Courtesy cars for bad drivers?

Home of the traffic rant.

Should collision repair shops be giving out courtesy cars?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 7

rideforever
Übergod

Courtesy cars for bad drivers?

Post by rideforever »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#106212
castanet wrote:Traffic along Harvey Avenue came to a crawl Thursday morning after a 'Prestige Collision' vehicle clipped a black truck and flipped on its roof.

Fire crews braced the car while removing the lone male driver who RCMP say is a Kelowna man in his 30's.
[...]

Was this a courtesy car? Should collision repair shops be giving out courtesy cars? I think this guy needs a time out.

What about the govt, should they enact a suspension for people who cause crashes? Do they already do that? If you can get suspended for drinking and driving just because it increases the risk of crashing, should actually crashing carry a heavier penalty?

Can't help but laugh at the coincidental ad placement (see image).
Attachments
New Bitmap Image (2).jpg
Steve-O
Übergod

Re: Courtesy cars for bad drivers?

Post by Steve-O »

I think the fella that crashed should watch the New Zealand commercial from this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=54912
rideforever
Übergod

Post by rideforever »

By the way he was driving today, I'm guessing he's driving a courtesy car because he crashed his car. If that didn't smarten him up, I doubt some commercial will help.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Having seen some pretty bad driving in autobody shop courtesty cars ... I always find myself asking "Wonder what happened to their car?"
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

I hope they check his cell phone !!!!!!!!
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

rideforever wrote:Was this a courtesy car? Should collision repair shops be giving out courtesy cars? I think this guy needs a time out.

My thoughts exactly when I read that story.

*bleep* should have his license pulled.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Pookybear
Übergod

Post by Pookybear »

Takin it easy ! wrote:I hope they check his cell phone !!!!!!!!

Exactly what I was thinking. They ruled out alcohol, although if he was smoking weed I am sure that is not checked and it is against the law to use your phone but they don't check that either. I don't get it. ICBC has the sheeple believing speed causes all crashes and Madd has everyone believing booze does but what about the just plain crappy drivers or the the cell phone users? Who is going to save us from them?
rideforever
Übergod

Post by rideforever »

Pookybear wrote:
Exactly what I was thinking. They ruled out alcohol, although if he was smoking weed I am sure that is not checked and it is against the law to use your phone but they don't check that either. I don't get it. ICBC has the sheeple believing speed causes all crashes and Madd has everyone believing booze does but what about the just plain crappy drivers or the the cell phone users? Who is going to save us from them?

If he was smoking bud he would probably be paranoid and wait until there's a huge gap before going.

I'm betting this is one of the brain dead zombies that thinks speed is the only thing they have to pay attention to. They think it's ok to daydream through traffic just because they drive slow.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”