2013 - Bike Lanes & Right-Hand Turns

Home of the traffic rant.
WhenWhatWho
Banned

Re: 2013 - Bike Lanes & Right-Hand Turns

Post by WhenWhatWho »

mconzatti wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1IbnhjRiNU

Speaking of using bike lanes as their own personal right hand turn lane. Not one, but THREE morons decided to use the bike lane AND the shoulder on Rutland Road to turn on to McCurdy Road. There's even an RCMP vehicle at the intersection and not one person received a ticket!

*removed*

And you didn't get a ticket for driving with a broken windshield.
mconzatti

Post by mconzatti »

WhenWhatWho wrote:
And you didn't get a ticket for driving with a broken windshield.

From the Motor Vehicle Act, Division 7
Windshields and window s7.05  (1) No person shall drive or operate on a highway a motor vehicle where the windshield or any window of which is in such condition that the vision of the driver is impaired.

The crack is 1" below the top of the windshield at the centre, so while it appears to be in my line of vision from the point of view of the dash cam it is not, the dash cam is mounted behind the rear view mirror. The crack is in no way impacting my vision.

Can I assume you are the driver of the Audi?
WhenWhatWho
Banned

Post by WhenWhatWho »

mconzatti wrote:From the Motor Vehicle Act, Division 7
Windshields and window s7.05  (1) No person shall drive or operate on a highway a motor vehicle where the windshield or any window of which is in such condition that the vision of the driver is impaired.

The crack is 1" below the top of the windshield at the centre, so while it appears to be in my line of vision from the point of view of the dash cam it is not, the dash cam is mounted behind the rear view mirror. The crack is in no way impacting my vision.

Can I assume you are the driver of the Audi?

You can assume anything you like but, you would be wrong. Where is the crack in front of the drivers seat?
mconzatti

Post by mconzatti »

WhenWhatWho wrote:

You can assume anything you like but, you would be wrong. Where is the crack in front of the drivers seat?

It's not. The crack ends behind my rear view mirror and does not impede my vision.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”