Shouldn't it be noted?

Home of the traffic rant.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Re: Shouldn't it be noted?

Post by SurplusElect »

KL3-Something wrote: Besides, what difference does it make if it's on there or not as to whether or not you want to dispute it? I can assure you that the "but i was just following the flow of traffic" excuse won't fly as a valid defense.

Then get your butts over to Harvey during the 5pm rushhour.

...because its 80 km/hr from Spall to Ethel, daily.

I drive with traffic and don't feel like being rear ended, honked at and swerved around, let alone crawl at 30 km/hour and stop/gas my way home using the suicide HOV lane.

If a whole "lights worth" of cars is going 80 right around The Old Spaghetti factory, then they need to up the limit.
Last edited by SurplusElect on Feb 7th, 2013, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I don't go 80 in a 60 and have never been fingered or rear ended - that's a poor excuse to use for speeding as well. People should own up to their mistakes and deal with it instead of avoiding responsibility.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Fancy wrote:That's a poor excuse to use for speeding as well. People should own up to their mistakes and deal with it instead of avoiding responsibility.

Not a excuse. If everyone is going 80, then you drive with traffic. It's safer because then your not a obstacle for everyone to move around. Lane changes and speed variations = unsafe.

By all means, give me a ticket and I will record speeds there for 2 weeks and present the data to a judge. It's my daily commute and I get annoyed that either :

1. Traffic speeds are not enforced
2. Traffic speeds are set way too low for the road

...because its 80 km/hour there, daily.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

bntherednthat wrote: although the other cars were going just as fast as I, if not faster...

I think if you're going to take it to court, you'll need a better legal argument than, 'sure, I admit I was speeding, but other people were speeding maybe more!'
All posts 100% moderator approved!
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

If you choose to speed and drive with traffic, just be smart enough and tail people so the guy in front of you will get pulled over, not you.

I think the OP's beef was with ticket itself to see if he can get off on technicality which he won't.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
keeny
Fledgling

Post by keeny »

If you have a visible facial piercing, are part of an ethic group other than run of the mill anglo-saxon, you can dispute and say it was profiling.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Not a excuse. If everyone is going 80, then you drive with traffic. It's safer because then your not a obstacle for everyone to move around. Lane changes and speed variations = unsafe.
Of course it's an excuse. No way should the speed limit change there but I do agree more enforcement is necessary to revise people's opinions that it should.

I am thinking about fighting the ticket because there were three cars and the cop decided to pull me over, although the other cars were going just as fast as I
Slow down then and don't copy other people.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Fancy wrote:Of course it's an excuse. No way should the speed limit change there but I do agree more enforcement is necessary to revise people's opinions that it should.

Driving with traffic is a driving technique for safety, not a excuse.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

SurplusElect wrote:Driving with traffic is a driving technique for safety, not a excuse.

...just like jumping off a roof when everybody else is jumping.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

SurplusElect"

By all means, give me a ticket and I will record speeds there for 2 weeks and present the data to a judge. It's my daily commute and I get annoyed that either :

1. Traffic speeds are not enforced
2. Traffic speeds are set way too low for the road

...because its 80 km/hour there, daily.

The Judge or in most cases the Justice of the Peace won't give a ratzass what you observations have been for two weeks. If the speed limit is posted, that's the limit!!

The JP of Judge are not responsilbe for posting it.

Trust me I've heard almost every excuse in the book when it comes to speeding tickets and they still get convicted.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Captain Awesome wrote:If you choose to speed and drive with traffic, just be smart enough and tail people so the guy in front of you will get pulled over, not you.

I think the OP's beef was with ticket itself to see if he can get off on technicality which he won't.

Or the nice traffic cop, will clock the first guy, pull you both over and give you each your own ticket!! :dyinglaughing:
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

Consider yourself lucky that you weren't hauled out of your vehicle and kicked in the face. Owe up and pay your ticket you criminal. :sillygrin:
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

KL3-Something wrote:...and that's why we all have our own speedometer in our vehicles....

There is nowhere to put the speed on a ticket. Besides, what difference does it make if it's on there or not as to whether or not you want to dispute it? I can assure you that the "but i was just following the flow of traffic" excuse won't fly as a valid defense.

:rate10:
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

KL3-Something wrote: Besides, what difference does it make if it's on there or not as to whether or not you want to dispute it? I can assure you that the "but i was just following the flow of traffic" excuse won't fly as a valid defense.

SurplusElect wrote:Then get your butts over to Harvey during the 5pm rushhour.

...because its 80 km/hr from Spall to Ethel, daily.

I drive with traffic and don't feel like being rear ended, honked at and swerved around, let alone crawl at 30 km/hour and stop/gas my way home using the suicide HOV lane.

If a whole "lights worth" of cars is going 80 right around The Old Spaghetti factory, then they need to up the limit.

Thanks. I'll make a note of that and put it on the list of places that need enforcement along with the other 200 locations in town people have complained about.....
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
CoconutBreath
Fledgling

Post by CoconutBreath »

I say FIGHT ...ALL traffic tickets.

CLOG the system. We are all allowed our day in court, so make sure to fight whatever ticket you get. The cop may not show up, then you win by default. Whatever the case,...just CLOG UP our court system & then cops will think thrice on wasting their time handing out silly little tickets like for tinted windows or foul bumper stickers.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”