The Westside overpass

Home of the traffic rant.
logman
Übergod

The Westside overpass

Post by logman »

To the idiot drivers that exit the hyway at the overpass just to gain 400 meters then merge back onto the 97. I hate you. I will never let you in. I am sorry to the legit merge traffic. Screw you the drivers that do this. It's pathetic that you think you are so sneakey doing this. Die in a fiery single vehicle accident
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: The westside overpass

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

logman wrote:To the idiot drivers that exit the hyway at the overpass just to gain 400 meters then merge back onto the 97. I hate you. I will never let you in. I am sorry to the legit merge traffic. Screw you the drivers that do this. It's pathetic that you think you are so sneakey doing this. Die in a fiery single vehicle accident

Same gene pool as the *bleep* bags I used to see in the summer time, driving down the right hand shoulder to get ahead, before they rebuilt the road.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Steve-O
Übergod

Re: The westside overpass

Post by Steve-O »

Been thinking the same thing Logman. I've also seen these d-bags use the Campbell Road exit and pop back on to the hwy by the Cemetery. I'm on board with you as well, I do not let them in. Quite often pull up alongside these guys at Westlake Rd.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Re: The Westside overpass

Post by dodgerdodge »

I agree that these drivers are just plain stupid, only adding to the congestion for those that stay on the main route, however it does say something about our current road system when it is actually quicker to leave at an exit and rejoin after travelling through lights rather than stay on the main highway. That problem may well ease when they build this new underpass a few feet earlier than the current one as some traffic will exit earlier and the line up at Boucherie will be shorter, at least thats what everyone hopes. Of course before that happens we will be subjected to all lanes diverted away from highway and back on so they can build the new underpass which we all know mean weeks more delays regardless of the fact that we are not losing any lanes. Construction zones, reduced speeds, police radar traps and a mix of cones and flaggers means stop go traffic for sure.
logman
Übergod

Re: The Westside overpass

Post by logman »

To Steve-o: The Campbell rd. idiot move is the same but they just whip around the round-about. The tools that use the westside rd at least may have to stop at the light at the top. The campbell rd one seems to be a summer/busier time of year. The campbell rd move is so visible it's real easy to pick out the most inconsiderate drivers that I will never let merge. Same vehicle's,same time everyday.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”