for you.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
bikeguy25
Fledgling

Post by bikeguy25 »

HAHAHAHA I know I will.......Oh and feel free to tell them you dont know how fast you were going or your spedometer was broken.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

I seem to remember a similar thread a while ago where several peeps thought that speeding was perfectly acceptable so long as you were "keeping up with other traffic" and they kept harping on about how dangerous all these other drivers were who actually obeyed the law. :dyinglaughing:

I have noticed however that there seems to be a problem with different speed limits and drivers abilities to keep to them or even bother to look at the signs. It appears that most just drive at a set speed which may be ok on a highway but way too fast in town.
I have followed cars that drive at 85 on the highway then continue to drive at 85 in a 60 and even in the 50 at the start of Harvey, its as if they aren't capable of lifting off the gas just a bit. Maybe we need more obvious signs and more of them. They still haven't done anything about the speed signs on the new section under the overpass at Westside road. Coming from Kelowna its 60 over the bridge but where is the 80 sign when you start driving up the hill? Its 80 in the opposite direction.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

CoconutBreath wrote:I say FIGHT ...ALL traffic tickets.

CLOG the system. We are all allowed our day in court, so make sure to fight whatever ticket you get. The cop may not show up, then you win by default. Whatever the case,...just CLOG UP our court system & then cops will think thrice on wasting their time handing out silly little tickets like for tinted windows or foul bumper stickers.
"Beauty" Geeessshhh !
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

dodgerdodge wrote:I seem to remember a similar thread a while ago where several peeps thought that speeding was perfectly acceptable so long as you were "keeping up with other traffic" and they kept harping on about how dangerous all these other drivers were who actually obeyed the law. :dyinglaughing:

It's much safer to be keeping up with traffic, provided your vehicle is capable. If it isn't, I suggest taking it off the road and getting it fixed because it's now a liability.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

underscore wrote:
It's much safer to be keeping up with traffic, provided your vehicle is capable. If it isn't, I suggest taking it off the road and getting it fixed because it's now a liability.

My vehicle is capable of more than twice the legal highway limit thank you. I choose not to drive at that speed as i like to keep hold of my licence and my money.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”