Speeders on Bridge and Westside

Home of the traffic rant.
logman
Übergod

Re: Speeders on Bridge and Westside

Post by logman »

I could think of a few other words for that particular driving behaviour but can't we all just get along? Respect one another? Lol.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

People, and I use the term lightly, are now starting to exit hop going east bound before the bridge. I watched a guy do the circuit he has to drive in order to do this all to gain about 100 meters. Doubt it's illegal, hopefully karma will take are of them.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
lostsurferinbc
Fledgling

Post by lostsurferinbc »

Poindexter wrote:People, and I use the term lightly, are now starting to exit hop going east bound before the bridge. I watched a guy do the circuit he has to drive in order to do this all to gain about 100 meters. Doubt it's illegal, hopefully karma will take are of them.

The beauty of freedom is that I can drive on any public road I choose even though it only gains me 400m. There is no karma in this story.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Poindexter wrote:People, and I use the term lightly, are now starting to exit hop going east bound before the bridge. I watched a guy do the circuit he has to drive in order to do this all to gain about 100 meters. Doubt it's illegal, hopefully karma will take are of them.

Oh yeah i've seen it too. I seem to remember someone on here telling me there was no congestion like before now the lights have gone at Westside road and i still disagree as every morning it backs up past the new overpass enough to make some drivers revert to exiting and re entering to gain a bit of time.
nikonfan
Fledgling

Post by nikonfan »

GoStumpy wrote:
Do you want a tractor-trailer beside you in that new temporary corner doing 60km/h+?

I don't.

The 50 km limit is nuts. If you can not go 60 km( a whopping 36 Miles per hour ) around a corner beside a truck I don't want you on the road period!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Seriously? it's a construction zone.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Its a danger zone! I was coming up bridge hill and there were several vehicles in front in the distance, all driving way over the 60 limit and then all of a sudden the vehicles in 2 of the lanes see the flashing "50 limit" sign and hit the brakes and the ones behind almost ran into the back of them.
Slow down people its only 60 on the bridge after all!
lostsurferinbc
Fledgling

Post by lostsurferinbc »

I think that area is doomed to have construction forever. Lol. When I first came into the construction zone my thoughts were "seriously again? What was wrong with the way it was?"
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

Who is paying for the construction/ destruction for the new approaches to the newish mall from boucherie and horizon drive? Just wondering who is paying for the road work. Remember the stink about the land swap that was supposed to be in rose valley? That went quietly away didn't it?
lostsurferinbc
Fledgling

Post by lostsurferinbc »

^^^no doubt^^^ Apparently Christy Clark wants to spend 2.5 million researching the possibility of another bridge. *sigh*

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”