Another driver misakes the gas for the brake...

Home of the traffic rant.
lightspeed
Guru

Re: Another driver misakes the gas for the brake...

Post by lightspeed »

If you report dangerous drivers (of any age) to the RCMP this may trigger a road test. Especially if the complaints are consistent.

It's up to you (the motoring public) to play your part.

Simply contact Central Okanagan Traffic Services, at the town/community you are at. Provide full details, be fair and objective when reporting any incident.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
forumdoug
Übergod

Post by forumdoug »

lightspeed wrote:If you report dangerous drivers (of any age) to the RCMP this may trigger a road test. Especially if the complaints are consistent.

It's up to you (the motoring public) to play your part.

Simply contact Central Okanagan Traffic Services, at the town/community you are at. Provide full details, be fair and objective when reporting any incident.

Couldn't you just file a report directly with the Office of the Superintendent of Motor Vehicles?

Cheers,
Doug
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Updated:

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#180964

How is this possible?

“Initial findings by investigators indicate the vehicle rolled into the building."
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

just popping in wrote:Updated:

How is this possible?

“Initial findings by investigators indicate the vehicle rolled into the building."

Of course it rolled, wheels roll!

How effing fast can a vehicle get moving on a flat surface with no gas (assuming it just "rolled").
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I would venture a guess that either the investigators or the news reporter missed the boat on this one.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

How is this possible?

It didn't hop or slide into the building. It rolled, likely propelled by a running engine and an still engaged transmission and judging by the height of the curb it may have had some assistance on the accelerator.
Waste not
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

How is this possible?

It's been awhile since I've been to Quality Greens. I do believe parking is somewhat flat with small slope away from the building toward the street. So it did roll with major assistance from an accelerator pedel.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

I find it a bit unfortunate these instances aren't getting more attention. Thousands of pounds of metal propelled through the wall of a business where people are shopping and all we see is a short article stating 'gee, it must've rolled'.

How many more near misses before something gets done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

bumped

People please learn to only use 1 foot to drive automatics.
Pizza night won't happen from Hansen's
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... in-Kelowna
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
eires37
Banned

Post by eires37 »

GordonH wrote:bumped

People please learn to only use 1 foot to drive automatics.
Pizza night won't happen from Hansen's
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... in-Kelowna

I could never understand people using two feet in autos... harder on the entire driveline and brakes. Not to mention a PIA to drive behind them.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

eires37 wrote:I could never understand people using two feet in autos... harder on the entire driveline and brakes. Not to mention a PIA to drive behind them.

Bring back the manual. Force people to a actually think before they drive :up:
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

it should be mandatory to do your road test in a manual transmission car it would keep a lot of the clueless ones off the roads
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
eires37
Banned

Post by eires37 »

OKkayak wrote:
eires37 wrote:I could never understand people using two feet in autos... harder on the entire driveline and brakes. Not to mention a PIA to drive behind them.

Bring back the manual. Force people to a actually think before they drive :up:

Most people would never buy them, except for the select sports car buyer & off-road jeep etc. The auto industry has been inventing more and more driver assist aids in order to justify higher car prices. Do we really need lane keep assist, blind spot monitoring, cross traffic alert, and parallel park assist? Last time I checked parallel parking was part of the driver exam.

All of these aids are nice to have as an assist, but should never take place of using our own driving skills/mirrors etc. Unfortunately they seem to be dumbing down a certain segment of motorists.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

eires37 wrote:Most people would never buy them, except for the select sports car buyer & off-road jeep etc. The auto industry has been inventing more and more driver assist aids in order to justify higher car prices. Do we really need lane keep assist, blind spot monitoring, cross traffic alert, and parallel park assist? Last time I checked parallel parking was part of the driver exam.

All of these aids are nice to have as an assist, but should never take place of using our own driving skills/mirrors etc. Unfortunately they seem to be dumbing down a certain segment of motorists.

ICBC offers reduced premiums if the car has these features.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

alanjh595 wrote:
eires37 wrote:Most people would never buy them, except for the select sports car buyer & off-road jeep etc. The auto industry has been inventing more and more driver assist aids in order to justify higher car prices. Do we really need lane keep assist, blind spot monitoring, cross traffic alert, and parallel park assist? Last time I checked parallel parking was part of the driver exam.

ICBC offers reduced premiums if the car has these features.

they should charge you more if you're handicapped enough to need those features
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”