Kelowna's Bad Drivers and Big Accidents

Home of the traffic rant.
dsldriver
Generalissimo Postalot

Kelowna's Bad Drivers and Big Accidents

Post by dsldriver »

3 major accidents in one afternoon, a pedestrian goes to the hospital (an innocent bystander I might add). Tell me seriously, when are you morons in this city going to slow down and quit treating the city streets like they are you own personal raceway??? Everyday I see people. That when the light turns green, you tromp on it and see if you can set record for the most fuel burnt in one acceleration, then have the nerve to *bleep* about gas prices. A traffic light turns green and some magic friggin genie pops up and turns Harvey into an autobahn that allows you to go double the speed limit just to get through the intersection with no regard for anyone else at all.

Maybe the RCMP should start charging people with dangerous driving causing (in this last case) injury. I am not sure if that is what the actual charge is, but people with this lack of regard for other people need to spend some time in the damned prison system and becomes someones *bleep* so they can learn just what a total disregard for another human being is about.

I mean for Christ's sake it only takes 20 minutes to drive across town. If you are going to be late, it's your own damn fault becuase you didn't leave early enough. Smarten up, slow the *bleep* down and drive like a human being. If you can't do that. Then get on a damn bus!!!!

(end rant)
Leader

Re: Kelowna's Bad Drivers and Big Accidents

Post by Leader »

Hmmm you obviously just moved to our beautiful CITY? From....Alberta more than likely??? (the gas comment gave it away) This problem that you rant about happens in every place that there are roadways not just in Kelowna.
Spocky
Fledgling

Post by Spocky »

Leader wrote:Hmmm you obviously just moved to our beautiful CITY? From....Alberta more than likely??? (the gas comment gave it away) This problem that you rant about happens in every place that there are roadways not just in Kelowna.

Er... don't forget that Kelowna leads the nation in drunk drivers. I agree with the OP!
It Is When People Forget God That Tyrants Forge Their Chains - Patrick Henry
It's the Marxists, Stupid!
BC under the Endeepee won't be just like North Korea: the gulags will have nicer views.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Leader wrote:This problem that you rant about happens in every place that there are roadways not just in Kelowna.

To an extent yes, but it sure seems more prevalent in Kelowna. Maybe it's just the math, more people on the road = more discourteous/aggressive drivers. I live in Penticton and there is a noticable difference in the average driver attitude when I come to Kelowna. I signal a lane change and it's like an invitation for someone to accelerate into the slot I'm heading for.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Leader

Post by Leader »

dsldriver was talking about bad drivers, NOT drunk drivers. So my opinion still stands.
ohgeeze
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by ohgeeze »

Call me crazy...but there seems to be more accidents with no snow on the roads lately?
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

dsldriver wrote: when are you morons in this city going to slow down and quit treating the city streets like they are you own personal raceway???

I totally have to agree with your post!
Not a single day goes by when I drive somewhere, that within the first minute, some moron is driving like a nutcase.
Speeding, tailgating, not signalling, texting, no patience, no courtesy, no proper driving skills!
No wonder why there are so many accidents even when the weather and streets are good.
Kelowna has some pretty bad drivers with attitudes from another planet!

If the cops weren't busy with all the other different freaks around here, we would have some traffic law enforcement, and most of these morons wouldn't have a license anymore.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

After spending a few years driving in Montreal I didn't think there could be a place in Canada that could have worse drivers until I got to Kelowna. The RCMP need to crack down on these people and get the message out.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

The government would rather have a system where almost any idiot can get their license and maybe have a shot a being on "Canada's Worst Driver." Then, if they want to reduce collisions they might think to jack up the fines which doesn't improve anyone's driving abilities but sure generates more cash for them. They are like a parent who would rather scold you for doing something wrong than teach you the proper way to do it to begin with.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Pookybear
Übergod

Post by Pookybear »

dsldriver wrote:3 major accidents in one afternoon, a pedestrian goes to the hospital (an innocent bystander I might add). Tell me seriously, when are you morons in this city going to slow down and quit treating the city streets like they are you own personal raceway??? Everyday I see people. That when the light turns green, you tromp on it and see if you can set record for the most fuel burnt in one acceleration, then have the nerve to *bleep* about gas prices. A traffic light turns green and some magic friggin genie pops up and turns Harvey into an autobahn that allows you to go double the speed limit just to get through the intersection with no regard for anyone else at all.

Maybe the RCMP should start charging people with dangerous driving causing (in this last case) injury. I am not sure if that is what the actual charge is, but people with this lack of regard for other people need to spend some time in the damned prison system and becomes someones *bleep* so they can learn just what a total disregard for another human being is about.

I mean for Christ's sake it only takes 20 minutes to drive across town. If you are going to be late, it's your own damn fault becuase you didn't leave early enough. Smarten up, slow the *bleep* down and drive like a human being. If you can't do that. Then get on a damn bus!!!!

(end rant)

Every time I read someone complaining about all the speeders I want to laugh but it isn't funny. Most people I am behind go below the speed limit for zero reason or because they are are on their cell phones. I guess people jump on the speeders bandwagon as that is what ICBC told the sheeple to believe. Or maybe when your driving 10-15 under the speed limit it looks like those driving the limit are going crazy fast. I would love to know how many of these accidents are caused people on their phones and I wonder if the police are checking phone records.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Leader wrote:Hmmm you obviously just moved to our beautiful CITY? From....Alberta more than likely??? (the gas comment gave it away) This problem that you rant about happens in every place that there are roadways not just in Kelowna.

dsldriver is a bus driver if memory serves me right. If anyone driving about Kelowna can give anaccurate report of local drivers it would be a transit bus driver. His points are well made.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
Necro
Übergod

Post by Necro »

for the life of me I cannot understand people who need to speed like a**holes, and then have the nerve to honk, cut off, or tailgate those choosing to go the speed limit.

the "fast lane", is not a "speeding lane".

I say more people need to be pro-active, and start reporting these individuals, maybe it will sink in, most likely not but hey stupid is as stupid does.
Did you know 1 of 3 Biden voters are as dumb as the other 2? #LetsGoBrandon!
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

No need to tell me about idiot drivers. Yesterday I was texting the obligatory 'LOL' in response to my floozy girlfriend's sad attempt at observational humour, when, without warning, the idiot in front of me decided to stop for a yellow light.

I had to hit the brakes so hard, I dumped my Timmies in my lap. How do these dumb clucks get their licences? Where is bikeguy when you need him?
All posts 100% moderator approved!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I wish I could read minds, then I wouldn't have to wait for persons to use their signal lights!!

I can't understand this, if you know where you are going, why wait untill you are onto of the corner before signalling? The other factors is total lack of attention / regard to traffic control lights.
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by John500 »

Driving in this valley is totally out of control. I am one of those drivers that does the speedlimit. Hence I have raised trucks with unadjusted bright white/blue lights, cars, busses, and semis on my .ss all the time. And I just dont care. Too bad. I get there when I get there, safe and sound.. Funny thing is, driving the right lane most of the times I often catch them and pass them in the right lane at a traffic light. Sooo funny. But they have not figured it out that in most cases the right lane has become the faster lane.
Solution? Increase the fines to start. Maybe 1st time speeding $500, 2nd time within 1 year, 3 months no driving and a $1000 fine. Same for cell, and there are many who just dont give a hoot. With all respect to Albertans, they dont know how to drive in BC. For some reason the left lane seems to be the Alberta lane.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”